Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Puree phase unpleasant

I started Puree yesterday, had a scrambled egg & light Swiss cheese. I felt sleepy instantly & a headache. The rest of day had Liquid Protein since I was scared to eat. I had scrambled eggs again this morning & took 3 bites and I was done. I need to lay down immediately & the feeling is so uncomfortable. The toughest part is chewing to applesauce consistency. I get so thirsty too, I miss drinking while eating. When will this get better? I didn't expect puree to be this painful. I was missing food too my last few days of liquid only before puree & now that I'm eating food, it sucks.

Height: 5'0"

Weight for WLS consultation: 216 lbs.

Surgery date: 2/13/17

Goal: -71 lbs for healthy BMI (about 145 lbs).

Current weight: 185.2

My profile picture is not me. It's my "FITspiration" body.

I know some people have problems with scrambled eggs. Maybe leave them alone for now and try a different puree, like refried Beans or blended Soup, or that yummy ricotta bake! I'm lucky enough to not be having any intolerances at this point, but you should definitely not give up on the purees. :)

I have hunger pains missing food as well. It's not just my mind either. As some may say....I sustain from eating it, but still!!!! [emoji23] I can only have egg, nut butters, cottage cheese and Greek yogurt as my 3 meals a day purée stage.
I'm trying so hard to get use to my new normal. I will do it, this will not be a waste of time for me. God brought me this far, I know HE will see me through it. It's hard now for us but it will be greater later. Stay encouraged my dear. Feburary sleever[emoji322][emoji106][emoji108][emoji122][emoji122]

Try cooking the eggs a different way. My nut told me for some reason scrambled eggs aren't tolerated well. Thinks it has to do with the whipping of the eggs..adds air to them. I cook mine over medium and have no problems. Worth a try.. good luck [emoji846]

I just barely tolerated the puree phase and definitely didn't do well with scrambled eggs. I relied on applesauce and SF chocolate pudding with Protein Powder mixed in, mashed potatoes made with Fairlife milk and shredded cheese on top to add extra Protein, the ricotta bake (recipe on the world according to eggface blog), yogurt and shakes.

It is uncomfortable at first to eat real food but keep at it. The uncomfortable feeling eventually goes away.

Try greek yogurt,cottage cheese also.I couldn't eat scrambled eggs for quite a while.

I was hit & miss with eggs during that stage. One day they'd be fine, the next day it was awful. I second the ricotta bake. That may still sit a bit heavy so take your time eating it, but it's an awesome recipe and I still make it from time to time even though I'm back to regular foods now.

I wasn't very adventurous during the pureed stage. Did refried Beans, cottage cheese with some pureed fruit (like peaches or pears), the ricotta bake, Greek yogurt, and pudding. You've probably seen it before but in case you haven't check out this site for some good recipes through the different phases http://theworldaccordingtoeggface.blogspot.com/

Thanks everyone. I stopped eating scrambled eggs & now make deviled eggs. I'm surprised scrambled eggs was an okay for puree according to my nutritionist. It is too hard, in my opinion.

It feels like when I first got my surgery. I had to learn how to drink all over again. Now I have to learn how to eat. I'll cook the ricotta bake the end of the week. That blog has really good recipes & it seems just about everyone here enjoys the ricotta bake. I'm day 3 of purée and today was the first day I felt better about eating. I'm sick of shakes & glad I'm on this phase. I can't imagine how soft foods will be next week. [emoji15]

Thanks everyone. I stopped eating scrambled eggs & now make deviled eggs. I'm surprised scrambled eggs was an okay for puree according to my nutritionist. It is too hard, in my opinion.

It feels like when I first got my surgery. I had to learn how to drink all over again. Now I have to learn how to eat. I'll cook the ricotta bake the end of the week. That blog has really good recipes & it seems just about everyone here enjoys the ricotta bake. I'm day 3 of purée and today was the first day I felt better about eating. I'm sick of shakes & glad I'm on this phase. I can't imagine how soft foods will be next week. [emoji15]

I totally understand I have been on purée for 5 weeks now. I can't eat eggs either no matter how they are cooked. I rely on Soups and my Protein mix in teas and no sugar added cocoa.. I am so ready to eat food.. good luck..

I totally understand I have been on purée for 5 weeks now. I can't eat eggs either no matter how they are cooked. I rely on Soups and my Protein mix in teas and no sugar added cocoa.. I am so ready to eat food.. good luck..

Wow, 5 weeks? Can I ask why? I got the sleeve & only have to be in Puree for a week in week 4 post-op. Congrats to you for hanging in there.

Wow, 5 weeks? Can I ask why? I got the sleeve & only have to be in Puree for a week in week 4 post-op. Congrats to you for hanging in there.

The way my dr does it. 6 weeks purée, 3 weeks soft foods then slowly transition to solids..

The way my dr does it. 6 weeks purée, 3 weeks soft foods then slowly transition to solids..

You're kind of lucky. Altogether I had 6 weeks of Clear Liquids. I know Puree is a bit boring but it beats drinking nasty shakes all day everyday for over a month.

I was told that many people have difficulty with the egg yolk and it's better to do egg whites. I did egg white omelettes with cheese and sometimes spinach. I had a hard time the 1 time I did a whole egg...it really hurt my stomach.