Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Anyone from Houma or Gray?? I was just banded on 9/19/07 by Dr. Richardson at Ochsner. Had my two week checkup today. Everything good so far...haven't had problems thus far. Just wondering how everyone else is adjusting to being banded. I don't have much restriction right now so I'm really having to watch how much I eat. I need to start exercising more so I joined our YMCA. The one thing I always had problems with was sticking to an exercise program. My son,he's 15, is going to come work out with me. I'm hoping he's going to keep me motivated.

Sorry so Long! Just wanted to chat with anyone!

Hi. I am not from Houma, but close...I live in LaPlace. Its good to hear that you are doing well. I haven't been banded yet, but soon!

Hi I was banded at 11:30am at Ochsner by Dr. Richardson on the same day as you on September 19th. I went for my first post op viist yesterday with Richardson yesterday at 10:45am but didn't actually see him until 12:50pm. All went well and I have lost 37.1 pounds. I was so excited. I have felt great worse pain was in the hospital in recovery having the IV potassium, I needed over 6 units because my potassium was really, really low. How long did youi have to stay in the hospital. I was in revocery for 30 hours and in a room for only 2 hours then they let me go home. This has been the easiest surgery so far. I was back at work the Wednesday after my surgery. I did however gain 9lbs when I weighed before I left the hospital. That stunk but it is gone now.

January 07 Sept 4/07 Surgery Day 9/19/07 Today

348.5 315.5 -33 282.1 -33.4 276.5 -5.6

Total weight loss so far........72lbs since January

We were probably in the waiting room together yesterday. My appt was at 10:15 but I didn't get in to see him till 10:50 then I had to come back out and wait for Laura. It was a long morning. I didn't have any problems post-op. My surgery was at 130p, got into my room at 800p and was walking at 1030p. I didn't get to leave though till 600pm on Thursday. I've lost 23lbs so far. I actually didn't stay on the 2 week liquid diet post op which is why I haven't loss more I guess. I think as long as I watch how much I eat and exercise I should still lose weight before my first fill.

Hi, I'm new to the site. I see you saw Dr. Richardson at Ochsner. I have my first appt. with Dr. R. next month. I was wondering if you have Humana insurance and if they covered your WLS?

Hi I am from Raceland, Good Luck on your journey. Do you go to any support groups? I want to start going to the one in Houma. I had my surgery with Dr. French in NO, but heard you are welcome at the one in Houma.

From what I understand the support group meets at the Physical Surgical Center on Corporate Drive. I believe it's usually the last Wednesday of the Month. Since they have 5 Wednesdays this month it will be on the 24th.

You paid about 14,000 and had it done at Oschner's. I have State Group, it doesn't cover it nor does Humana here either or any other insurance offered in our school system. I live in northern louisiana and am still researching doctors.

I will try and make the Wed night meeting in Houma.

How is everyone in the Houma area doing? I think I had something lodged in my band last night. I thought I was going to die. That was a horriable feeling, it took about 3 hours to release.

Christmas was kind of hard, I ate a lot of sweets and food hight in sodium, so I am trying to get back on track. It will be a year on the 23rd of this month. Hope everyone is doing great.

Christmas was bad for me too! Getting back on track though...had to throw away candy and Cookies given to me for Christmas because I don't have the willpower to stay away from it. Chocolate...can you imagine having to throw away all that Chocolate...but I did it. Have to get back to exercising too! Will start tonight! Had a few bad moments with the band too...not chewing enough times so my portions are still too big...hurts like heck! Learning the hard way...friends and family are supportive...reminding me to eat slow and chew chew chew. I've only been banded since Sept. 19...lost 45lbs so far...did gain 3lbs since Dec. 18th which was my last visit with Dr. but not worried...have already lost 2lbs of it this week. Have a goal 10lb goal for

Jan. 22nd...know I can do it with eating right and exercising!!!

That is great! I need to start exercising too. I work shift work and it is so hard to stay on track, it is impossiable. Well glad you had a great Christmas. Stay in touch. We will have a skinny New Year...lol.