Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

HELP! Should I Wait This Out

I had approx. 2cc in my 4cc band up until a few days ago when I had another unfill/fill. At 2cc I had gotten to the point where I could eat about anything I wanted if I cut it up in small bites and then chewed well and had very little liquid during eating. I had a lot of the clear slime covered vomiting in order to get to this point. I had another fill(unfilled of 1.75cc, was supposed to have 2cc)for a 3 cc total on saturday, felt like way to much so I had a unfill of 1cc for a total of 2 cc on Monday. I am having a very hard time getting anything other than liquids down, liquids go fine. I have tried food during the afternoon of monday and on tuesday, but almost anything that I tried was vomited back up immediately. And the golf ball that it feels like I have swallowed each time is horrible. I never felt like this after my last fill(which was my first one). My question is do I need to just wait this one out a few days and have only liquids or do I need to have an unfill immediately. I feel like I am going crazy with this restriction since I had such an easy time with the first one. :help:

Strange. If you were at 2 ccs then stayed at 2ccs I don't see where the problem is. Maybe the stomach lining thickened around the band. I would give it a couple more days then go down to 1.8 or something close.

ee if your surgeon is concerned. If he's not, here's what I would adivse. You could have some residual swelling. Especially if the 3cc caused you some problems.

I went from 2.5 to 3 and found 3 to be way too tight. I needed an emergency unfill. I had been at 2.5 for a very long time and had only mild restriction. They took me down to 2.0, and for a while I was tighter than I had been at 2.5. For about 2 weeks, in fact. This made sense when I considered all the crap my esophagus had been through just in the 4 days I was at 3.0.

If you can get liquids down, go with them for a day or two. Then try a warm basic mushy like thinned mashed potatoes. Only teeny bites, and waiting about 5 mins between bites to make sure it's not going to haunt you.

If the potatoes do ok, give mushies a few days. If you're still doing ok, progress so soft foods, etc. Just like pre-op.

If the potatoes do not do ok, I would seek an unfill. I had to work my way back up to 2.5 - it's not that unusual.

I had approx. 2cc in my 4cc band up until a few days ago when I had another unfill/fill. At 2cc I had gotten to the point where I could eat about anything I wanted if I cut it up in small bites and then chewed well and had very little liquid during eating. I had a lot of the clear slime covered vomiting in order to get to this point. I had another fill(unfilled of 1.75cc, was supposed to have 2cc)for a 3 cc total on saturday, felt like way to much so I had a unfill of 1cc for a total of 2 cc on Monday. I am having a very hard time getting anything other than liquids down, liquids go fine. I have tried food during the afternoon of monday and on tuesday, but almost anything that I tried was vomited back up immediately. And the golf ball that it feels like I have swallowed each time is horrible. I never felt like this after my last fill(which was my first one). My question is do I need to just wait this one out a few days and have only liquids or do I need to have an unfill immediately. I feel like I am going crazy with this restriction since I had such an easy time with the first one. :help:

Residual swelling from the fill may have you too tight. I recommend going onto liquids only for a couple of days.

You might want to click on this link:

http://www.lapbandtalk.com/f13/how-lap-band-actually-works-fills-refills-41738/

Thanks everyone for your very helpful advice. I has an emergency unfill own to 2 cc a few days after the 3 cc fill. I think most of my problem with not tolerating this fill was due to swelling from the actual fill and then the vomiting that soon followed. I am still having trouble with some foods as always and depending on what time of day it is, but I seem to be able to hold more food than before. I go back for a possible fill tomorrow, this time I am going to go on a liquid diet for at least two days, then mushy for another two days, and then maybe on to solids, even though my provider doesn't recommend anything other than liquid for a few hours after a fill. Thanks once again this site is great, keep up the good work.:clap2:

I have a question. YOu all talk about having fills then being unfilled.

If you are filled, then find you need an unfill days after, do you have to pay for the unfill?

I just got banded and I am looking for a dr in dallas area that will do fills for other dr.s as I went to Dr. aceves in Mexicali.

I do not have ins. so its all out of pocket....

any ideas?

thanks

genia

banded

10/1/07

281/175/150

I had the exact same problem. I felt like a golf ball was in my throat. After my doc removed a little I instantly felt better. But....after about an hour I had the worst bout of diarrhea Ive ever had. I guess the food was above the band that I had been trying to eat and passed all at once. GROSS!!!!

But now I can eat anything....Example lst night I had a baked fish dinner from Captain d"S, with steamed veggies and cole slaw, and bradstick, ate it ALL. Then had a piece of coconut cake, ate it ALL!!!!

DOnt worry...I know I have a problem.......Restriction or NO Restriction...I havent been able to find that sweet spot yet.

But also, I have a lot of issues with food that Ive never delt with obviously.....Dont make the same mistakes I have....call your doc and get everything resolved.

I am at 2cc in a 4 cc band for the past month and I still cannot tolerate much in the way of solids, but I can't imagine going back to have it unfilled. I waited too long for restriction. I have read where the band will loosen as you lose weight, I guess I will wait until that day comes because I know how out of control I can be w/o restriction. Anyway, while I am waiting, I will get creative with protien shakes....:clap2:

Well with the 2 cc I had started feeling like it did before when I was able to eat way to much. So I again for a second time went from 2cc to 3cc this past Thursday. I again could not tolerate food at all even though liquids stayed down fine, so I had a little unfil down to 2.75cc on Sunday. Now I seem to have found my "sweet spot" and I am very happy and hope that this last for a while. It's hard to believe how much difference .25cc taken out can make. I can now eat anything okay, just have to chew very good, no liquids with meals. Now I can only eat a small amount before I feel full, so I am loving this and hope that it is a while before I need another fill. I will be 12 weeks post-op on Saturday and I have lost 25 pounds so far so I am progressing nicely.