Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Anyone know of Dr De Bruyne Chris

Hi everyone i'm home, very sore around the port area but other than that feeling ok. I feel like i am 9 months pregnant again i am soooooooo swollen. I must admit the travelling home after such an operation is very hard going i wish we had stayed another night or two.

I feel weepy, and sorry for myself, is this quite normal as i thought i would be bouncing around as i have been waiting for this a long time . This morning i woke up absolutely starving so had half a sachet of oats so simple then went and ate the other half, it all went down easily and i must asy i feel a lot better for it, but a little concerned as other people dont seem to be able to eat half as much.

I have decided that i am not going to weigh in my house at all as i can get a little obsessed with them weighing day and night, will only weigh up my mums.

frederick is going to bristol and cardiff on the 3rd nov to look for a new clinic so by end next month he should be sorted down this neck of the woods.

well if anyone has any advice for me would be very much appreciated.

Hi,

Im glad everything is fine and you are back home, I was starving 3 days after surgery, and I thought that was strange and somethng was wrong. I asked Dr Chris and here is his answer, I hope it helps. In black my question in blue his answer)

- I can eat a small bowl of Soup, with no problem, ( I dont feel full but my stomach feels a bit heavier, with 2,5 or 3 dls of light Soup, eaten very slowly with a coffee spoon) but after 2 hours Im so starving I could eat the paper from the walls, (which I havent, yet) is this normal? yes because the postoperative oedeama is already gone. Maybe you need a quicker first fill.

I afraid of eating too much and stretching my little stomach.... this is not possible

all the best :biggrin:

Ele

Hi Vanessa, just reading your earlier postings....I too am going for a fill in Manchester on 13/11! What time are you booked in for? I go @ 4pm (for my second fill), can't wait,as the first fill didn't give me much restriction! Maybe I'll see you there!

Kath.:biggrin:

hi.. my appt is 15.30.. my train arirves manchester airport at 15.10 so hope i get there on time... just noticed that whilst ive been given address i.e industrial estate. i've not been given a unit number... do you have this info??.... ta...

I expect our paths will cross ... would be nice to meet my train leaves at 5pm so will have a little extra time to spare...

:blush:

I wish I could of had an earlier fill but the 27th Nov was the next one after the 23rd October which would of been far to soon. Hmmmmm I love prawns lol but I have been warned lol!:biggrin:

Yum Spag Bol, how did the Pasta go down? How much did you have? Im still feeling hunger pangs about 2 hours after I have eaten and I am having to really be strict with myself to stop snacking:cursing: oooohhhhh roll on the 27th Nov lol:rolleyes2:

Nobody at work has suspected because I had already told them that I was

going on a very strict diet, so they just think im still on that phew! How has it been for you? Are they supportive now they all know?

HI

chopped the spag into small bites.. cooked till very soft..went down like a dream!!.. my daughter reckons the portion was the size of a 7yr olds!!.. could have eaten more but started feeling full so stopped.. then later had small portion of semolina.... that was lovely!!!!!...

Had to ring and inform m y boss cos of the speculation... seems everybody wants to make it their business.. was getting phone calls galore asking what I'd had done!!.. anyway, now they know , theyve been really good.. told to take as much time off as I need!!... so still off..

weighed myself today..lost 1.3kg...not bad.. how about you

HI

chopped the spag into small bites.. cooked till very soft..went down like a dream!!.. my daughter reckons the portion was the size of a 7yr olds!!.. could have eaten more but started feeling full so stopped.. then later had small portion of semolina.... that was lovely!!!!!...

Had to ring and inform m y boss cos of the speculation... seems everybody wants to make it their business.. was getting phone calls galore asking what I'd had done!!.. anyway, now they know , theyve been really good.. told to take as much time off as I need!!... so still off..

weighed myself today..lost 1.3kg...not bad.. how about you

hmmmm that sounds lovely gonna do that tomorrow. lol sounds like people getting to know has worked to your advantage:biggrin: how brill is that, still off work lol wish I was, but then again if I was I would be looking for things to eat lol.

I have to get through 2 Christmas lunches:w00t:one on the 10th Dec and 1 on the 19th, dont quite know how im going to deal with that yet, not to mention dinner on Christmas day with my parents!!! and I cant get out of them oooppps

well done on the weight loss thats fantastic Vanessa. Im not going to weigh in till Friday, but my clothes feel less tight and my knickers are not rolling down lol so I guess I must be lossing it in all the right places lol:smile2:

Hi,

Im glad everything is fine and you are back home, I was starving 3 days after surgery, and I thought that was strange and somethng was wrong. I asked Dr Chris and here is his answer, I hope it helps. In black my question in blue his answer)

- I can eat a small bowl of Soup, with no problem, ( I dont feel full but my stomach feels a bit heavier, with 2,5 or 3 dls of light soup, eaten very slowly with a coffee spoon) but after 2 hours Im so starving I could eat the paper from the walls, (which I havent, yet) is this normal? yes because the postoperative oedeama is already gone. Maybe you need a quicker first fill.

I afraid of eating too much and stretching my little stomach.... this is not possible

all the best :)

Ele

lol its good to know that im not the only one who could eat the paper off the walls, good job I dont have paper on the walls lol. Its also good to know that we cant stretch out little stomachs

hmmmm that sounds lovely gonna do that tomorrow. lol sounds like people getting to know has worked to your advantage:biggrin: how brill is that, still off work lol wish I was, but then again if I was I would be looking for things to eat lol.

I have to get through 2 Christmas lunches:w00t:one on the 10th Dec and 1 on the 19th, dont quite know how im going to deal with that yet, not to mention dinner on Christmas day with my parents!!! and I cant get out of them oooppps

well done on the weight loss thats fantastic Vanessa. Im not going to weigh in till Friday, but my clothes feel less tight and my knickers are not rolling down lol so I guess I must be lossing it in all the right places lol:smile2:

lol.... theres nothing quite like the knicker test!!!!....

I have a weekend witht the girls in Manchester 28/11.. now they all know, eating or lack of it wont be a problem.. I seem to have swapped eating to watching cooking programmes!!!... I must be in mourning.!!

Had terrible trouble getting onto this site yesterday.. this is my email address in case you'd like it..annjones29@aol.com

HI!. is anyone out there going to have a band fitted by Dr Chris in January?? Im having mine done on Jan 9th.. Its great reading all your posts and you have all done so well and I cant wait to join you as a post bandster,I know youll give me some great advice..but I have not noticed anyone recently who is waiting to be banded..Im feeling alone a bit! (especially as only a few people know,and some dont aprove of me having it!) Anyway, it would be nice to hear from some Pre bandsters...if theres any out there!? Gillian

Hi Vanessa, The address I have for the Manchester office is:Regus Manchester Business Park,3000

Aviator Way

Manchester

M22 5TG

I don't know if the "3000" is a room number or what! I've noticed that 1or2 people on this web-site have already been there so maybe they could let us know how easy (or difficult) it is to find?? All I know is, that it's adjacent to the air-port! Sorry I couldn't be any more help!:w00t:

Kath.

Hi Vanessa, The address I have for the Manchester office is:Regus Manchester Business Park,3000

Aviator Way

Manchester

M22 5TG

I don't know if the "3000" is a room number or what! I've noticed that 1or2 people on this web-site have already been there so maybe they could let us know how easy (or difficult) it is to find?? All I know is, that it's adjacent to the air-port! Sorry I couldn't be any more help!:w00t:

Kath.

hi.. thanks for the info... hopefully the taxi driver will know where to go!!..

Hi Gillian, I'm also waiting for a band by dr Chris in january, but i think i will change my mind and i will let it do over here in london. So I pay more but I have a better follow-up afterwards.

Don't bet on having better follow up because you get the band in the UK. Banding surgeons are still fairly scarce on the ground and if yours is on holiday or away somewhere chances are there will be no cover.

I can get to Belgium quicker than I can be seen by a surgeon in Scotland. The private hospital in Scotland that does banding does not have a resident surgeon - they come from the South of England - so make sure you know what you are getting. There are many private bandsters who are less than happy with the care they received privately in the UK.

My own GP advised me to go the Belgium for the op (apparently MRSA is practicaly unheard of in Belgium).

Hi guys, I was just wondering if anyone could answer a few questions for me please. Can the fils be done in the uk? Secondly I'm going to book into the hotel the website which is called the hotel campanile Vilvoorde does anyone know how much taxi fares will be between the hotel and the clinic/hospital??? Any advice tips will be most gratefully recieved as I'm feeling a bit clueless and very nervous now. Cheers:tt2:

Hi guys, I was just wondering if anyone could answer a few questions for me please. Can the fils be done in the uk? Secondly I'm going to book into the hotel the website which is called the hotel campanile Vilvoorde does anyone know how much taxi fares will be between the hotel and the clinic/hospital??? Any advice tips will be most gratefully recieved as I'm feeling a bit clueless and very nervous now. Cheers:tt2:

hi,

Taxi fares vary between 5 and 9 euros.. quite a difference so ask before you get in...

Fills can be done in various areas of the uk.. London,Manchester, in time Bristol.. and scotland... all on a monthly basis.. costs £100 ..This info can be found on their website.

vanessa

hiya

I come back from brussels about a month ago, campinelle lovely place (2 minute walk from train station). Taxi fares ranged from 6 to 10 euros, better to ask when you get in. Fills now also available in Bristol as from today!!, they have got appoints for the 20th nov but will only hold appointments if they can get enough people to attend.

good luck!!

hiya all

APPOINTMENTS AVAILABLE IN BRISTOL 20TH NOVEMBER AS FROM TODAY! IVE MADE AN APPOINTMENT FOR THE AFTERNOON BUT THEY WILL ONLY KEEP THE DATE IF THEY CAN GET ENOUGH PEOPLE TO ATTEND.. ANYONE UP FOR PRE-XMAS FILL??

THANX