Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Looking for Forestcat5

Can you give me some advice on St. Vincent's. I might want to look into them as another option in Cleveland. Thanks, Shawn

Hi Shawn did you find ForestCat yet. I usually find him on the Ohio thread. I'm from NE ohio too but I'm going to the CLeveland Clinic. Good luck, hope you find ForestCat

Hi Jiggleypuff -

I think we are really fortunate here in Northern Ohio with all of the excellent hospitals. I don't think a person could go wrong going to any of them for the surgery.

When I was researching lapband surgery I happened to see that there was seminar given by St Vincents near where I worked, so I decided to go. I filled out the forms, and got the ball rolling after that.

Is there anything specific you would like to know? I'll answer anything I can, just let me know. And guess what? I got

APPROVED TODAY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

And I see that sbee referred to me as a "him", but let me set the record straight - I'm a female cat. :)

Forestcat

Congratulations on approval!!! That has to be a great feeling. I am waiting back to hear from my psyc. evaluation. That is my last form before I can be sent off to insurance.

I really didn't have any questions in particular. Just how was your first experiences, was everyone helpful and warm? Where I am going to now I really don't care for any of the people. I am one of those people that have to feel comfortable with my doctors. So when I read your clevelander thread, it got me thinking, I don't have to go with these guys if I don't want to.

How long did the whole process take to get to where you are now? Feel free to give me any advice that pops into your head. Thanks, Shawna

Shawna -

I was very comfortable with Dr Ben-Meir at St Vincent. I have had other surgeries, and the surgeons were always in a hurry during the appointments. I know they are on a very tight schedule, but I felt like they wanted me out of there as fast as possible, so I maybe didn't ask the questions I wanted to. But I didn't feel that way at all with Dr Ben-Meir. He may have WANTED me out of his office as fast as possible, :), but he didn't make me feel that way. When he saw that my husband was there he asked if it was ok with me that he come in also incase he had questions. Then when he started talking about my weight, he stopped and asked me if I was comfortable with him saying how much I weighed in front of my husband, because he didn't HAVE to. I didn't have a problem with it, but I really appreciated that he asked. He came across as a very kind and highly capable Dr.

Everyone else I've come in to contact with has been nice also. (the only "bad" incident was with someone at the check-in desk for a blood test in another area of the hospital, and I don't think she is necessarily affiliated with the Bariatric Center.)

I am pleased so far with St Vincent's, and have no problem recommending them to anyone else.

Best of Luck - and keep me posted!

Forestcat

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

• Trending Products

• Trending Topics

• Recent Status Updates

• BeanitoDiego

I've hit a stall 9 months out. I'm not worried, though. My fitness levels continue to improve and I have nearly accomplished my pre-surgery goal of learning to scuba dive! One dive left to complete to get my PADI card 🐠
      I was able to go for a 10K/6mile hike in the mountains two days ago just for the fun of it. In the before days, I might have attempted this, but it would have taken me 7 or 8 hours to complete and I would have been exhausted and in pain for the next two days. Taking my time with breaks for snacks and water, I was finished with my wee jaunt in only 4 hours 😎 and really got to enjoy photographing some insects, fungi, and turtles.
      Just for fun last week, I ran two 5Ks in two days, something I would have never done in the past! Next goal is a 10K before the end of this month.
      · 0 replies
      1. This update has no replies.
    • Teriesa

Hi everyone, I wrote back in May about having no strength. I still get totally exhausted just walking from room to room, it’s so bad I’m using a walker with wheels of all things. I had the gastric sleeve Jan. 24th. I’m doing exactly what the programs says, except protein shakes. I have different meats and protein bars daily, including vitamins daily. I do drink my fluids as well.  I go in for IV hydration 4 days a week and feel ok just til evening.  So far as of Jan 1st I’ve dropped 76 lbs. I just want to enjoy the weight lose. Any suggestions or has anyone else gone thru this??  Doctor says just increase calorie intake, still the same. 
      · 0 replies
    • Stone Art By SKL

Decorative Wall Cladding & Panels | Stone Art By SKL
      Elevate your space with Stone Art By SKL's decorative wall claddings & panels. Explore premium designs for timeless elegance.
      · 0 replies
    • Clueless_girl

Losing my hair in clumps and still dealing with "stomach" issues from gallbladder removal surgery. On the positive side I'm doing better about meeting protein and water goals and taking my vitamins, so yay? 🤷‍♀️
      · 0 replies
    • BeanitoDiego

I've hit a stall 9 months out. I'm not worried, though. My fitness levels continue to improve and I have nearly accomplished my pre-surgery goal of learning to scuba dive! One dive left to complete to get my PADI card 🐠
      I was able to go for a 10K/6mile hike in the mountains two days ago just for the fun of it. In the before days, I might have attempted this, but it would have taken me 7 or 8 hours to complete and I would have been exhausted and in pain for the next two days. Taking my time with breaks for snacks and water, I was finished with my wee jaunt in only 4 hours 😎 and really got to enjoy photographing some insects, fungi, and turtles.
      · 1 reply
      1. BabySpoons

Amazing! Congrats!!! Watch out for the sharks. 🦈

• Recent Topics

• Hot Products

Our Newsletter

Follow us for the latest news
    and special product offers!
  • Together, we have lost...
      lbs

PatchAid Vitamin Patches