Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Looking for a sleeve buddy!

Hey There!

I am full of all these emotions as my surgery approaches on May 25th! I'm nervous, excited, second guessing my decision, but I know that it is all going to be worth it!!

I'm 24 and I just couldn't seem to stop the weight gain. Diets made me hate myself and I would do great then soon fall off the wagon. I've tried it all from the "celebrity diets" to working with a nutritionist. Until I came across this surgery and that's when it all came together.

I have met so many wonderful people along the way so far and I am looking for someone who can be my buddy on this journey

Looking forward to this new beginning!

:) welcome

[emoji4] welcome

Thank you! I'm pumped to meet people who actually understand what many others can't!

Yes this community keeps me sain, lol! So many will NEVER get what we go through and the struggles of excessive weight

Looking forward to following your journey [emoji11]

Sent from my SM-G955U using BariatricPal mobile app

Yes this community keeps me sain, lol! So many will NEVER get what we go through and the struggles of excessive weight

I agree 100% I haven't shared that I am getting the surgery with anyone but my parents and sister. I have heard some of the most rude things when people hear about someone getting the surgery. I know many people out there only say things like that out of lack of education about it. But I know myself "Not Today!" [emoji23][emoji23]

I have been reading people's posts and it has been so calming and I wish I would've joined sooner!

When is your surgery date? Or if you have had it already?

Definitely!! When is your big day? [emoji16]

July 14th!! I'm so so excited!!

Sent from my SM-G955U using BariatricPal mobile app

My sleeve is scheduled for May 30 and I'm also here to benefit from the shared experience and knowledge of this group. How has the pre-op phase of your diet gone? I'm on Day 6 of 14 and surviving. :) But I have noticed my brain's not working so great....I'm in a fog from the calorie restriction. One hour at a time...

My sleeve is scheduled for May 30 and I'm also here to benefit from the shared experience and knowledge of this group. How has the pre-op phase of your diet gone? I'm on Day 6 of 14 and surviving. [emoji4] But I have noticed my brain's not working so great....I'm in a fog from the calorie restriction. One hour at a time...

Same! I'm not fun to be around at this time lol. Unfortunately I am super bloated (it's that time) and I haven't seen the scale move which is a bummer but soon it will happen!! How was your process up until now? Mine took 6 months but I can't believe it's already over

Hi I was really scared I couldn't do the pre-op either but got through just great [emoji1] I brought to boil a big pot of beef bones and skimmed off the dark stuff,turned the burner down to low and let it simmer for 24 hours, added a large onion,three large carrots, three large celery sticks, three large bay,1 tablespoon of pepper corns and some organic beef bouillon,the kind that's in a jar
It was very good. I had my surgery on April 24/17

Hi I was really scared I couldn't do the pre-op either but got through just great [emoji1] I brought to boil a big pot of beef bones and skimmed off the dark stuff,turned the burner down to low and let it simmer for 24 hours, added a large onion,three large carrots, three large celery sticks, three large bay,1 tablespoon of pepper corns and some organic beef bouillon,the kind that's in a jar

It was very good. I had my surgery on April 24/17

That's awesome! Any advice for a newbie? For after the surgery I know that some people experience pain from gas and other from the stitches. Of course everyone is different. I know I'm going to have a difficult time with the drinking I love to chug my Water or my water bottle comes with a straw but I've been trying to drink slower.

18 hours ago, 2_tee said:

Same! I'm not fun to be around at this time lol. Unfortunately I am super bloated (it's that time) and I haven't seen the scale move which is a bummer but soon it will happen!! How was your process up until now? Mine took 6 months but I can't believe it's already over

I'm just hoping to make it through the next 7 days without being charged with a violent felony. I'm soooo irritible right now. This has been a six-month process for me as well -- my first appointment was in late November. I will be relieved to have the surgery behind me, since it's felt like my whole life has revolved around "the day" for six months now. Otherwise, the process has gone smoothly.

I'm just hoping to make it through the next 7 days without being charged with a violent felony. I'm soooo irritible right now. This has been a six-month process for me as well -- my first appointment was in late November. I will be relieved to have the surgery behind me, since it's felt like my whole life has revolved around "the day" for six months now. Otherwise, the process has gone smoothly.

Yeah I'm so over it, people at work keep bringing in good and chocolates. Which I don't mind but can we put it further away lol. Im glad the process is over I'm so tired of doctors at this point. I'm not excited about the pain that will come the first week after the surgery, I feel like that would make me just hate everyone. But once it's over and those lbs drop I'll start giving people a second chance [emoji23][emoji23][emoji23].