Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Best decision I've ever made

3 days post op here, and needed to read this so much! Thank you! I feel so sick, and full of regrets. I know that I need to take it one day at a time. Thanks for the encouragement ❤

Edited by Mama V

I'm so glad you posted this... because right now I am feeling the opposite. I just had my sleeve on Tuesday. Glad to know these feelings of pain and regret are temporary. And also, you look awesome!! Great job!

What a great inspirational post! I was sleeved 4/17. Defiantly had doubts and fears leading up to surgery. It helps to know that others have been there too. Keep up the good work!

Great job!

What an awesome post to read this morning! I was sleeved on 4/19 and the first 2 days didn't feel very well in the hospital. Released on day 3 feeling much better. Looking forward to feeling better each day. Your post was uplifting...thanks!

For the person that is pre-op right now wondering if this is really the right decision for you while you struggle with your insurance for coverage, I was you.
For the person that is recently post op and has a million and one questions, excitement mixed with regret and is scared to death to drink Bc of that weird, heavy and sometimes painful feeling, I was you.
For the person in the first 3 phases after the surgery struggling to get down their Protein, Water and Vitamins in.. or these vitamins, I was you.
To the person that is weighing themselves every day, twice a day and finds themselves stalled even though you are doing EVERYTHING right, I was you.
To the people on this journey that are learning more and more about themselves every day, finding the strength in will power and the empowerment of eating to live instead of living to eat, gaining back your confidence while on some days still struggling with poor self-consciousness, I am you.
This journey began for me 8 months ago, and what a journey thus far.. there has been struggling, feelings of defeat and many tears.. but I would do the VSG again in a heartbeat Bc I have my life back, I am no longer a prisoner in my body and I have grown so much as a person. People sometimes ask me if I have any regrets, the only "regret" that I have is that I didn't do this surgery sooner.
Wishing everyone on this journey (pre and post op) support, love, and light.
YOU CAN DO THIS!
Below is a pic I took the day of surgery August 24, 2016
Next to it is a pic that I took exactly 7 months post op on March 24, 2017
I'm down 68 pounds.
ImageUploadedByBariatricPal1491981616.901208.thumb.jpg.a29d79e24e563fb568acbb4c4d5ccc0c.jpg
Sent from my iPhone using the BariatricPal App

Great post! And you not only look amazing but so much happier! Congrats!

You look amazing! Congrats!

Sent from my XT1585 using BariatricPal mobile app