Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Regrets and anxiety

Hello everyone

I am 18 month post op and if many of you have heard my stories will understand that I been through a lot since I had Surgury. Unfortunately I have had many complications and recently I was put on TPN which is iv nutrition for the second time. The reason I had gastric bypass was because I had severe erosion in my esophagus and had esophagitis and my surgeon told me that I could develop esophagus cancer. I was also overweight for my height. I am 4"11 and I was 189 pounds before Surgury. I would aspirate in my sleep and had the worse reflux ever. Now I have been very depress and feel so much regret since I lost so much weight. The surgeon is trying to figure out why is it that I keep losing and can't gain weight on my own. Last week I was 90 pounds and since on TPN I have gained 6 pounds. I am 96 pounds now. I was advice to see someone for Theapy but I want to be able to move on normally. Has anyone experience depression or regrets? Also I have had so many Surgury and never was able to fully workout and now I see sagging skin on my legs, arms and belly and feel more depress. I don't want to have more Surgury but I am trying to deal with all these emotions. Any suggestions will be appreciated. I am very Down and feel hopeless of life. I get teary and guilt is to much to handle. Thanks for reading my post and looking forward to hearing what you all think or advice.

Hi there. I hope you're feeling better. I read your post and could feel your anxiety. I suggest you take their advice to heart and talk to a therapist. I've had depression most of my life and I'm pre op right now with surgery due most likely in August. With having depression for so long, I know how to help myself and I do see my therapist. Believe me it helps a lot. You may need to take an anti-depressant to get you over this hump. I wish you well and will say prayers for you! I send healing and joyful thoughts. Blessings and Peace--

Wow, 6 pounds already! You are doing great! (Bet they are milkshakes in your IV! 😜 )

You have had a tough go of it, for sure. Talking to someone isn't a bad idea.. Let some of the pressure out...

(Hugs) Just take everything one day at a time, and be kind to yourself. Get a massage or your nails done. Rent a movie. Enjoy some sunshine and fresh air.

You are strong. You just have to hold on, ride out this tough patch, and one day soon you'll be sorted out and back to living the easy life. If it requires another surgery, you'll do just fine with that too. I have faith in you! Your journey has had lots of steep mountains to climb, but you've come this far, and climbed that many. What is one or two more?

So happy your tpn is doing such a good job for you!