Jump to content
×
Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Is it weird?



Recommended Posts

I have not had my surgery yet, but I am excited about being able to change my body type

on my dating profile from Big and Tall to a few extra pounds! Is that weird? lol

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 minutes ago, ssbthodge said:

I don't think that is weird at all. In fact that is a good thing because it means you are gaining more self confidence. Good luck on your journey

Thanks!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, BigDaddy13 said:

I have not had my surgery yet, but I am excited about being able to change my body type

on my dating profile from Big and Tall to a few extra pounds! Is that weird? lol

I don't think it's weird at all. I'm the same exact way. I'm finally putting myself back out there after almost 2 years of not dating anyone. And I can't wait to be able to change my body type from overweight to fit! So happy for you! I'm realizing that I'm really going to miss chocolate and pizza though! LOL!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, Hoping052017 said:

I don't think it's weird at all. I'm the same exact way. I'm finally putting myself back out there after almost 2 years of not dating anyone. And I can't wait to be able to change my body type from overweight to fit! So happy for you! I'm realizing that I'm really going to miss chocolate and pizza though! LOL!

Not much of a sweet eater myself... but I do love good food!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Not weird at all! I had lap band in 2012, successful, stomach issues in 2016, so now looking at sleeve surgery in May. :-)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, BigDaddy13 said:

Not much of a sweet eater myself... but I do love good food!

I was in culinary school for a while before my back and hand started messing up real bad. So I totally understand the love of food. Cooking and Baking. I wish I had time to make both my lasagna and my eggless chocolate cake tonight, but I don't. :( But it's okay. I'm going to figure out how to make a "carb free" lasagna using eggplant and zucchini "noodles" and homemade spaghetti sauce. All the store bought sauces I've found contain a lot of sugar. It's usually one of the first ingredients after tomatoes. So I'm going to make my own sugar free spaghetti sauce! And as far as pizza...I'll make me a pizza frittata on pizza nights (when i can eat again. LOL!) I start my mostly liquid diet tomorrow. :D

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, SherryF said:

Not weird at all! I had lap band in 2012, successful, stomach issues in 2016, so now looking at sleeve surgery in May. :-)

Good luck! :)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, Hoping052017 said:

I was in culinary school for a while before my back and hand started messing up real bad. So I totally understand the love of food. Cooking and Baking. I wish I had time to make both my lasagna and my eggless chocolate cake tonight, but I don't. :( But it's okay. I'm going to figure out how to make a "carb free" lasagna using eggplant and zucchini "noodles" and homemade spaghetti sauce. All the store bought sauces I've found contain a lot of sugar. It's usually one of the first ingredients after tomatoes. So I'm going to make my own sugar free spaghetti sauce! And as far as pizza...I'll make me a pizza frittata on pizza nights (when i can eat again. LOL!) I start my mostly liquid diet tomorrow. :D

Those sound delicious!
A lot of people have underlying causes for overeating but I think I just love food.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Good luck to you as well! You are having your surgery on my son's birthday! So, you will have a new birth date! :-)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, SherryF said:

Good luck to you as well! You are having your surgery on my son's birthday! So, you will have a new birth date! :-)

Awesome! happy birthday to him!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, BigDaddy13 said:

I have not had my surgery yet, but I am excited about being able to change my body type

on my dating profile from Big and Tall to a few extra pounds! Is that weird? lol

That's not weird, at all! When I started this journey with my six-month pre-op diet program almost 13 months ago, I made a list of milestones (26 of them in all). When I hit one of the milestones, I notate that on my list along with the date. It keeps me motivated and makes me happy. And some of them are the little things like what you mentioned! (And to be honest, those are the best ones!)

Good luck as you continue your journey!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
20 minutes ago, blizair09 said:

That's not weird, at all! When I started this journey with my six-month pre-op diet program almost 13 months ago, I made a list of milestones (26 of them in all). When I hit one of the milestones, I notate that on my list along with the date. It keeps me motivated and makes me happy. And some of them are the little things like what you mentioned! (And to be honest, those are the best ones!)

Good luck as you continue your journey!

Thank you very much! what a great idea about the list of milestones!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Thank you very much! what a great idea about the list of milestones!

I agree. Wish I had started that 6 months ago![emoji1]



Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I made the jump from a few extra pounds to about average. I figure I'll let my pictures do the talking and not going to put off potential matches. My BMI is under 30 so I'm no longer obese. My BMI is almost the same as Lebron James and no one would label as a few extra pounds so I'm basically a shorter version of Lebron James.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

  • Recent Topics

  • Most popular:

  • Recent Status Updates

    • gn3476

      Have decided on the Lap Band.  Excited, tomorrow 7/24 I have my consultation with my surgeon!  Hoping he will approve me.
      · 1 reply
      1. GreenTealael

        Best of Luck

    • allwet

      https://www.sciencedaily.com/releases/2017/12/171205091651.htm
      · 0 replies
      1. This update has no replies.
    • ms.sss

      Ok...so keeping my daily weight updated on here is getting tedious due to the the daily 0-3 lbs fluctuations.  Soooo...I figure I'm just going to update every 1-2 weeks moving forward.
       
      · 5 replies
      1. FluffyChix

        Yeah, I kinda do it when I see a new low. Then it fluctuates up and down up and down until I finally see a new low. Mine went down to 131 on Saturday but is now back to 133, lol. So I won't log it till I see 131 for a second time.

        I do my daily weight graph in My Fitness Pal. Much easier and it keeps a cool graph!!

      2. ms.sss

        Me too (sort of). I gifted myself a fancy-shmancy smart scale back in January and it wirelessly updates the data to Apple Health in my phone, which in turn automatically updates MFP (among other apps I have). Very hands off on my part. Updating BP was the only manual weight updating I was doing, which has stopped being fun and instead become a job, now that the weight goes up and down so much.

      3. FluffyChix

        LOL the joys of maintenance! ;) NOT!

      4. sillykitty

        Like @FluffyChix I updated at every new low, consequently I'm now listed as my lowest weight. I should probably update it to where I've been maintaining, which is +3 lbs or so from that weight.

      5. FluffyChix

        Nah, keep your low and stay aware of your upper threshold so you don't hit it. :D ;)

    • GreenTealael

      7 days post revision... I am wiped out! I forgot about the energy depletion stage 
      Logically I know there is some fat left for use... But not much
      · 8 replies
      1. GreenTealael

        I put a call in this morning they will get back to me shortly.

      2. FluffyChix

        Yay!! I bet they will say yes!

      3. GreenTealael

        I bet i will fight them if they say no 😂

      4. Orchids&Dragons

        Hope you get back to your old self soon!

      5. GreenTealael

        Yes i can't wait to!

      6. View All Replies
    • demayome

      Day 3 of Liver shrinking diet. 11 days to go. Come on 31JUL. Trying not to get impatient
      · 1 reply
      1. GreenTealael

        💜STAY STRONG💜

  • Trending Topics

  • Together, we have lost...
      lbs
    ×