Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Banded??? Check in here

Lizziee, Tylenol with codeine is the same thing as hydrocodone, which is what I was taking. Give it a few more hours, try to eat a tiny bit, then you may feel better. That's exactly what happened to me this morning....

:pI am getting banded on Monday the 8th and I can wait......I figured if I can survive heart surgery this should be a breeze...Ha ha

Stefanie

Hey everyone! I had surgery yesterday. Woke up a little sore, but it wasn't as bad as I thought it would be. I usually have "girl cramps" worse that this pain was. I was up walking around within an hour of recovery, and took a walk every hour until I went home. I didn't have any nausea, thank God, and was able to drink 32+ oz, of Water in the 7 hours I was in the hospital.

When we got back to the hotel, I was having some shoulder pain, but just used a heating pad (lucky the hotel had one I could borrow!) and the liquid hydrocodone. I was able to sleep well, on my side, and have just been moving slowly and gently today. We had a 5 hour car trip home, but we stopped several times to walk around.

I had swansons fat free chicken broth for Breakfast, and it tasted yummy compared to all the sweet drinks I've been having. This afternoon, I have been having all sorts of tummy rumbles. I'm thinking it's my stomach saying,"Hey, what have you done to me!!" I am on Clear liquids for 1 week, then onto 2 weeks of full liquids, even thinned cream of wheat, and baby food textures. Then 1 week soft diet, and gradually to a regular diet.

I have realized in the 2 week strick pre-op diet that I had, that I was truely addicted to food, carbs in particular. I felt I sort of went over a hump, where the cravings and "need" is gone. I can now smell something yummy, and think, oh, that smells great, but it's not like I have to have some. I'm sure there will be great temptations in the days ahead, but I feel stronger to deal with it. That and all the money spent for this, will help avoid temptation!

Sorry for all the rambling...I'm afraid I'm a little high on the meds!!:faint:

Congratulations everyone on their hard work. Thanks for all the support!

Lisa- I am so glad you had a chance to post about your experience. I have been anxiously awaiting to hear from you. That is great that you were up and moving so quickly and able to drink 32 ounces of Water while just at the hospital. I didn't realize we would be there so long- 7 hours? What time did you go into surgery? It sounds like you are doing great. I bet it was a little rough on the long car ride home though. I am going to send you a PM. Get well!

Gratz to all banded so far this month!

Mine is coming up this week and I'm feeling a bit stressed, my blood test was showing high white cell count on last weeks tests. It could be postponed if it's not back to normal, I hate the waiting game. Oh, well, I will know for sure on Tuesday if it's getting delayed.

I'm keeping my hopes up that there isn't going to be any delays.;)

It sounds like the nausea that some of you are experiencing is coming from the codeine- Many people react that way to it- I am at day 6 and feel like a new person- I will venture out today with my daughters to do some shopping

Has any one else been weighing themselves every day?? I know I am not supposed to, but I can't help it- sometimes the results can be as high as a 5lb. difference, all on eating only liquids-

I have to be on creamy liq. for two weeks (yogurt, pureed Soups etc.) so I thought that I would continue to lose weight- I have not found any Protein shakes that I can drink- Is there some type of Protein powder that can be added to milk possibly, as I don;'t think I am eating enough protein- Please help!!

GNC or Right Aid has a whey Protein. I was told by my doctors office to make sure its 8gs of Carbs or less and 120 calories. This fit the bill. I'm looking for a non-flavored Protein.

I stopped pain-meds all together. I'll suck it up than feel like that again.

Thanks to all the TENS that are posting their surgery stories. It is comforting and inspiring to read through the experiences of all of you early October Bandsters. I can't wait to be posting my experience!!

Good luck to all moving into Bandland this week!!:gluck:

Hey all,

I was banded on 10/3. Back and feeling much better. I still have some gas pain, and muscle pain around my port. My port is really high, almost up under my rib cage. I still can't find a comfortable position to sleep in though. I'm taking tylenol, never took the prescribed pain meds. I can't handle the codine. It makes me feel like I have the creepy crawlies. If you are feeling sick, it may be because you are not getting enough nutrition. I felt horrible on Fri. Sick to my stomach, dizzy and weak. Of course that was the day we were traveling (12 hours) and there's not much opportunity for liquids in an airport. My mom finally found a soy Protein and fruit drink and I felt so much better after I drank it. Good luck to every one still waiting, and hope those who are banded are feeling better soon.

Weell my name is jennifer i am 30 years old 5-2 and was 216 pounds one week before surgery. i was in the hospital a total of 5 hours from when i checked in til i checked out day two was the wrost for me. i was not eating or drinking anyting, maybe 1/4 cup wter total in over 30 plus hours. up until yesterday four days after banded i could not drink nothing but Water was too full feeling, that cought upo with me could not stay awake so tired, finally last night i drank about 2 ounces prtien shake and this morning another two ounces and bout 1/4 cup of Soup. I was losing at least two pounts every night, i would wiegh myself every six to ten hours. wieghed myself today i actually gianed a pound but in a total i have lost total of 30 pounds in three weeks and 11 pounds in 5 days need to quit getting on that scale. and get over the fact of the one pound gained. lol

no in much pain at all still a little shoulder pain. good luck with all and would love to hear if anyone lese is have simular cases

Weell my name is jennifer i am 30 years old 5-2 and was 216 pounds one week before surgery. i was in the hospital a total of 5 hours from when i checked in til i checked out day two was the wrost for me. i was not eating or drinking anyting, maybe 1/4 cup wter total in over 30 plus hours. up until yesterday four days after banded i could not drink nothing but Water was too full feeling, that cought upo with me could not stay awake so tired, finally last night i drank about 2 ounces prtien shake and this morning another two ounces and bout 1/4 cup of Soup. I was losing at least two pounts every night, i would wiegh myself every six to ten hours. wieghed myself today i actually gianed a pound but in a total i have lost total of 30 pounds in three weeks and 11 pounds in 5 days need to quit getting on that scale. and get over the fact of the one pound gained. lol

no in much pain at all still a little shoulder pain. good luck with all and would love to hear if anyone lese is have simular cases

You want to be careful that you are not dehydrating your body.:sick For the first few days it was really tough for me to get liquids down as well, but if it took me two hours to get 1/2 cup of Protein down then so be it. I also sip on Water all day. On day 5 which is today I am finally hungry...tomorrow I can change from Clear Liquids to full liquids! :hungry:So give it your best shot!

Also... I refuse to buy a scale, because I don't want to get caught up in the whole what-do-I-weigh-syndrome. My doctor will weigh me once a month and that will have to do. I have to put my faith in my new habits and the lap band. Right now I can't judge if I lost any weight, because I look 9 months pregnant.:D

Banded 10/2 and doing ok. This is day six and im getting in my creamed Soups which are yuck to me. Cream of mushroom just doesnt taste yum without the casserole. But im doing it. I finally resorted to putting some spices in it. Similary, the liquid Isopure, im putting crystal lite in it. If anyone of you have done the ready made Isopure, you know what a dreaded taste it has, but with a lil flavor it goes down nicely and you get your Protein. For Breakfast yesterday I had cream of wheat diluated with silk soy milk with one spoon of splenda. It was nice and my first carb. Im only getting in 4 oz of liquids at a time but i seem to do much better with Water now. Im not as dehydrated. I was nervous like most of you, but you will find its a breeze, as long as you walk, walk, walk, to get the gas pains out. Good luck to all..will write more..

Aloha and God Bless,

Miriam

and doing great. i am more sore then i though i would be, but all in all, things are good. the flights home were kinda rough, i got really really tired. but i was so glad to be home. i had a wonderful experience w/ my doctor and his staff. they were terrific and treated my mom like gold too! will post more later. congrats to everyone else on the wagon!