Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Looking for a Twin (03/07)

Hi there! I'm being revised from sleeve to RNY 4/11 due to severe GERD. From what my surgeon explained revision to RNY lose about 50% of their excess weight on average. That number could be more or less based on the individual. We are expected to lose at a slower rate than with our original surgery. There are some revision folks that loss quicker than their initial surgery but again we are all different. Pre-op and post-op diets also vary surgeon to surgeon. I have to do a 1 week liquid diet prior to my revision yet another person I follow on a different site only have to do liquids for 2 days prior to surgery. Wishing everyone much success on their upcoming WLS journey be it your initial surgery or a revision.

i had my revision in November 2016. 2 weeks after surgery I got pneumonia in my right lung.,Even with that I had to help take care of my Mom who was having back issues.Not lifting though.I have lost 41 lbs and still losing.Dr said it would be slower but a loss is a loss.At my heaviest I weighted 290.I have lost 91 lbs in total.I trying to find more time to exercise regularly.I sure I would of lost more if I had. Hope this encourages you newbies on here.Ask any questions and I will try to answer them as best I can.I live near St.Louis,MO ,in a suburb of St.Charles county.Across the Missouri river from St.Louis county.

I have the best Dr,hospital and support ever with their staff.I also have had a lot of support with friends and family.They had classes, A very informative booklet that tells you the phases of diet.What to eat how mush.Also what Vitamins and the strength on vitamins and minerals.i also have recipes they gave us when I had my sleeve done.A lot of helpful hints and how to add flavor to things so they taste better.

I also had to have a Hiatal Hernia repair again with the revision.It was rougher recovery for the first few days.I did learn that you have to remind yourself about chewing real good and eating real slow.I would have immediate feeling of food getting stuck where my Hernia repair was.

Best decision I ever made and wished I would of had the bypass first. Eat your Protein and drink your Water, if you don't do that after revision you really don't feel good.I drink the Premeir Protein because it tastes good and has 30 grams of protein.Made it easier to get my protein after surgery.

@CurvyCakes you will be a day after me on this revision. I am glad that your doctor gave you some idea of what to expect weight loss wise and that eases my mind a bit. I have at MAX 20lbs to lose before I start looking sickly. Keep in touch on how you are feeling with your journey!

I have about 40 I need to lose. I gained a bit between all my complications and breaking my foot over the summer. I am more excited for the damn heartburn to stop. I keep reading all the stories where heartburn is completely gone right after surgery! I can't wait

i had my revision in November 2016. 2 weeks after surgery I got pneumonia in my right lung.,Even with that I had to help take care of my Mom who was having back issues.Not lifting though.I have lost 41 lbs and still losing.Dr said it would be slower but a loss is a loss.At my heaviest I weighted 290.I have lost 91 lbs in total.I trying to find more time to exercise regularly.I sure I would of lost more if I had. Hope this encourages you newbies on here.Ask any questions and I will try to answer them as best I can.I live near St.Louis,MO ,in a suburb of St.Charles county.Across the Missouri river from St.Louis county.
I have the best Dr,hospital and support ever with their staff.I also have had a lot of support with friends and family.They had classes, A very informative booklet that tells you the phases of diet.What to eat how mush.Also what Vitamins and the strength on vitamins and minerals.i also have recipes they gave us when I had my sleeve done.A lot of helpful hints and how to add flavor to things so they taste better.
I also had to have a Hiatal Hernia repair again with the revision.It was rougher recovery for the first few days.I did learn that you have to remind yourself about chewing real good and eating real slow.I would have immediate feeling of food getting stuck where my Hernia repair was.
Best decision I ever made and wished I would of had the bypass first. Eat your Protein and drink your Water, if you don't do that after revision you really don't feel good.I drink the Premeir Protein because it tastes good and has 30 grams of protein.Made it easier to get my protein after surgery.

I am about 2 hours south of you in Southern Illinois. We love the St. Charles area!

@bearhugs1975 I will definitelykeep in touch and you do the same. I'm so excited to have the burning stop and grateful for any additional weight loss that may come along with it. Are you having emotional roller coasters? I certainly am. One minute I'm super excited the next like right at this moment I'm scared out of my mind. In my heart of hearts I know I will be ok. @krisk12786 best of luck to you as well. I see your on the 20th.

[mention=88543]bearhugs1975[/mention] I will definitelykeep in touch and you do the same. I'm so excited to have the burning stop and grateful for any additional weight loss that may come along with it. Are you having emotional roller coasters? I certainly am. One minute I'm super excited the next like right at this moment I'm scared out of my mind. In my heart of hearts I know I will be ok. [mention=305379]krisk12786[/mention] best of luck to you as well. I see your on the 20th.

I am an absolute nervous wreck. I am not looking forward to the food progression again and all the emotional stuff. We are currently having trouble with my teenager and I am completely stressed about that. I am ready to get this over with and no more heartburn!

bearhugs1975

A lot of stress with a teenager.Try to replace eating with exercise,cleaning ,walking,just moving around.

The food progression isn't that bad.You will feel so much better,.Keep you in my prayers.

Hi guys, I created a group for us so we can all keep in touch and ask questions. It is titled Sleeve to bypass revision and is secret. If you add me on FB I will add you to the group. My name is Missy Lindsey and I am wearing red lipstick in my picture :)

Sent a friend request to you Missy. Diana Oehlert