Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Hello. Everyone one!!! I'm almost at my one year sleeved anniversary and when I started out I was doing great. I lost maybe about 70 pounds. To make this long story short I've gained about 10 back. I know what I've done right (and wrong for that matter) but on of my biggest issues is sweets. I have one mean sweet tooth. I'm addicted to chocolate...... I've tired the healthier route and going to The Vitamin Shoppe to get substitutes but it's not the same. I'm scared that I'll gain it all back. I feel a bit helpless at times. Having the surgery made me really realize that it's not just about nourishment. food was a comfort zone for many things in my life.

Drink a Protein Shake to appease your sweet tooth. I'd say that the largest part of this journey is the mental battle. Don't let yourself gain all your weight back. You'll be so upset that you put your body through all of that trauma for nothing if you do. I'd suggest working with a nutritionist and a psychologist to help you get back on track. And cut out the carbs or cut them way down. That will probably help you with your sweet cravings.

Good luck!

Hello. Everyone one!!! I'm almost at my one year sleeved anniversary and when I started out I was doing great. I lost maybe about 70 pounds. To make this long story short I've gained about 10 back. I know what I've done right (and wrong for that matter) but on of my biggest issues is sweets. I have one mean sweet tooth. I'm addicted to chocolate...... I've tired the healthier route and going to The Vitamin Shoppe to get substitutes but it's not the same. I'm scared that I'll gain it all back. I feel a bit helpless at times. Having the surgery made me really realize that it's not just about nourishment. food was a comfort zone for many things in my life.

Wow, you wrote my story lol I am 1.3 yr out. I lost 70 but gained 20 back. I need to get it together too. Have you tried the Premier chocolate Protein Shakes? I luv them n they give me my chocolate fix. You can add Peanut Butter Protein Powder to them too and omg it's good. Hang in there [emoji1303][emoji1303][emoji1303]

I am at a plateau... hoping and praying it's a short one, but my history tells me otherwise. I'm with you on the sweet tooth, and I read an article that a skinny person wrote. :) But it really has helped me. It said some scientifically awesome crap about things in your brain, and how sometimes it's better to eat one small serving of whatever you're craving than not, because if you don't, you might still crave it (THAT'S ME!) and you end up eating more of something else and more and more. It used potato chips as an example. Just eat the dang small bag! Otherwise you'll eat a giant family size bag of pretzels and end up with more calories anyway and STILL have the craving for potato chips. It was a long article, but it was brilliant, and so this is what I do. Option A: Eat one square of dark chocolate... not every day, just when you have that SERIOUS nag that won't shut up up, whispering sweet nothings about chocolate nonstop. It's 50 calories and won't kill you. Plus if you like dark chocolate, it does have some health benefits. Option B: Oh Yeah One Chocolate Brownie Protein bar.... YUM!!!! 220 calories; 20 grams of protein; 9 grams of fiber (so you'll poop it right out!)

But sometimes, you just need that one little bite of the real thing. Just keep it to one. That's me preaching to myself. :)