Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

11 hours ago, 2-Liter said:

Tonight was fun as I pushed all the meat and lovely vegetables away so I could strain a cup of Delicious bone broth out of the Crockpot. Honestly in the past I never would eat much of the broth but now it is a delicacy after making it through the day on Protein shakes. This Upcoming Surgery has reminded me to be thankful.

Perspective man, we have gained perspective. Just wait until you are cleared for soft foods. My first food after liquids was black bean humus. In a cold and bleak March, as I took a baby spoonful of these pureed Beans, the clouds parted and a chorus of angels could be heard vocalizing in beautiful harmony as I savored my meal.

I really want to Thank Everyone for being so responsive and thoughtful with their replies. In the coming years you will see many posts from me, most will be written with humor but based on true emotions. I have rode the weight rollercoaster for the last 44years and now it's time to use the tools I have been given and put them to use. As we say in the South "'Hold My Protein Shake And Watch This"

Hi Eveyone- My surgery is May 24 2017. I am currently on the 1500 calorie diet. I am having trouble trying to figure what a normal portion or even healthy portion looks like. I have 2tsp of starch. have of 2oz of veggies and 2oz Protein at lunch and dinner. snack i have 2tsp almonds and 2tsp whole grain Cereal twice a day and for Breakfast a 8oz Protein shke. I just want to make sure my portions are right. Any advice or suggestions. thanks.

Salasmall what has been working for me is a Ketogenic style way of life. High Protein, Low Carbs 20 or less, moderate Qualify fats. I love Carbs but for some reason they just like to congregate and have house Party's all around my midsection so we had to have a breakup!!! Find a chart with your correct Macros and plan your meals around it.

@2 liter. what are macros. i appreciate your advice

This is the Macros chart I use. Lookup your height and it will give you a goal to shoot for. I have been able to loose 73lbs. Pre-op and still have 12 days to go but now I am on strictly liquids. Letting the carbs go is hard at first but it's what has given me the Best results.

IMG_0223.PNG

Thanks for posting the chart... that's very helpful :-)

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using BariatricPal mobile app

@2 liter thanks for the chart. It is very helpful thanks

Bahahahahahaha!

I've found that I have to STAY AWAY from the store as much as possible! It's hard because I have 2 pre-teen locust childs!

You Go Conan!

On 2/9/2017 at 0:31 PM, 2-Liter said:

those Rotisserie Chickens were calling my name laying there looking all Sexy. I am Thankful to say that I survived and left the Store felling like Conan The Barbarian all Rough, Tough and Victorious.

Yeah, those damn sexy chickens, clucking and beckoning. Shame on them!

Good for you for staying strong. :D I avoid these cravings by always going in with a shopping list. Is it on my list? I can buy it. Otherwise, it stays out of my cart, no excuses. This helps me shop with blinders on. I am super focused on getting lettuce or milk and don't even glance at the ice cream section since it isn't on the list.

Then again, I am the textbook definition of a Type-A personality. Your mileage may vary!

Also, a huge shoutout to keto! I did it for a year and a half. It wasn't successful for me since my body is broken (thus the need for surgery), but it was such a wonderful diet. Let me know if you ever want some recipe ideas or need help with that stuff.

Jessgnc recipes and websites or Great articles that you have read are all Welcome. I really feel like my Body works at its Best when I am Low Carb. The liquid diet has taught me that I don't need near as much food as I once thought I did. I am planning ahead now on types of foods that will be banned in my Post-Op Kitchen!!!

3 minutes ago, 2-Liter said:

Jessgnc recipes and websites or Great articles that you have read are all Welcome. I really feel like my Body works at its Best when I am Low Carb. The liquid Diet has taught me that I don't need near as much food as I once thought I did. I am planning ahead now on types of foods that will be banned in my Post-Op Kitchen!!!

YES! Keto was wonderful for me. I lost 40lbs in the first 2 months and then stalled for a year and a half no matter what I did (at which point I learned I was broken). But I loved it anyway. I slept better, felt more energetic, never had low blood sugar/hangry emotions and almost never was hungry.

Here are some fantastic resources:

The big one: www.reddit.com/r/keto - Seriously, everything you could want is there. They're amazing and it is an active community full of people who get the science side and the flavor side.

Recipes: Two huge sites I would always visit: http://alldayidreamaboutfood.com/ and http://cavemanketo.com/

Macro calculator for if you hit a stall: https://keto-calculator.ankerl.com/

I don't want to overwhelm you with links and info. If you're ever looking for a good bread substitute or something for a sweet tooth/salt craving, I probably found something to fit the bill.