Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Hi All-

juu wondering if any of you could tell me about the complications you had from the surgery? Or if any of you regret having the surgery and why?

Thanks

I was sleeved on May 24 and have no regrets! After 45 years of struggling with my weight, I finally feel like I've been granted a wonderful gift! I am so anxious to be on the road to a new me!

I've wondered the same thing & complications seem to be rare. Mines the 30th & I'm hopeful it will be smooth sailing!

I'm almost 3 months out and I've not had any complications. Everything went as my surgeon and nutritionist said it would. I don't have any regrets at all.

No complications... sometimes I wonder if I even had it done but the small incisions let me know it happened LOL

Sleeved on the 18th... I am either having serious painful gas pains that are just showing up (I didn't have any right after surgery) or a possible leak. I'm burping a lot so I'm hoping that it's just gas but the realist in me says this is probably more than gas. I'm going to each out to my doctor

I burped a lot within the first couple weeks but I don't any more... it just went away

45 minutes ago, AK_Bookworm said:

Sleeved on the 18th... I am either having serious painful gas pains that are just showing up (I didn't have any right after surgery) or a possible leak. I'm burping a lot so I'm hoping that it's just gas but the realist in me says this is probably more than gas. I'm going to each out to my doctor

I burped a lot and I still do. I think it is easy to swallow air with our sleeves. Pain can happen if we eat too much or too fast. I hope all you have is gas.

52 minutes ago, Apple1 said:

I burped a lot and I still do. I think it is easy to swallow air with our sleeves. Pain can happen if we eat too much or too fast. I hope all you have is gas.

Me too! I don't know if I'm just scaring myself or I really have symptoms of a leak... the pain/pressure under my ribs is intense and radiates to my left shoulder... I start walking when this happens and I have massive burps come out but the pain doesn't immediately subside. It's not a constant pain though... sometimes it feels like Fluid is coming from my drain incision. I'm a bit worried but trying not to rush immediately to the ER just because I'm not sure what they will do since my surgery was done in Mexico and I'd hate to go in and it only be gas pains. It started last night after I over ate (I didn't need the Soup I ate but I ate it anyway) and after some walking it went away. Today it started after about 15 mins of walking in the mall and would go away when I sat down but it's been prettt consistent on and off since then. I just ate some more soup since I haven't really ate today and feel a bit better and the burps are coming.

1 hour ago, AK_Bookworm said:

Me too! I don't know if I'm just scaring myself or I really have symptoms of a leak... the pain/pressure under my ribs is intense and radiates to my left shoulder... I start walking when this happens and I have massive burps come out but the pain doesn't immediately subside. It's not a constant pain though... sometimes it feels like Fluid is coming from my drain incision. I'm a bit worried but trying not to rush immediately to the ER just because I'm not sure what they will do since my surgery was done in Mexico and I'd hate to go in and it only be gas pains. It started last night after I over ate (I didn't need the Soup I ate but I ate it anyway) and after some walking it went away. Today it started after about 15 mins of walking in the mall and would go away when I sat down but it's been prettt consistent on and off since then. I just ate some more soup since I haven't really ate today and feel a bit better and the burps are coming.

It sounds like classic gas symptoms to me. Make sure you eat slowly and try not to eat more than 3-4 ounces. I am measuring my food because I suck at estimating.

It sounds like classic gas symptoms to me. Make sure you eat slowly and try not to eat more than 3-4 ounces. I am measuring my food because I suck at estimating.

I definitely need to start measuring. I think that will help. I'm crying right now because I'm so scared it's a leak but I really think it's just gas. I eat really fast too so I'm going to start timing my bites to help. Thank you for easing my mind... I figured it was gas but there's always this worry in my leak that it is more than that.