Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Hi Everyone! Just thought it would be interesting to get a poll started on where your surgeon placed your ports. My surgeon didn't place mine on my stomach. Mine is on the left side of my chest, above my breast. My bra strap covers it up. Just wondering about everyone else.

Pamela

Banded on 9-20-07weight.png</p>

Just to the right of center abdomen, 2 or 3 inches down from my bra band.

Or, just a bit down and to the right of the band.

I can't see them from where I am now, so I'm not sure which picture to point you to, but in this post you can see the location of my port (this was right after a fill, so you can see where the needle was inserted) in relation to the band.

http://www.lapbandtalk.com/211518-post151.html

Hi Everyone! Just thought it would be interesting to get a poll started on where your surgeon placed your ports. My surgeon didn't place mine on my stomach. Mine is on the left side of my chest, above my breast. My bra strap covers it up. Just wondering about everyone else.

Pamela

Banded on 9-20-07weight.png</p>

My port is between my sternum(breast bone) and my belly button, a little to the right.

My port is about 2 inches from my belly button. I can actually feel it. When I had my fill yesterday the nurse said it was an easy fill because it was right there. Lucky I guess!!

Mine seems to be about one inch from where my bra band is it seems to be centered. I am curious about something. There is a big incision and it is still painful one week after surgery. Is that where my port is? It is especially painful if you touch it. I tried to upload a pic. It is the big stapled area in the middle. Thanks for any help.

post-224575-13813135578175_thumb.jpg

It's hard to say for sure, but generally your port incision is your largest incision, as well as your sorest (most sore?) and slowest to heal. My surgeon placed the band and port through the same incision. Looking at your incisions, I'm guessing yours did the same.

Someone mentioned this the other day, below her collarbone.

I find the chest a rather strange postion. Isnt it visible? At goal weight I have no fat on my chest, I can count my ribs, and I can guarantee it would stick out majorly. And its also probably a part of our bodies we show a lot since few people could really say "oh, I have a terrible upper chest" or "oh, I have cellulite on my collarbones".

My surgeon places in the upper abdomen mainly because, on larger patients (which I definitely was), it's much easier to feel through a small amount of fat to find the port near the breastbone, than to have to feel through who knows how much fat in the lower abdomen.

The outline of my rib cage protrudes, the individual ribs don't unless I'm flat on my back, and my port is nowhere near showing. It's still a good hard poke down in there. I can easily feel it, but not see it.

Right now, my port is totally covered by my bra. It's a lot lower than right under the collar bone. I'm with you, i would think if it was that high on the chest, it would be seen when the weight comes off. I really hope that mine stays hidden when i lose the weight.

Pamela

Banded 9-20-07

weight.png

My port placement is very similar to Bellas, with the exception of the fact that I had stitches and steri-strips instead of staples.

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

• Trending Products

• Trending Topics

• Recent Status Updates

• KeeWee

It's been 10 long years! Here is my VSG weight loss surgiversary update..
      https://www.ae1bmerchme.com/post/10-year-surgiversary-update-for-2024 
      · 0 replies
      1. This update has no replies.
    • Aunty Mamo

Iʻm roughly 6 weeks post-op this morning and have begun to feel like a normal human, with a normal human body again. I started introducing solid foods and pill forms of medications/supplements a couple of weeks ago and it's really amazing to eat meals with my family again, despite the fact that my portions are so much smaller than theirs. 
      I live on the island of Oʻahu and spend a lot of time in the water- for exercise, for play,  and for spiritual & mental health. The day I had my month out appointment with my surgeon, I packed all my gear in my truck, anticipating his permission to get back in the ocean. The minute I walked out of that hospital I drove straight to the shore and got in that water. Hallelujah! My appointment was at 10 am. I didn't get home until after 5 pm. 
      I'm down 31 pounds since the day of surgery and 47 since my pre-op diet began, with that typical week long stall occurring at three weeks. I'm really starting to see some changes lately- some of my clothing is too big, some fits again. The most drastic changes I notice however are in my face. I've also noticed my endurance and flexibility increasing. I was really starting to be held up physically, and I'm so grateful that I'm seeing that turn around in such short order. 
      My general disposition lately is hopeful and motivated. The only thing that bugs me on a daily basis still is the way those supplements make my house smell. So stink! But I just bought a smell proof bag online that other people use to put their pot in. My house doesn't stink anymore. 

· 0 replies
    • BeanitoDiego

Oh yeah, something I wanted to rant about, a billing dispute that cropped up 3 months ago.
      Surgery was in August of 2023. A bill shows up for over $7,000 in January. WTF? I asks myself. I know that I jumped through all of the insurance hoops and verified this and triple checked that, as did the surgeon's office. All was set, and I paid all of the known costs before surgery.
      A looong story short, is that an assistant surgeon that was in the process of accepting money from my insurance company touched me while I was under anesthesia. That is what the bill was for. But hey, guess what? Some federal legislation was enacted last year to help patients out when they cannot consent to being touched by someone out of their insurance network. These types of bills fall under something called, "surprise billing," and you don't have to put up with it.
      https://www.cms.gov/nosurprises
      I had to make a lot of phone calls to both the surgeon's office and the insurance company and explain my rights and what the maximum out of pocket costs were that I could be liable for. Also had to remind them that it isn't my place to be taking care of all of this and that I was going to escalate things if they could not play nice with one another.
      Quick ending is that I don't have to pay that $7,000+. Advocate, advocate, advocate for yourself no matter how long it takes and learn more about this law if you are ever hit with a surprise bill.
      · 0 replies
    • BeanitoDiego

Some days I feel like an infiltrator... I'm participating in society as a "thin" person. They have no idea that I haven't always been one of them! 🤣
      · 0 replies
    • ChunkCat

Thank you everyone for your well wishes! I totally forgot I wrote an update here... I'm one week post op today. I gained 15 lbs in water weight overnight because they had to give me tons of fluids to bring my BP up after surgery! I stayed one night in the hospital. Everything has been fine except I seem to have picked up a bug while I was there and I've been running a low grade fever, coughing, and a sore throat. So I've been hydrating well and sleeping a ton. So far the Covid tests are negative.
      I haven't been able to advance my diet past purees. Everything I eat other than tofu makes me choke and feels like trying to swallow rocks. They warned me it would get worse before it gets better, so lets hope this is all normal. I have my follow up on Monday so we'll see. Living on shakes and soup again is not fun. I had enough of them the first time!! LOL 
      · 0 replies
  • Recent Topics

• Hot Products

Our Newsletter

Follow us for the latest news
    and special product offers!
  • Together, we have lost...
      lbs

PatchAid Vitamin Patches