Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

I'm 1 week into my 2 week liquid diet and I'M STARVING!! I don't get it?!? I've done the same thing for the last week and did ok but today my stomach keeps growling... anyone else in the same boat?

Sure, I remember that. Why is today different? Because you're human, not a machine. But here's the good news: Tomorrow is a new day! Get through today & start fresh tomorrow! Good luck!

4 hours ago, DaleCruse said:

Sure, I remember that. Why is today different? Because you're human, not a machine. But here's the good news: Tomorrow is a new day! Get through today & start fresh tomorrow! Good luck!

Today is better! I guess I naively thought that i had gotten over the hump. Thanks for the encouragement!

I too am almost one week through, but mines a three week liquid, so two more weeks to go. I had a real bad day yesterday. Stomach cramped and burned all day. I really drank up the broth and had a Oikos triple zero yogurt which is thick and filling. The warmth from the broth and the thick yogurt really helped. Like Dale said above. Just get through today.

Today has been pretty easy so far. My biggest challenge has been having to cook dinner and not get to eat. I planned menus my kids can make (their 14 - 21) , so i don't have to be in the kitchen much and plan crock pot meals I don't have to worry about either so much. this helps a lot. :) Out of site, out of mind... keep busy and the time will fly. Blessing on your journey.

2 hours ago, mama3beartn said:

I too am almost one week through, but mines a three week liquid, so two more weeks to go. I had a real bad day yesterday. Stomach cramped and burned all day. I really drank up the broth and had a Oikos triple zero yogurt which is thick and filling. The warmth from the broth and the thick yogurt really helped. Like Dale said above. Just get through today.

Today has been pretty easy so far. My biggest challenge has been having to cook dinner and not get to eat. I planned menus my kids can make (their 14 - 21) , so i don't have to be in the kitchen much and plan crock pot meals I don't have to worry about either so much. this helps a lot. :) Out of site, out of mind... keep busy and the time will fly. Blessing on your journey.

That can be tough. Luckily I only have to make one large meal for the week, and my fiance will happily eat a hearty stew for his work lunches like 5 days in a row. As for dinner, I grocery shop for food that is in his wheelhouse to cook. Then he'll cook days worth of it anyways so I only have to deal with the house smelling like delicious food for a little while. He has yet to complain about me no longer cooking dinners, it's one of the ways he knows he has to support me.

If I do for some weird reason have to cook dinner for him, I make something I find awful that he would like, ie. tuna helper, or greasy sausages and penne with marinara sauce. It feels like a chore now, rather than an enjoyable activity where I can taste, season, and sneak bites during cooking..Usually I'm more of a screw it attitude, if he wants to eat he's just going to have to cook. B)

Ugh im in the same boat! Today is literally torture . Ive been doing the pre opt diet since june 3rd my surgery is july 3rd . Im starving today !!!!! [emoji31]

Wow starting to feel really lucky I only have to do preop liquid diet for a week.

Ugh im in the same boat! Today is literally torture . Ive been doing the pre opt diet since june 3rd my surgery is july 3rd . Im starving today !!!!! [emoji31]

JUNE 3RD!!!! Wow. My surgery is also July 3rd, but I started my pre-op diet on the 17th... which was a couple days before I actually had to start. I don't eat meat, but my family does.... so cooking hasn't been that hard for me. But I have been craving certain foods so bad. Not sugars, thankfully and not meat. But today has been tough. I had my pre-op appointment, I took one Protein Shake with me. Thought it would last. But the appointment went on forever. And I'm not allowed to eat on my pre-op diet. I'm allowed sugar free Jello and popsicles, but I can't eat them. I'm hoping tomorrow will be better, since I'll be within reach of the shakes.

JUNE 3RD!!!! Wow. My surgery is also July 3rd, but I started my pre-op diet on the 17th... which was a couple days before I actually had to start. I don't eat meat, but my family does.... so cooking hasn't been that hard for me. But I have been craving certain foods so bad. Not sugars, thankfully and not meat. But today has been tough. I had my pre-op appointment, I took one Protein Shake with me. Thought it would last. But the appointment went on forever. And I'm not allowed to eat on my pre-op diet. I'm allowed sugar free Jello and popsicles, but I can't eat them. I'm hoping tomorrow will be better, since I'll be within reach of the shakes.

Yea I almost fell off the table when my doctor told me a month. When i got my lapband i only had to do 2 weeks. So i wasn't prepared for that long. And it was strict shakes 4 times a day and a bar. No light meal or anything . Im almost 20 lbs down but i cheated a few days . But which like grilled chicken and a salad. All im craving is meat. But its almost our time so im trying to stay strong !

Hmmm I'm glad to know I'm not the only one .. I have to do a 2 weeks pre-op liquid diet .. plus a 4 weeks post-op liquid diet lol ..I'm not sure I can make it for more than a month on just liquids .. hopefully I'll adjust to it After a whole, though it seemed so drAstic compared to what others have posted here in terms of time [emoji23]

Yea I almost fell off the table when my doctor told me a month. When i got my lapband i only had to do 2 weeks. So i wasn't prepared for that long. And it was strict shakes 4 times a day and a bar. No light meal or anything . Im almost 20 lbs down but i cheated a few days . But which like grilled chicken and a salad. All im craving is meat. But its almost our time so im trying to stay strong !

What kind of shakes are you taking .. if you don't mind me asking .. lol

What kind of shakes are you taking .. if you don't mind me asking .. lol

Optifast . Something about them just make me gag . It reminds me of thicker milk and i hate milk to begin with . Also it makes me so sick , the second I drink them I hear my stomach rumble and I have to run to the bathroom.

Optifast . Something about them just make me gag . It reminds me of thicker milk and i hate milk to begin with . Also it makes me so sick , the second I drink them I hear my stomach rumble and I have to run to the bathroom.

Lol my nutritionist recommended premier shakes or GNC Protein Shakes ..and apparently people speak wonders about them too .. maybe you would like those

Lol my nutritionist recommended premier shakes or GNC Protein Shakes ..and apparently people speak wonders about them too .. maybe you would like those

Yes i see alot of people drinking premier ! I want to try one before buying a whole pack like i did with the Optifast . I dropped $120 for me to hate the shakes lol i will never do that again!

I only get 5 shakes a day. But they give us a list of different shakes we could use. I have Premier Protein shakes. They aren't that bad. I don't like that they are made of milk and remind me of milk, since I don't drink milk. But they are the best ones, so I'm drinking them because I have to. If I had a month long pre-op diet, I would have cheated too. That's crazy. It blows my mind how doctors are so different in what they recommend. I was reading a thread about cheating on the diet and some only had to do 2 days!