Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

How much have you low bmi'ers lost? Concerned I'm not losing enough.

Hi everyone I'm 13 days post op and have only lost about 14 pounds. I was 214 day of surgery. I feel like it should be going faster. Any other low bmi sleevers out there? What was your loss at the 1 and 2 month mark? I started back at gym yesterday so hope that helps.

Hi everyone I'm 13 days post op and have only lost about 14 pounds. I was 214 day of surgery. I feel like it should be going faster. Any other low bmi sleevers out there? What was your loss at the 1 and 2 month mark? I started back at gym yesterday so hope that helps.

Surgery date was 5/1 and I was 216. I'm at 188 now. At the 1 month mark I was 196. Exercise does help. I'm hoping that by not losing it very fast I'll escape/lessen the dreaded hair loss... I guess we'll see. Every check up my doctor is happy with everything so I guess it's all good.

I was 17 lbs at 2 weeks, but then nothing for 5 days. I know in my heart, eating like this and exercising, the weight will eventually come off. Hang in there and follow your plan!

I am going to be a month out tomorrow and have lost 18 lbs. The first 14 fell off in 2 weeks...the last 4 lbs have taken two weeks to come off. It is slow going. I have started back at the gym and hope to convert some of this fat into muscle to help out.

Good grief, that's a pound a day! I was 213 day of surgery, lost 9.5 pounds at my post op appt and then stalled for 5 weeks. Finally lost 3 pounds to break the stall. At 9 weeks out I've lost 18 pounds.

id say compared to me you're doing fantastic!

On 28/06/2017 at 6:01 AM, Mallory77 said:

It does not matter how much anyone else has lost, as long as you are following the plan you are fine 13 days after surgery your not even fully heald yet, have you ever lost 14 lbs in 13 days before ? put it into prospective. It is not a competition , just keep doing what your doing making sure your keeping your liquids up .

Every human loses at different rates because of many variations.

I had my surgery 4th july 20lbs down. It is not as fast as some but i have never lost so fast before.

Goodluck, you will be very disapointed if you compare forever :)

On 29/06/2017 at 10:35 PM, tenseintexas said:

That is more than a pound a day. I am not sure why you would not be happy with that .

Some people are just like that, it is quite sad when i think about it . sometimes i think in reality people are just showing off and know its a good loss but i give people the benifit of the doubt.

Edited by dreamingsmall

I'm 5 weeks out and have lost 27 pounds so far- since my journey (21 since surgery day) I think you are on track.
Slow and steady wins the race!

Mich W
Hw 223, SW 217 CW 196.6 GW 135

I'm almost a year out (August 30th) and was a low BMI'er with PCOS. I had alot of short stalls, but just stuck with the program and feel that going to the gym (after doc's release) was imperative to the whole process. I just did what I could at the gym. Everyone has to start somewhere. I just talked to someone with my same stats who had surgery in December and already lost as much as I did. That's 6 months versus a year!!!! That blew my mind. It's hard to not get caught up in the numbers. My advice would be to focus on how you feel and the things you will be able to do as well as your loss. Don't let the scale dictate your total success or happiness.

My stats:

Height 5'7"
Starting weight - 236
Surgery weight - 232
Weight as of today (7/29) - 144

Best wishes to you on your journey!

Starting weight: 210

Day of surgery weight: 192

At one month out, I was at 182 (down 10 pounds), and at 2 months out I was at 177 (down 15 pounds).

I'm 10 months out and I'm down 63 pounds.

Edited by Hellya

17 hours ago, Hellya said:

Starting weight: 210

Day of surgery weight: 192

At one month out, I was at 182 (down 10 pounds), and at 2 months out I was at 177 (down 15 pounds).

I'm 10 months out and I'm down 63 pounds.

I like hearing this. I do want slow and steady. I have gained back the initial weight I lost when I was only sipping Water post surgery. I knew it wasn't just dehydration. So about 10 days out, since surgery day I've only lost 2-3 total pounds. Originally 6 lbs fell right off.

You'll get there. Along the way there were definitely times when I was frustrated and angry and thought it was going way too slowly. Now, looking back, I think it was fine. I'd still like to lose a bit more, but I'm ok with it taking a while. I'm living life, feeling good, doing stuff I didn't do before, wearing clothes I've never in my life fit into before, it's all good. :D

This gives me so much hope. I'm a very slow loser - 9 weeks out and down 15 pounds. Thanks for the post, Hellya!

I am checking back in. I am slowly bobbing along.

It has been about 9 weeks post-op and I am down 23 lbs. I have 27 lbs to go. Considering I am not freaking out over my diet, measuring everything and just intuitively eating while enjoying life, I am quite pleased. :)