Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

It's getting closer!

:help::clap2:

Man, I am so glad to hear that, I have also been through alot of surgeries. That's why I'm glad they bumped me so that I don't have another week to worry about it:clap2:

Hi all--

I'm new to this site. I have mostly been reading others' posts. Today I go for pre-admission testing appointments. If all goes well my surgery is scheduled for 10/22. I'm nervous and excited all at once. I've been feeling rather stressed these last few days about a number of things and I'm sure that isn't helping my mindset right now. I guess I just need some reassurance that I can get through this and I'm not alone on the journey. I'm wondering how my age (41) is going to have an impact on this. I've been overweight since I was about 10 years old. It has been a roller coaster and that's kind of how I feel emotionally right now. :eek:

Hi Welcome to Band Land. I am 46 and am a big baby when it comes to pain. had my surgery in June and they gave me a huge bottle of liquid pain killers. I still have that bottle less one teaspoon. which is what i took when i got home from the surgery. never took anymore. yes i was sore but not in pain. the worst part was the gas pressure in my collar bone. i was not ready for that. i did not even know about that. that did go away a couple of weeks later. it was all worth it and i would do it again in a minute. congrads

Hi again all! I've got two days to go! It's nice knowing your by my side (virtually) at least ! :rolleyes:

Hi Dee-Jay and All My fellow Bandsters out there:

I'm home. I'm sore, but doing ok. Got a little scared last night and called the doctor. My uvula (the dangly thing in your throat) swelled up some like when I had uvulitis one time. He said to drink something warm. I did that and gargled with salt Water too. It seems a little better now. I'm still nervous about it. I think I might call the Physician Assistant I just started seeing and ask if I should have it looked at. Dee-jay I'm a big baby when it comes to pain two. I try and tough it out best I can. I'm trying to remember to get up and walk around and not sit for too long. Getting in enough liquids is kind of a challenge right now. I'm worried about drinking too much too fast and end up not drinking enough. I've got to be on Clear Liquids yet today and can start full liquids tomorrow. Thanks for being there for me everyone! I really appreciate you all.

Hi Kimmi. i am so excited for you. i know how you feel because you dont know how you are suppose to feel. hope that made since. i am glad to hear you are staying in contact with your doctor. that is the best and then you wont second guess anything. everyday you will be feeling better. funny but as i am writing this, on the t.v. is the lap band commercial.lol. stay on your liquids and do the diet they gave you and you will be fine. good for you i am just glad you did it and now you will start feeling better congrads again. welcome to the loser's club in band land. hugs Dee-Jay

Hi Kimmi... I'm new to this forum too, but I have my band for a year now... you will probably feel a little scare at frist because you don't know what to expect, but believe me you will get better soo soon.

Hi Mom Chuy,

I was banded on 10/14. My experience was been excellent. I had no after-surgery pain. I did not take any of my pain meds. The soreness got better with each passing day until one day I realized that I was laughing and coughing like my old self again. Everyone's experience is different.

Dee-jay

Thanks again for being so supportive! I felt kind of dumb calling the doctor, but like you said I'm not sure what I'm suppose to feel. Today is better than yesterday was. Getting up and down is getting easier. I took just some liquid tylenol today when the muscles in my back seemed sore. I thought maybe I over did it a bit because I felt better earlier. I guess I just need to remember one day at a time.

Tonks:

Thanks for your support it really means a lot!

PS Did you choose your screen name because your a Harry Potter Fan? Just curious. :D

Hi All--Just an update

Surgery went well! I've had a few ups and downs along the way this week, but each day seems a little better. ;)

Hi Kimmi. hope you are feeling better and better each day. i go get amother fill tomorrow. finally have lost 15 pounds. My son actually noticed today that i was loseing weight. Whoo Hoo. talk to you again soon. Dee-Jay

Congrats Dee-Jay!!!! :clap2::whoo:

It must have felt great to have someone notice your losing! I don't have an official loss amount yet. I go back for my first post-op visit next week to have my incisions checked. I'm sure they will do a weight check too.:)

Thanks Kimmi, well its been almost 2 weeks for you. How you feeling? Is the Gas pain going away? that was the worst for me. had my fourth fill and have alot of restriction. but i can eat but very little and very slow. so now i am finally feeling that this is working for me. a month ago i did not think this was going to work for me. i learned that i have to make it work. i hope all is well on your side. Dee-Jay