Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

"I can't believe I ate the whole thing"

This by far has been the worse day as far as eating for me. I fell way off the wagon. I am almost 5 weeks post op and suppose to still be on mushies at least until my next post-op appt which is Wednesday. Today we go to O'Charley's for my husband's birthday. I'm thinking Soup and baked potato, right? How about I ate the entire bowl of baked potato soup, ordered a meal with Chipolte baked Salmon and a baked potato. So I eat 1/3 of the Salmon and half of the baked potato and think to myself, Geez why did I just stuff my self like that (honestly I wasn't really full and could have eaten more). I got home and had no really bad sensations from eating too much other than a little cramping and pinching in my stomach. So I reason with myself and say, ok, I'm not eating anything else the rest of the day other than drinking my Water and maybe a applesauce. Well, I go to the store and this 3 oz bag of Chili cheese Corn chips start calling my name. These are my absolute favorite. I get them and say only 1 or 2 as I've never eaten anything crunchy or cheated like this since 08/20 (and I thought it only took 21 days to make a habit). I just downed the entire bag of chips and praying that I won't be miserable or that it does any harm. I've not had any fills yet and wasn't suppose to come off of mushies until Wednesday. I am so mad at myself. What is wrong with me? Geez!!! I know I am on pure will power at this point but I've been so careful. I know it does happen, we all fall from time to time but OMG, help me Lord!!!!

HI RUMAR, I HAVE THE SAME BMI AS YOU. HAVE LOST THE SAME AMOUNT OF WEIGHT AS YOU, AND AM FIVE WEEKS POST OP LIKE YOU:omg:I ALSO HAVE THE SAME LOVE OF CRISPS (SORRY chips TO YOU) LOL I,M NOT SWEET TOOTHED BUT FOUND MYSELF BUYING CHOC THE OTHER DAY AND I CAME HOME TOOK A BITE AND SPAT IT OUT AND THREW THE WHOLE BAR AWAY! I COULDN,T HAVE DONE THAT IF IT WERE CRISPS SO DON,T BE TOO HARD ON YOURSELF THIS IS A LIFE TIME JOURNEY AND WE WILL LEARN TO MODIFY OUR BEHAVIOUR. I FEEL STRONGER EVERY DAY SEEING THE WEIGHT COME OFF AND AM SURE YOU WILL TOO. I JUST BOOKED MY FIRST FILL TODAY FOR OCT19TH WHICH IS TWO WEEKS LONGER THAN I EXPECTED TO WAIT, BUT IT WAS THE FIRST AVAILABLE APPT SO I WILL HAVE TO HANG IN THERE! GOOD LUCK AND STAY STRONG.:kiss2:

This by far has been the worse day as far as eating for me. I fell way off the wagon. I am almost 5 weeks post op and suppose to still be on mushies at least until my next post-op appt which is Wednesday. Today we go to O'Charley's for my husband's birthday. I'm thinking Soup and baked potato, right? How about I ate the entire bowl of baked potato soup, ordered a meal with Chipolte baked Salmon and a baked potato. So I eat 1/3 of the Salmon and half of the baked potato and think to myself, Geez why did I just stuff my self like that (honestly I wasn't really full and could have eaten more). I got home and had no really bad sensations from eating too much other than a little cramping and pinching in my stomach. So I reason with myself and say, ok, I'm not eating anything else the rest of the day other than drinking my Water and maybe a applesauce. Well, I go to the store and this 3 oz bag of Chili cheese Corn chips start calling my name. These are my absolute favorite. I get them and say only 1 or 2 as I've never eaten anything crunchy or cheated like this since 08/20 (and I thought it only took 21 days to make a habit). I just downed the entire bag of chips and praying that I won't be miserable or that it does any harm. I've not had any fills yet and wasn't suppose to come off of mushies until Wednesday. I am so mad at myself. What is wrong with me? Geez!!! I know I am on pure will power at this point but I've been so careful. I know it does happen, we all fall from time to time but OMG, help me Lord!!!!

Hi rumar! I know how hard it is... I'm 6 months off and still have my personal battles everyday, because like laineer said THIS IS A LIFE TIME JOURNEY... We have to face it, we are addicted to food, like other persons are to cigarrettes, alcohol or drugs and the worst thing is all the other stuff you can quit anytime if you want (easy to say! not to do!) but we all have to eat EVERYDAY so is even harder for us.

Something that help me and maybe can help you is remember that I can't control food and the first bite of the chocolate bar will be my dead, I can't do what other people do and eat just a couple of bites of the cake I will eat it ALL and ask for more! that's me that's my addiction, and only God and my efford will take me away from the bad choices.... ONE DAY AT THE TIME, JUST FOR TODAY, I will try to eat healthy because my choice today will make the different on the scale tomorrow...

Stay bless

This won't be the last time you do something like this..

Just pick yourself up by your boot straps, and keep on walking :)

The only tip I can give you is do not binge and think you can throw it up later. I did that and I've been loosened completly 3 times and now I am at the point where my mom wants to take the band out because I can barley drink any Water and I'm on the verge of collapsing every week and I miss school. so DO NOT BINGE!!!! Eat slowly what you want (besides bread, Pasta and rice) and don't throw up and try to go back to eating more of what you just threw up. DO NOT BINGE, its not worth it. It damages thinks and I had to learn the hard way. Thats my tip

jtrujillo, I pray that you stopped bringing...I used to suffer with bulimia for years and it took a toll on my body. Since I got the band I have no binged or purged and for the first time in a while my body feels normal. When you binge and purge your body expells electrolytes (potassium and soduim) which your body needs to function. I found that I too was passing out at work, always sick, at one time I was on anxiety pills cuz I was too ashamed to tell my dr and he diagnosed me with anxiety attacks. It will give your body a real roller coaster ride...baby girl. Take it from an old pro...it ain't worth it...take care.

Thank you all for your words of encouragement. I went to the

Dr. today and he said the strong since of hunger was expected as the swelling in my band has subsided and there is no restriction. And since I've only lost 2 lbs in the last 2 weeks on pureed (despite only taking in around 1000 calaries with the exception of Sunday, of course) that it is time for a fill. I love this Dr. Steinberg as he was so reassuring and patient explaining to me it will get easier once I get my 1st fill. I know it will be days where I will fall but thank God for you all. This forum has meant so much to me. I wished I had more time to read and respond to all of the wonderful posts. The nurse is going to call me to let me know when my 1st fill is. Until then I will do just as you all said and that is to take one day at a time.