Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

I've been thinking about what I will wear after surgery when I come home. Are jeans still comfortable, with the healing incisions? I want to be prepared.

Wear anything that doesn't rub, trust me your gonna be tender for a wee bit but you don't want to rub the incisions

Sent from my HTC One M9 using BariatricPal mobile app

Get a bra like this

http://www.justmysize.com/shop/justmysize/plus-size-intimates/bras/just-my-size-bras/just-my-size-wirefree-bra-jm1274

Wear a loose dress if you can, I wore a maxi dress.

I also kept and extra bandage on the incision that was right along my bra line, to pad it.

You want clothes that are as easy to get on and off as possible.

Maybe I'm the only one, but I sure didn't worry about wearing a bra when I came home. :-) You know, recovering from major surgery and all.

RNY 14 April 2017
SW: 295 lb / 134 kg
GW: 187 lb / 85 kg (I'll see when I get there)

Maxi dress and no bra. Stayed home, noone to see that I had no bra on, except my family and I was fine with that.

Did light activities such as cleaning kitchen, preparing food for family and stayed in my day loungers with no bra the entire time.... it worked out great.

Get as comfortable as you can after you are home from your surgery.

Boobs way to big to go bra free, ever in life. Not wearing a bra is probably the most uncomfortable thing in the world for me.

#teambigtitties

1 hour ago, OutsideMatchInside said:

Get a bra like this

http://www.justmysize.com/shop/justmysize/plus-size-intimates/bras/just-my-size-bras/just-my-size-wirefree-bra-jm1274

Wear a loose dress if you can, I wore a maxi dress.

I also kept and extra bandage on the incision that was right along my bra line, to pad it.

You want clothes that are as easy to get on and off as possible.

These only go up to DDD? Perhaps they kind of stretch for fit an H maybe?

the one I had was like stretchy cotton, you can stuff them in and get a compression effect. I squeeze my G into DD sports bras all the time

I wore a nice big caftan, mumu (people have different names for them) plus a sport bra as I didn't want the huge girls hitting on the incisions. When I did go out I wore elastic waist soft pants and a big soft shirt. The only incision pain I had was the first night and the next day in the hospital. Surgery was on a Tuesday 11 am, got to my room by 6 pm that night. I was home in my recliner by lunch time on Thursday. Slept in my bed that night and didn't wake up until the next morning. If you have a long drive home be sure you have a pillow on your lap and the bucket the hospital gives you. I had a 45 minute ride home and felt sick the whole way home but never had to use the bucket.

2 hours ago, OutsideMatchInside said:

the one I had was like stretchy cotton, you can stuff them in and get a compression effect. I squeeze my G into DD sports bras all the time

I like compression/minimizing! :) Thanks!

I got an underwire-free lace bralette and then a couple of those stretchy sports bras with minimal support. Not super attractive or supportive, but it was SOMETHING at least. I definitely couldn't wear a normal bra.

Jeans were RIGHT OUT. I don't think I was comfy in them until 5 weeks post. I got myself some high quality thicker-fabric high waisted leggings and pretty much lived in those and in skirts. By the time I could fit into jeans again, I'd shrunk out of the ones I owned haha.

Boobs way to big to go bra free, ever in life. Not wearing a bra is probably the most uncomfortable thing in the world for me.
#teambigtitties

Me too! No bra is NOT an option. Lol

I've been thinking about what I will wear after surgery when I come home. Are jeans still comfortable, with the healing incisions? I want to be prepared.

In the beginning, wearing abnormal reach behind bra would have been miserable, but if you have big girls like I do, they need a holder! I did open in the front bras so I had support, but didn't have to pull any incisions putting a regular bra on. You will retain Fluid from surgery and from the IV fluids so pick clothing that is loose and stretchy. I took my comfy pj's and some yoga pants and a tshirt. I actually came home in my pjs because I was too comfy to change just to go 7 miles home and rechange into pjs. LOL you will be tired and sore those first few days and depending on your doctor, you may have a drain. I did. The loose clothing made it easier to deal with the drain as well.

On the flight home I wore a sports bra, t-shirt, and yoga pants.

I could wear anything as long as the waist band didn't rub right against the incisions. My jean were fine (until I lost weight and needed a belt!)