Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Im always tired and weak. (12 days since surgery)

Thanks Joann454. I'm not sure how many calories but I'd be surprised if it's any higher than 400. Thank God I have 6 weeks off work, there's no way I could work. Typically been eating 2 Premiere Protein Shakes, a cup of chicken broth, a popsicle here and there and a high Protein cream of chicken Soup mix I ordered off Amazon. 15 grams per serving. And Water. That's about it. 8 days out today. We have a 2 story house so I go up and down stairs but even that wipes me out.

That is all your to be taken in right now.. You need time for your stomach to heal. Right now the main focus at this stage is just getting your body the Proteins it needs.. 60-70grams..you will slowly build your calorie intake with each new level...

3 hours ago, Karcares said:

I'm getting my Protein in - 60 grams per day, but I am still exhausted. I'm 8 days out and really feeling desperate. It takes me an hour and a half in the morning to shower and blow dry because I get so weak I have to sit down over and over. I'm so glad I bought a bench for the bathroom before the surgery. I have to sit down to blow dry. Everyone talks about Protein but what about CALORIES? I've looked over all the paperwork the nutritionist gave me and there is nothing in there about calories. 2 Premiere Protein Shakes are 60 grams of protein- super. But they are also only 160 calories for a total of 320. What are you all eating besides protein shakes for calories? And how many calories do I need daily? I'm not so much sleepy tired as just plain exhausted

HI - how much Fluid are you getting? the kind of weakness you are describing can be from dehydration. Fluids are your number one priority right after surgery. I got dehydrated in my second week post-op and felt exactly like what you described - I couldn't get through a task without having to sit down. I wound up getting an IV in the doctors office at my next visit.

Thanks Joann454. I'm not sure how many calories but I'd be surprised if it's any higher than 400. Thank God I have 6 weeks off work, there's no way I could work. Typically been eating 2 Premiere Protein Shakes, a cup of chicken broth, a popsicle here and there and a high Protein cream of chicken Soup mix I ordered off Amazon. 15 grams per serving. And Water. That's about it. 8 days out today. We have a 2 story house so I go up and down stairs but even that wipes me out.

It takes time to heal! I could not even think about washing my hair I was too weak! I went to the salon and got mine done! Sip on your water all through the day and check your Vitamins they may not be enough in them! You may have to double them and take it one day at a time your body has gone through a shocking experience! Heal slow! To live long !

Karcares doing the math in my head your calories sound about like mine. This is the start of my second week and I've bumped my calories up to around 550 with the addition on Tomato Soup and halo top ice cream.
I'd definitely be calling and letting them know how you feel. I hope you feel better!