Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Christian bandsters

Good to hear from you Jauderwood.

It's good t meet you 4giveN (catchy name, I like it):tongue2: Like I said earlier to someone, we are here to listen, help, and love you thru all of this. Isn't it exciting to know God? I felt just like all of you when I was taking the journey, deciding and praying if this was right for me. God gave me such a peace and EVERYTHING fell right into place. It has been sometimes a uphill and a valley journey but, with God's help and the love you all (including other threads on here) shown me here, never have I regreted anything.

Stay focus and Be blessed.

Hi all!!!

I am an old/newbie.... I used to use frequent this site DAILY to talk to people who had this surgery but ever since my surgery in November I have only been on here about 2 times. I feel like I am loosing touch with myself, since I am not concentrating on the changes I am going through. I am also noticing a lot of difficult things I have been dealing with since the band and I have not looked to any fellow bandsters for advice. So I have decided to come back and start again getting to know people and sharing stories.

A little about me...

I was banded on November 7th, 2007

When I started the program at my hospital I was 416lbs. At the time of surgery I weighed 383.

I am currently 362.5 as of yesterday when I went for my 2nd fill.

I have an AP Band (10-11cc) I am currently filled to 5.5 cc's

I have lost 53.5 lbs since the beginning and 20.5 since surgery 3 months ago.

My first fill was a breeze, I was so nervous for nothing, the Dr. was right in and out witht the needle hit it on the second try.

Then came yesterday.... I went in for my second fill not nervous because of how well the first one went and then he tried and tried and wasn't able to get it. He kept slipping right off the side of the port... after being stuck 4 times he sent me down to x-ray to have flourscopy done so he can see the port. He was able to get it this time on the second try!

He apologized to me repeatedly because he said the port is in the perfect spot...doesn't know why he couldn't get it.

So now today...I am still feeling a little sore and sick from yesterday but starting to feel better!

Well enough rambling on for now. I hope all of you are having a blessed day and I will talk to you soon!:thumbup:

welcome back smilin-apple!!!!

This site has been a God send for me. I do have to control how much I'm on here so I can get other stuff done but I LOVE the support I get here!!!

You have done great for your first two months!!! It's hard because of the lack of restriction but you have done amazing :thumbup:

{{hugs}} and prayers

wombat

Hey Smilin Apple. What an ordeal with that second fill! But, as you can see from your first one, each fill can be totally different. Now I'm curious as to what #3 will be like. You've done really good on the weight loss. You're down almost 50 pounds! And, good morning to all of you here at the site. It is supposed to be a beautiful day today, going to enjoy it!

Hi all!!!

I am an old/newbie.... I used to use frequent this site DAILY to talk to people who had this surgery but ever since my surgery in November I have only been on here about 2 times. I feel like I am loosing touch with myself, since I am not concentrating on the changes I am going through. I am also noticing a lot of difficult things I have been dealing with since the band and I have not looked to any fellow bandsters for advice. So I have decided to come back and start again getting to know people and sharing stories.

A little about me...

I was banded on November 7th, 2007

When I started the program at my hospital I was 416lbs. At the time of surgery I weighed 383.

I am currently 362.5 as of yesterday when I went for my 2nd fill.

I have an AP Band (10-11cc) I am currently filled to 5.5 cc's

I have lost 53.5 lbs since the beginning and 20.5 since surgery 3 months ago.

My first fill was a breeze, I was so nervous for nothing, the Dr. was right in and out witht the needle hit it on the second try.

Then came yesterday.... I went in for my second fill not nervous because of how well the first one went and then he tried and tried and wasn't able to get it. He kept slipping right off the side of the port... after being stuck 4 times he sent me down to x-ray to have flourscopy done so he can see the port. He was able to get it this time on the second try!

He apologized to me repeatedly because he said the port is in the perfect spot...doesn't know why he couldn't get it.

So now today...I am still feeling a little sore and sick from yesterday but starting to feel better!

Well enough rambling on for now. I hope all of you are having a blessed day and I will talk to you soon!:thumbdown:

Good to see you back!! Sounds like you're making great progress!

I don't know you yet SmilinApple but I'm glad you are back so we can get aquainted. Where are you from? I'm from snowy Wi.

I am soooo happy to have found this thread!!! I have not yet been banded. I have been just gathering info. and praying for wisdom! I love the spiritual insight you guys have been giving as I read the different posts!!! I had been sort of flip flopping trying to decide if this is what I should do before I found this thread!!

I was feeling like if I get the LBS, I would not be honoring GOD I should just be able to exercise and have self-control! Now I realize this surgery is just another tool!

It's kinda like when I had my son my friend asked me if I felt bad/less spiritual that I had a C-Section. I told her "NO" that I was thankful that GOD had allowed man the insight to know how to get babies out another way! I told her that if I lived in the past before C-sections I probably would have died in childbirth like so many other women back then. I am going to look at this LBS in the same way. God has provided another way for me to be healthy and I am going to be thankful and take it!!

Pray for me in this journey of insurance approval, selecting a doctor etc.

Blessings to you all, I look forward to hearing,sharing with my family in Christ!

Welcome stilljackson. Yes, God provides many things for us. So, are you covered on insurance or self pay? I know when I found out my insurance would pay, I thanked God for providing a way for me to finally get some of my weight off!

Hi candy,

Thanks for responding! My insurance does cover it. I have to have a BMI over 40 (40), have documented proof I've been trying to lose for 1 year (have been trying to lose for 25 years LOL), a Psy. Eval.(have never had one what's up with that?) and have a $1000 co-pay ( Phil. 4:19) So, just believing GOD that I will be approved within a reasonable amount of time with no drama/appeals etc.! I live in MIchigan and have Health Alliance Plan.

Peace & Blessings!

welcome Stilljackson!!!! I pray that God will open all the doors for you to move this process along.

This group is very supportive, caring and spiritual! Know that you are being prayed for :thumbdown:

hugs and prayers

wombat

Welcome Stilljackson!!

HEY EVERYONE!!!

I finally made it to under 250 lbs and now am only Obese (I never thought that word would tickle me). Praise God from whom all blessings flow. God is able and he won't fail!! I hope everyone have a blessed day and wonderful SUNDAY in their place of worship!!

I don't know you yet SmilinApple but I'm glad you are back so we can get aquainted. Where are you from? I'm from snowy Wi.

I am from CA...nice to meet you!

Good to see you back!! Sounds like you're making great progress!

Thank you! How have you been lately?

And to stilljackson....

I went through a similar program through my insurance company and I thought at first I would never make it to the surgery day and I did; yes it took me a year but I thank God it did, because I was able to get a better respect for the "tool" I was acquiring. I am not the same as everyone else and so I am only speaking for myself but I can say that looking back now if I had just gone and done the self-pay route and had my surgery in a month or so like they offer it. I would not have understood nor would I have appreciated it as much as I do.

I know it seems silly all the stuff they put you through but they just want everyone to understand that this is only a tool and we still need to work at it.

My insurance company had me do a "Psych Eval" - this is how they determined what help I might need after the surgery if any; I only had to do one appt. with the Psychiatrist. I had to meet one on one with a Nutritionist as well.

They also asked me for information on how I tried to lose the weight in the past. All I had to do was document it all for them ( not sure what yours expects). I attended a monthly support group which was wonderful too; I made friends through it.

Some people in the program had their surgery in as little as 3 months but for me it took almost 1 year to the date. My orientation class was on November 14th 2006 and my surgery was on November 7th 2007.

I truly thought many times along the way that this was way too much...but I persevered through it with God and I made it!

I know you can too!!! Just keep praying on it and always keep in mind that there are many people out here praying for you as well.

May God bless you in what ever decision you make!

Good morning all,

Nice to have you back Smilin_Apple and you are doing great on the weight loss. Congratulation!!!

Nice to meet you, StillJackson. You will find here lots of support and encouragment and of course much love and prayer. :)

Hope everyone had a blessed weekend. It was so beautiful here in Tx. Had wall to wall sunshine in the 70's. Today it's in the 50's, but that's how it is here, I won't complain cause God is in control no matter what and I am thankful to be alive.

How about we start a "I'm thankful for......" day. Every morning we state what we are thankful for.

I am thankful for my best friend Jessie's health, she has been sick for quite some time and today she's feeling much better.:eek:

I am thankful for my DH. We have been through the wringer, especially before he became a Christian 7 years ago.

I could not be happier or more in love with the man God gave to me. (try telling me that 8 years ago - lol).

God is good and I am thankful every day for the blessings He has given me.

wombat

I am thankful for a healthy family. My husband of 25 years and I have five kids ages 24, 23, 19, 13, and 11 and three grandchildren ages 2 1/2, 11 months, and 10 months. They are so wonderful!

Where is everyone from? I saw 2bmeagain is from Texas. I'm in Kansas and let me tell you, it is COLD here today! :smile2:

I hope to have my surgery date set within the next couple of days. I'm anxious to find out when it will be.