Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

May 24. Any surgery buddies??

My surgery was moved up from the 26th to the 24th. I'm doing this alone - taking a bus to the hospital and being picked up by my husband 3 days later.

Anyone else out there have this date??

HW: 328 (02/21/17)

CW: 275 (preop 53# disowned)

ME! I'm having gastric bypass on May 24th also! :) The jitters are starting to kick in.

ME! I'm having gastric bypass on May 24th also! [emoji4] The jitters are starting to kick in.

Yay! My jitters are being weird. It's like they're defective lol. I'm more disappointed in feeling like this is my last hope and knowing I'll be doing it on my own. Not nervous about surgery yet. Though I am anxious to get on my way.

HW: 328 (02/21/17)
CW: 275 (preop 53# disowned)

I had mine on May 8th but I'd still love to be buddies!

How is everyone feeling now? I took a dose of pain meds for the first time since the day I came home from surgery last night. I very much over did my walking and chores yesterday and couldn't get comfortable last night. I also had my first experience with dumping by eating two baby spoon bites of sf Jello congealed in sf Gelatin pudding. It was odd and I think I might have just not chewed well enough. Took a good hour and a half to get out of bed after the start of dumping put me there. Now I want nothing to do with that jello even though it was most likely my fault lol

Today was my first day withOUT prescription pain meds. Had 1000 mg of Tylenol this afternoon because my incisions have become really sore, and for the gas pain. Saturday -Monday were hell. I was sooooooooooo HUNGRY. Yet, I could not drink Protein Shakes without feeling bloated and on the verge of throwing up from fullness. I'm on a full liquid diet....but yesterday was my breaking point. I bought some chicken salad and pureed it in a food processor. Two tablespoons later and I felt so sated. Im back to Protein shakes and Water today but there's comfort in knowing i can lick a little chicken salad puree off a spoon and feel semi-normal again. My energy level increased significantly too. I return to work on Monday, but I worked a few hours on a project I needed to turn in by the 31st. Now that it's completely, I feel less stressed to 'feel better'.

I can't wait to be able to EAT again. Mainly, because of the social aspect. My manager's last day in my department was today, and there was a 'goodbye dinner'. I didn't go, obviously. I'm sad that I missed it. Also, I really miss meeting my mom and friends for lunch or dinner. Starting to get cabin fever from being in this house from Thurs-now. It's gotten to the point where I'm almost looking forward to returning to work. lol

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

• Trending Products

• Trending Topics

• Recent Status Updates

• BeanitoDiego

I've hit a stall 9 months out. I'm not worried, though. My fitness levels continue to improve and I have nearly accomplished my pre-surgery goal of learning to scuba dive! One dive left to complete to get my PADI card 🐠
      I was able to go for a 10K/6mile hike in the mountains two days ago just for the fun of it. In the before days, I might have attempted this, but it would have taken me 7 or 8 hours to complete and I would have been exhausted and in pain for the next two days. Taking my time with breaks for snacks and water, I was finished with my wee jaunt in only 4 hours 😎 and really got to enjoy photographing some insects, fungi, and turtles.
      Just for fun last week, I ran two 5Ks in two days, something I would have never done in the past! Next goal is a 10K before the end of this month.
      · 0 replies
      1. This update has no replies.
    • Teriesa

Hi everyone, I wrote back in May about having no strength. I still get totally exhausted just walking from room to room, it’s so bad I’m using a walker with wheels of all things. I had the gastric sleeve Jan. 24th. I’m doing exactly what the programs says, except protein shakes. I have different meats and protein bars daily, including vitamins daily. I do drink my fluids as well.  I go in for IV hydration 4 days a week and feel ok just til evening.  So far as of Jan 1st I’ve dropped 76 lbs. I just want to enjoy the weight lose. Any suggestions or has anyone else gone thru this??  Doctor says just increase calorie intake, still the same. 
      · 0 replies
    • Stone Art By SKL

Decorative Wall Cladding & Panels | Stone Art By SKL
      Elevate your space with Stone Art By SKL's decorative wall claddings & panels. Explore premium designs for timeless elegance.
      · 0 replies
    • Clueless_girl

Losing my hair in clumps and still dealing with "stomach" issues from gallbladder removal surgery. On the positive side I'm doing better about meeting protein and water goals and taking my vitamins, so yay? 🤷‍♀️
      · 0 replies
    • BeanitoDiego

I've hit a stall 9 months out. I'm not worried, though. My fitness levels continue to improve and I have nearly accomplished my pre-surgery goal of learning to scuba dive! One dive left to complete to get my PADI card 🐠
      I was able to go for a 10K/6mile hike in the mountains two days ago just for the fun of it. In the before days, I might have attempted this, but it would have taken me 7 or 8 hours to complete and I would have been exhausted and in pain for the next two days. Taking my time with breaks for snacks and water, I was finished with my wee jaunt in only 4 hours 😎 and really got to enjoy photographing some insects, fungi, and turtles.
      · 1 reply
      1. BabySpoons

Amazing! Congrats!!! Watch out for the sharks. 🦈

• Recent Topics

• Hot Products

Our Newsletter

Follow us for the latest news
    and special product offers!
  • Together, we have lost...
      lbs

PatchAid Vitamin Patches