Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

I'm one step away from completing my requirements for my insurance. It's seems like it be in August or early September when I will get the sleeve. I'm extremely nervous and back and forth on if this is the right decision or should I just keep struggling with losing/ gaining weight roller coaster. My fear of course is complications and the whole idea of having surgery because I've never had any surgery done before. I hope I'm not the only one with these fears.

Hey from Houston as well! Yes my mind is saying yes! I'm going to have step out on faith.

That's great! I'm glad it worked out for you. I hear you lose weight faster with the bypass, it that true?

Your Dr will decide what surgery you should get because I take medicine for bipolar so I can't have the bypass because it won't let my stomach absorb the medicines I need.

Sent from my N9519 using BariatricPal mobile app

Fort Worth! And I've gone back and forth too with whether or not I would go through with it but my surgery is scheduled for June 29th! I'm doing the pre-op liquid diet now, which I can't lie has been tough! I'm on day 4 now and weighed myself this morning and last 5 lbs in the first 3 days of the liquid diet.

Wow!.... awesome you losing already so that would be a great help when you have the surgery. Please keep us informed on your recovery! I wish you the best of luck and a speedy recovery. Hopefully I will have a date in August, once i complete everything on July 5th.

I'm from Houston too..... I was sleeved March 20th and I went from 232 to 182 so I am definitely pleased. I would have to admit that this is one of the hardest things I've ever done BUT it's worth it!
Gw:160lbs 22lbs to go......

Sent from my SM-G955U using BariatricPal mobile app

Congrats on your weight loss.... Yess.. another one from Houston! I cant wait until i have a date, i just want to get it over with lol. Do you have any issues getting all your liquids in? I hear that is hard to do after surgery.

In Corpus...so glad I did this. I don't regret this one bit. Started my journey in Jan, had my surgery in May. It was the pits having to wait, but it's good practice with eating, sipping, etc.

Answering your question to ThickGirl5683, I'm one month post now. I drink my liquids just fine. The sipping stopped about 2 weeks post. Thankfully! Still can't chug, but you can drink good. It is hard to cram the liquids and trying to get your food in for the day. It can be done though...and it gets easier every day.

Congrats on your journey hon. Be blessed!!

Edited by Newme17

hello there in Corpus, thank you for answering my question. I know its different for most people, but I just wanted to get an idea of what to expect. I hear the "chugging" is a distant memory...lol you cant ever chug after the surgery. I figured it may be hard because you can only take in so much.

Congrats on your weight loss.... Yess.. another one from Houston! I cant wait until i have a date, i just want to get it over with lol. Do you have any issues getting all your liquids in? I hear that is hard to do after surgery.

It was hard at first but I have developed a close relationship with my rtic cup. I carry it EVERYWHERE I go and it helps me drink, drink, drink.....

Sent from my SM-G955U using BariatricPal mobile app