Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Uk Sleevers Pre-Op or Post Op looking for buddies.

Hi Leanne.
I'm in the UK too. I live in the north east but having my surgery in Derby.
All a bit real now. Hope you're getting on ok x

Hello Tigger

Finally I got to chat with someone from the U.K ha ha.

When have you got your surgery date? and what will be your pre-op diet?

Thanks for your reply
Leanne

Surgery is on Thursday (11th). I'm having conversion from band to a sleeve.
My pre op diet has been low cal, low carb, high Protein. I've not been doing well at it I don't think. Found it really tough. I've just tried to keep protein up. Reduce carbs and avoid naughty stuff. Concerted effort needed for next few days.

Hope you hear soon about your surgery. Is it NHS?

Sent from my SM-A520F using BariatricPal mobile app

Hello Leanne

I'm Gill from South Wales. I'm due to have my op on the 22nd, getting really nervous now as its so close.

I'm a bit concerned as everyone seems to have been told to do a pre op diet, but my surgeon said he found it unnecessary as it made very little difference....beginning to have my doubts as I've had no pre assessments or support at all from them apart from the initial consultation, and a letter and phone call confining my operation date.

I'm beginning to wonder if when I get there will it a guy with a carving knife and needle and cotton, and a sledge hammer....😕:huh:

Edited by Welshcakes
Typo

Hi Leanne,

How are you doing? I'm in Essex too and had my sleeve on 12/11/2013. Lost 8st 6 pounds so far.

Cathy

I have my consultation tomorrow with the surgeon, eek!

Scared that I may have put on a couple of pounds which might go against me?

I am in West Yorkshire...

Hi all i had my sleeve 4th july would love a buddy , pre or post op dont mind answering any questions from pre op people :)

On 12/07/2017 at 9:52 PM, Alison Murray said:

I have my consultation tomorrow with the surgeon, eek!

Scared that I may have put on a couple of pounds which might go against me?

I am in West Yorkshire...

You have put weight on? i have not read post, are you on pre op diet? are you on your lady month that can cause retention or have you been eating to much?

I have been eating too much of course! I went to see him and he has now put me on the waiting list and says I have been granted funding. They aim to do the surgery within 18 weeks he said but he also thinks it will be a lot sooner. I went to see the dietician again and she showed me the pre op diet. I think I might be able to do it but it will take a lot of will power!

How did you do on the preop?

Would love to get a reply to my posts - any post! I'm one week post op and would love to talk to people in a similar situation.

Hello Alison

I expect by the time it has taken me to reply to you that you could have had your surgery.
Where did you have your surgery and what was your pre op diet and how are you now.
I am still waiting for my surgery date

Leanne