Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

ImageUploadedByBariatricPal1486520392.625238.thumb.jpg.2ea070f8923d83e3622c955f7478a6c8.jpg

Who's starting their liquid diet w/ me tomorrow or in the near future?

This plus sugar free Jello, sugar free popsicles and broth are all that I am allowed for the next 3 weeks (give or take).

[emoji844][emoji92]SURGERY DAY: 3/1/17[emoji92][emoji844]

Good choice with the premiere shakes real good I just had my surgrey on the 31st of Jan and I'm on shakes now. Good luck

Sent from my SM-N920T using the BariatricPal App

I'm March 8th! The dr said I have to go in one week before for a preop appointment but he hasn't said anything about a liquid diet before hand? Maybe he will in my preop appointment

Sent from my iPhone using the BariatricPal App

You will discuss this during your Pre-Op appointment. My surgeon just gave me my information when I got approved. You will most likely be given a packet. It will break down the 6 - 8 week Pre-Op and Post-Op diet. Have the Vitamins you will need to take. How to eat and drink. What is acceptable and what is not.

2 hours ago, Phoenix40 said:

I think it depends on your BMI, Current weight and health status. I've heard that a high BMI will result in a two week liquid diet. I'm preparing myself for that.

I think it really depends on your surgeon. My doctor gave me a binder with LOTS of information, including the various pre-op diet regimens, at my 1st appt with him, and I met my nutritionist the same day. I was told that EVERYONE there has at least 2 weeks of the liquid diet pre-op. The assumption is that if you are overweight, then so is your liver, which needs to shrink before surgery. My BMI is 40, and it will be the 2-weeks for me! Starting it on the 21st. I am stocked up on Premier Protein shakes-4 flavors, sugar free Jello, popsicles, etc. I am ready...now I just hope my body is LOL. I have been eating a highprotein, very low carb diet for a couple of weeks to prepare, and so far have lost 13 lbs an feel great. I am also off of one of my two diabetes pills because my blood sugars were getting too low! Yeah!

Edited by LGN900

I think it really depends on your surgeon. My doctor gave me a binder with LOTS of information, including the various pre-op diet regimens, at my 1st appt with him, and I met my nutritionist the same day. I was told that EVERYONE there has at least 2 weeks of the liquid diet pre-op. The assumption is that if you are overweight, then so is your liver, which needs to shrink before surgery. My BMI is 40, and it will be the 2-weeks for me! Starting it on the 21st. I am stocked up on Premier Protein shakes-4 flavors, sugar free Jello, popsicles, etc. I am ready...now I just hope my body is LOL. I have been eating a highprotein, very low carb diet for a couple of weeks to prepare, and so far have lost 13 lbs an feel great. I am also off of one of my two diabetes pills because my blood sugars were getting too low! Yeah!

I got a binder as well! I am on day 3 of 21 and today hasn't been that bad. (Knock on wood).

SURGERY DAY: 3/1/17

I am so happy of the March 8th Surgery dates. Is any one watching tons of YouTube videos and vLogs like myself? I am still juggling with rny vs . vsg.

So I don't know why I did this to myself .I just looked at some of these horrible stories of near death experiences and people being really sick after a bypass and now I scared myself to thinking of having just the sleeve and now a little bummed .

ImageUploadedByBariatricPal1486520392.625238.thumb.jpg.2ea070f8923d83e3622c955f7478a6c8.jpg

Who's starting their liquid diet w/ me tomorrow or in the near future?

This plus sugar free Jello, sugar free popsicles and broth are all that I am allowed for the next 3 weeks (give or take).

SURGERY DAY: 3/1/17

I started mine on the 8th of this month, its hard but im doing it. My freezer is full of the sugar free popsicles surprisingly i dont have any headache but i am irritable sometimes. How is it going for you? My surgery is on March 1st

I started mine on the 8th of this month, its hard but im doing it. My freezer is full of the sugar free popsicles [emoji12] surprisingly i dont have any headache but i am irritable sometimes. How is it going for you? My surgery is on March 1st

That's when I started mine. My surgery is also on the first. Lol. It's been kind've difficult but as long as I'm moving and not having to sit and think about eating I'm fine.

So I don't know why I did this to myself .I just looked at some of these horrible stories of near death experiences and people being really sick after a bypass and now I scared myself to thinking of having just the sleeve and now a little bummed .

Those stories are anywhere. They happen. But heck I've had a csection in which I was completely sedated and I had to sign papers saying that I understand the risk. Anytime you have a surgery, no matter how minor, there are risk... especially when it involves meds for sedation.

You'll be okay! Look up statistics.

Just make sure you walk me through your process and we keep in touch with each other .

Of course I will. I'm all here for being here for each other. We got this! And if you're experience has been anything like mine, it's been a long time coming. This has been a little under a year process for me and I'm just ready to be on the right track to weight loss.

So as long for me but I keep sucking My stomach and I'm like in a couple of more weeks it's going to be a major change .I am so excited and have been but then I just got nervous this feelings is probably normal but at this time I only want happy thoughts .