Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Menstrual cycle changes

I have the mirena and I have two HEAVY periods EVERY month since surgery, 12/13/16. I've been told it's because your fat stores hormones and when you start losing, the stored hormones in the fat flood into your bloodstream, causing the excess and heavy periods, along with a myriad of other symptoms (acne, growing hair, etc). I've been told that over time, your body will balance itself out.... just no telling when that will be because everyone is different. Hang in there! Hugs! [emoji847]

Wow. The body is so crazy!

My tubes are tied so I'm not on any birth control currently but my periods have been hell over the last 5 months. I have always had periods but after a D&C last April they had regulated pretty well. Then the VSG happened and woah they are weeks long and heavy. My OBGYN suggested I get the mirena to help regulate so I hope it works. I'm supposed to get it with my next cycle. The only other option is an Ablation.

I was on Nuvaring at the time of my surgery. I started bleeding March 6th. Surgery on march 30. Didn't stop bleeding until April 13th. Spotted for a while and got mirena on April 21. Spot stopped. It's June 1st and I haven't had a period yet. Not sure I'm I'm happy or sad about that...

I was wonderig what's going on! I've had a mirena since new years this year, had gradually improving spotting for the first two months, and since then I had only light spotting at the time of my period. 2 days after surgery my period came back, did my string check. It was lighter than my periods were prior to getting the mirena, but still heavy enough for pads and lasted 3 days. Then it went away for two days. Then it came back for three days. Ugh.. I think I need to actually buy a full pack of pads. Haven't had to do that in a while <_<

Mirena was inserted April 1 2016 surgery June 30 2017 got my period July 1 and it has yet to go away. I hope it stops soon daily tampons are making me sore and pads and I just don't want to work.

Sent from my XT1585 using BariatricPal mobile app

Also makes sticking to the diet so much harder. And makes exercising difficult with the damn incessant cramping. Bout to go see my gyno to see if there's anything I can do.

Sent from my XT1585 using BariatricPal mobile app

I don't have Mirena but I do have the one in the arm. I hadn't had a period in a while which is an advantage to the BC in the arm. But I got my period 2 days post op, last 7 days. Then at 2 weeks post up it came again and was very heavy. I was thinking it was because of all the body changes and of course stress.

All was well for me up to about 2 months ago. Now I just had my first cycle in 8 weeks and it seems it only lasted 3 days. I'm about to go to the GYN cause of it. I mean, I know it's from the surgery but I had several people die from ovarian cancer in my family so now I have to get it check. Ugh!