Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Connecticut - Medicaid/husky

Just wondering if anyone here has gone through or is going through the process of getting approved in Connecticut and has husky insurance. I am just starting my journey and I may have the opportunity for a full time job with benefits, but I currently have husky d. Just wondering how likely I am to be approved on husky/Medicaid?

Sent from my iPhone using the BariatricPal App

Hi there, I am from CT and currently on Husky D/Medicaid. I started my VSG process back in Feb and finished my 6th month of nutrition just yesterday. I just started a new job today (formerly part time while finishing my MBA - graduated in May) so now that I have a full time job I'm petrified of doing all this work and losing my insurance. My surgeons office called and left me a message that my medical chart is ready to be submitted to insurance for approval by Fri -- that's in 2 days! Just praying that I get that preauth before I exceed the monthly income limit.

How'd your situation turn out??

Hi there, I am from CT and currently on Husky D/Medicaid. I started my VSG process back in Feb and finished my 6th month of nutrition just yesterday. I just started a new job today (formerly part time while finishing my MBA - graduated in May) so now that I have a full time job I'm petrified of doing all this work and losing my insurance. My surgeons office called and left me a message that my medical chart is ready to be submitted to insurance for approval by Fri -- that's in 2 days! Just praying that I get that preauth before I exceed the monthly income limit.
How'd your situation turn out??

I am still on Husky and just had my papers submitted to insurance on Thursday so I am waiting to hear back. How long did it take for you to hear back and how did it go?

Hi, I am on Husky as well and just went to the initial seminar tonight. Can you give me an idea of how the process went for you? Do you have co-morbidities? How much weight did you lose over the past few months with the exercise and nutritional counseling? If it's too personal, you can leave out details, I'm just really interested in knowing what's in store for me and what the time frame is like. Thanks and good luck with the submission!

Hi, I am on Husky as well and just went to the initial seminar tonight. Can you give me an idea of how the process went for you? Do you have co-morbidities? How much weight did you lose over the past few months with the exercise and nutritional counseling? If it's too personal, you can leave out details, I'm just really interested in knowing what's in store for me and what the time frame is like. Thanks and good luck with the submission!

Hey! Congrats on starting your journey. I went to my seminar last November and had my first surgeons appointment in February of this year. I started my 6 nutrition visits in march and had my 6th this month! It went by so fast. My surgeons office sent over my paperwork to Husky on Thursday last week and I am still waiting to hear back. I'm getting very anxious and scared because I know a lot of people hear back within a couple days and it's Already been a week. I stuck to my nutritionists plans very well and ended up losing 30 pounds between the 6 visits. I am where I wanted to be for surgery. As soon as I had my last nutrition visit I called my surgeons office to let them know and a couple days later they called me saying they were submitting my papers to my insurance. You can always start the nutrition visits before seeing your surgeon for the first time to get everything started early. I am using Dr. Pirrello through st Francis hospital in Hartford. He is a great guy and I trust him. You can expect the process to take 6-12 months depending on when you have your first appointment. I would recommend calling as soon as you can after your seminar because I had to wait almost 3 months for an appointment. I have a bmi of about 54 but no comorbidities which most people would be happy about but I am afraid that it will play against me with insurance. I hope to hear back by next Tuesday or else I will call and see what is going on. Hope this helped a little bit! You can always message me with any questions or email @ darlingmallorie@gmail.com I am always open to talking and making local friends because it is important to have a support system.

Wow, I guess requirements changed. I have husky D and I have to do 7 months of nutrition instead of 6. 1 down, 6 more to go. Wish there was a way to fast track it, lol. Best wishes to everyone going through the process!

I would double check that, AnisaLeah. I’m going through the program at Yale and they schedule six nutrition group seminars and one individual meeting with the nutritionist, but that can be completed in the same month as one of the group seminars. I started in September and I’ve done two group seminars and my one-on-one session so far (November group seminar is in two weeks.)

I would double check that, AnisaLeah. I’m going through the program at Yale and they schedule six nutrition group seminars and one individual meeting with the nutritionist, but that can be completed in the same month as one of the group seminars. I started in September and I’ve done two group seminars and my one-on-one session so far (November group seminar is in two weeks.)

Really? I’m going through Fairfield Bariatrics (my PCP is St Vincent’s so that’s where I was referred). The requirement sheet told me it’s a mandatory 7 month process. Hoping the 7th month is just a check in thing. Thanks for the reply! Best wishes on your journey!