Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Hi

I've posted a few times since my surgery sharing how I've struggled and not how I haven't been able to eat. I have undergone numerous tests to rule out other issues. Well after seeing my surgeon on Wednesday he has advised me the only course of action now is to revert to a Roux-en-Y now. So now it's just waiting for a new surgery date.

I'm looking forward to a better healing process and getting my life back on track.

Have a wonderful weekend everyone.

Hi
I've posted a few times since my surgery sharing how I've struggled and not how I haven't been able to eat. I have undergone numerous tests to rule out other issues. Well after seeing my surgeon on Wednesday he has advised me the only course of action now is to revert to a Roux-en-Y now. So now it's just waiting for a new surgery date.
I'm looking forward to a better healing process and getting my life back on track.
Have a wonderful weekend everyone.

Please keep us updated. I might have to have the same procedure

Sent from my XT1650 using BariatricPal mobile app

Surgery date is schedule for August 28th. I am on a cancellation list but my surgeon is now on vacation and his first day back is the 28th of August which I think will be a good thing he will be relaxed and ready to concur the world lol.

Surgery date is schedule for August 28th. I am on a cancellation list but my surgeon is now on vacation and his first day back is the 28th of August which I think will be a good thing he will be relaxed and ready to concur the world lol.

I'm being sleeved on 8/30!

I'm going for a sleeve to bypass conversion on August 18th!

Sent from my SM-N920V using Tapatalk

• Wow that is great news I'm very happy for you! I look forward to sharing our positive healing process! I'll be 10 days after you :D

Hi

Just checking in to see how you are doing! Hope all is going much better for you. I'm 6 days out. getting a little anxious!

Tammy

I think I am healed. Going to doc tomorrow hopefully getting PIC line removed Thursday. How are you doing?

Hi dear!

LOL I share so much with you and don't even know your name ? My name is Tammy.

Checking in to see how you are doing and give you an update since my surgery on the 28th of August from Sleeve to RNY.

Well the surgery definitely fixed my initial problem of not being able to eat without feeling nauseous and a heavy feeling on my chest. It was immediate from the first drink of Water I took. It was an amazing feeling to feel 'normal' when I drank. That's the good part of the story!

I stayed overnight in the hospital of course the surgeon came in on the Tuesday and saw my heart rate was elevated and fever and I was in excruciating pain in my stomach which I thought was from all of the work he had to do on my bowels. He repaired over 250cm of bowel from adhesion's. They were keeping a close eye on me throughout the day but then my heart rate jumped to 160 and he rushed me into a CT scan - the surgeon literally pushed me on the gurney down to the CTscan himself because he couldn't wait for a porter he was that concerned. Rightfully so as the scan showed he perforated my bowels. So then I was rushed into emergency surgery.

From this my heart didn't go down or my fever and my white blood cell count wouldn't come down they had me on antibiotics. so then they sent me to radiology and put a picc line in. then they sent me for another CT scan and saw a large abscess on my pelvic which was causing extreme pressure on my bladder and bowels causing pain of course.

so back in for a small surgery for them to put in a drain to this abscess but they couldn't go through my stomach because of everything there and fear of perforating bowel again. So they went in from my backside literally at my bum just a 1/2 inch from my bum crack it was so uncomfortable and painful but it needed to be so the abscess could drain.

so then my whiteblood cell would go up and then down. they kept trying to take me off iv antibiotics but the infections were to strong and the oral antibiotics wasn't working.

Then one of my incisions became infected just over my belly button. The surgeon came by looked at it because i mentioned it was a little sore and hard and red and he immediately lanced the wound and of course the stuff that came out was horrible and it just kept draining out and it was very deep. then they became concerned that it was so large that it may be going to the bowel and some of the discharge might be bile. So then they took me off all foods again and only iv nutrition until the ruled it to be ok. So after almost 3 weeks in the hospital they have sent me home with nursing care on a daily basis to pack my wound and drain out my tube.

I'm still only eating pureed food as directed my surgeon and nutritionist. I really feel my bowels aching when it is digesting my food.

i'm super tired now and need to take a break.

i really hope you are doing well!

Tammy

Tammy, oh my goodness. I am so sorry you have had to go through all of that. I hope that they have sent you home with nursing care is a sign that you are in recovery and doing better. I wish you all the best and smooth sailing from here.

Oh Tammy, you have been on a rough road!! So sorry for your pain and complications. I hope you are on your way to healing now, be careful and keep us posted.