Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Vitamins and Proteins... what are your go-to's?

Bariatric Advantage is my go to for Multi Vitamins and Calcium, BariMelts is my preference for the others as they melt in your mouth. Amazon is the best place for the barimelts. Also I buy children's omega-3 gummies bc I'm limited on what I can take for those. Personally I added Biotin as well!!!

I got my Vitamins through my surgeon. She called them into nutrition direct. $25 and I get them all delivered to my house once a month. Super easy. The Protein Shakes I use is the Premier Protein chocolate, vanilla and caramel. I also got the Syntrax Nectar Fuzzy Navel (I tried the grape and the caribbean cooler and the fuzzy navel was the best to me). I didn't notice a change in my taste. I had used the pure Protein banana cream and still don't have an issue with the taste. It's the thickness I couldn't deal with. I'm 6 weeks post op and may try it again and see how it is.

It is common for your taste buds to change after surgery. So you may want to hold off until after surgery and be willing to experiment. For me I found the Muscle Milk Light (Vanilla Creme) powder blended in Water with a half a banana worked best. But everyone's taste is different.

I take Centrum Silver chewables (or the CVS equivalent, which goes on sale all the time).

for Protein, you're bound to get 100 different answers on this because people's tastes are so different. I like most of the Unjury and Syntrax powders. Your best bet is to get a bunch of samples (even if you have to pay for them, which you usually do) and start trying them *after* surgery. That way you won't get stuck with a $40 tub of something you hate.

Do you order your Vitamins directly from the company?

My Bariatric Advantage does come directly from the company, the barimelts I get from amazon

I like the Unjury unflavored Protein because I can pack a lot of protein into my yogurt and it doesn't throw off the taste (I just do half a scoop). Pre surgery I loved GNC's optimum nutrition platinum hydro whey, but right now that's too much for my stomach to handle so I'm liking the EAS advantage premixed shakes, because I can have half then put the rest in the fridge if I'm not able to drink it all at once. I don't love the Premier Protein shakes but they seem really popular on the boards.

For Vitamins, I like the Celebrate chewable with Iron, but wish I didn't have to have 2 as the serving size.

I don't think its a good idea to buy ahead of time, what you like today may not taste well after surgery. So only buy for the current needs and Good Luck!! for the surgery...

I use Nutrition Direct, too. I get a B12 nasal spray, Multivitamin, Calcium and Iron delivered to my door for just $25 a month. Can't beat the price or the convenience! You can get them in chewable or capsule form. I used chewables for the first few months, but am switching to the capsules next time.

42 minutes ago, jhope71 said:

I use Nutrition Direct, too. I get a B12 nasal spray, multivitamin, Calcium and Iron delivered to my door for just $25 a month. Can't beat the price or the convenience! You can get them in chewable or capsule form. I used chewables for the first few months, but am switching to the capsules next time.

How do you sign up for Nutrition Direct?

1 hour ago, Pistol_Annie said:

How do you sign up for Nutrition Direct?

It has to be by prescription from your doctor. Your doctor's office will send in the prescription and your contact info, then they'll contact you to set up the rest. (Shoulda mentioned the prescription part in my first reply. Sorry for the confusion!) I think it's part of a deal with the nasal spray, which is called Nascobal.

Sample some first. Some are HORRIBLE . All tastebuds are different too. I like Bariatric Fusion chews berry flavor, but I know people who gagged when trying them. I got mine on Amazon after sampling them at my NUT appointment.

Sent from my SM-J327P using BariatricPal mobile app