Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Anyone know of Dr De Bruyne Chris

Thanks.

Yes, i have booked directly.

I understand that this is not an easy journey I am about to embark on. I envisage many difficulties along the way and am under no illusions that this will be a magic wand. I look at it as a tool to assist me on this journey and am prepared for all the ups and downs I experience along the way. thank you so much for your advice and words of encouragement. i really appreciate you taking the time to share your experiences and can only hope that in a years time I have been as successfull as you,

A, x

Ohh wow, thanks for your lovely words. I had my doubts please believe that as I was so sure that the band would fail me. But then I think I was lucky as I really focused on what I wanted to achieve. I was really selfish (sorry for those so family foscused) I endured my other half having a go at me about 10 days in and accusing me of having to deliberately eat differently. I realise that this was jealousy talking and have taken it with a pinch of salt but at the time I was very hurt by it. Out families need to be supportive and understand what this journey can entail.

For me I have been very lucky as the weight appears to have pealed off more easily. However, this has been a testing journey in that I have had weeks where I hardly ate and had colleagues wondering why I looked so pale? Others thinking I was anorexic etc. I have had some odd comments aswell such as cheating etc and really think that those who make the comment should have a band fitted so they they can experience just what it is like. Never knowing what the new day will bring whether the porridge that worked yesterday will be the same today or that you celebrated eating a small piece of chicken for dinner and the next day you were barely able to keep a small glass of milk down. This is extreme and others on here have not had this type of journey and been fortunate.

Others who have pushed for too much when having a fill and paid the penalty of being overfilled or there are others who have had the 0.5ml or 0.25ml fill gently taking them up to their sweet spot and there are those that want to lose the weight for a purpose to fall pregnant, to have improved health, to regain their self esteem. So many reasons why we embark on this journey and all valid to us and so important especially for our loved ones to understand and acknowledge that we are drawing a line in our lives and wish to focus and achieve the one thing that is important to us losing weight, feeling happy in our our skin!

I still think I am going to get on the scales and see that I have gained it allback on again! I know what an idiot especially as I seem to be the other way and can't stop losing which is why I need to go for a small defill!

So happy that you have made such a positive decision for change in your life and wishing you a wondeful 2012. Bon chance!

Cx

Ohh wow, thanks for your lovely words. I had my doubts please believe that as I was so sure that the band would fail me. But then I think I was lucky as I really focused on what I wanted to achieve. I was really selfish (sorry for those so family foscused) I endured my other half having a go at me about 10 days in and accusing me of having to deliberately eat differently. I realise that this was jealousy talking and have taken it with a pinch of salt but at the time I was very hurt by it. Out families need to be supportive and understand what this journey can entail.

For me I have been very lucky as the weight appears to have pealed off more easily. However, this has been a testing journey in that I have had weeks where I hardly ate and had colleagues wondering why I looked so pale? Others thinking I was anorexic etc. I have had some odd comments aswell such as cheating etc and really think that those who make the comment should have a band fitted so they they can experience just what it is like. Never knowing what the new day will bring whether the porridge that worked yesterday will be the same today or that you celebrated eating a small piece of chicken for dinner and the next day you were barely able to keep a small glass of milk down. This is extreme and others on here have not had this type of journey and been fortunate.

Others who have pushed for too much when having a fill and paid the penalty of being overfilled or there are others who have had the 0.5ml or 0.25ml fill gently taking them up to their sweet spot and there are those that want to lose the weight for a purpose to fall pregnant, to have improved health, to regain their self esteem. So many reasons why we embark on this journey and all valid to us and so important especially for our loved ones to understand and acknowledge that we are drawing a line in our lives and wish to focus and achieve the one thing that is important to us losing weight, feeling happy in our our skin!

I still think I am going to get on the scales and see that I have gained it allback on again! I know what an idiot especially as I seem to be the other way and can't stop losing which is why I need to go for a small defill!

So happy that you have made such a positive decision for change in your life and wishing you a wondeful 2012. Bon chance!

Cx

Merci, x

I thought I would have a look at where I have lost the most inches over the last 18 months and these are the results. Total lost is 101.5 inchs all over.

Neck 2.75

Chest (Over) 16.75

Chest (Under) 10.5

Waist 15.75

Stomach 16.5

Hips 12.5

Leg Right 9.25

Leg Left 7.75

Arm Right 5.25

Arm Left 4.5

Have you kept a record of your weight and inch loss?

I also have my fill history aswell. So I will have a look and see if I can paste that aswell. I found this very motivational during the 12months I set myself to lose as much weight as possible and found it helpful to see where I was losing it and if there was a pattern.

Cx

Here goes as promised found my fill history and weight loss attached to it. Makes interesting reading Enjoy x

Total weight 123.5

30/07/10 - 23/09/10 up to 1st fill (0ml)

23/9/10 - 28/10/10 from 1st fill to 2nd fill (3ml)

28/10/10 - 10/3/11 from 2nd fill to 3rd fill (2ml)

10/3/11 - 5/5/11 from 3rd fill to 4th fill (0.5ml)

5th May 11 - present from 4th fill (0.5ml)

Pounds lost 123.5

Equivalent Kgs 56.1

Hi Guys

Been a long time since I have been on the site and have been doing well - now down to a very healthy size 14 and absolutely delighted. In the last 18 months I have dropped from a 24 and hardly recognise myself lol

I am really starting to struggle now with acid and reflux. I have been on Omeprazole now for about a month but has made no difference - Docs have now changed my medication to Lansoprazole at 40mg a day and still hoping it is gonna work. I am coping ok during the day however unable to eat hardly anything - a cup a Soup and a cracker and a few spoonsfuls at night. My main issue is when I go to bed at night - I keep waking through the night choking on bile/acid from my stomach - it is quite frightening and is causing me all sorts of problems - mainly I am worn out

Has anyone else had this happen before and how did you resolve it. I am thinking of having a slight defill in January when Doc Chris comes to Edinburgh but imagine that will be towards end of the month and I need some help now

Any ideas

Hope everyone has had a great Christmas

Kerry xx

Hi Guys

Been a long time since I have been on the site and have been doing well - now down to a very healthy size 14 and absolutely delighted. In the last 18 months I have dropped from a 24 and hardly recognise myself lol

I am really starting to struggle now with acid and reflux. I have been on Omeprazole now for about a month but has made no difference - Docs have now changed my medication to Lansoprazole at 40mg a day and still hoping it is gonna work. I am coping ok during the day however unable to eat hardly anything - a cup a Soup and a cracker and a few spoonsfuls at night. My main issue is when I go to bed at night - I keep waking through the night choking on bile/acid from my stomach - it is quite frightening and is causing me all sorts of problems - mainly I am worn out

Has anyone else had this happen before and how did you resolve it. I am thinking of having a slight defill in January when Doc Chris comes to Edinburgh but imagine that will be towards end of the month and I need some help now

Any ideas

Hope everyone has had a great Christmas

Kerry xx

Hello Kerry

Feel for you as I have suffered with a acid reflux on and off over the last few months sleeping upright or propped with a v pillow contemplated a defill but found eating earlier and avoiding acidic things helped. resorted to milk before bedcand creamy things.

As for cuppa Soup this is my daily life so can sympathise completely actually have started to eat more solids particularly over Christmas which i am pleased anout. Am planning to go and have a ml out in the new year

I do hope you get some resolve and have a happy new year. Take care Cx

Hi Guys Been a long time since I have been on the site and have been doing well - now down to a very healthy size 14 and absolutely delighted. In the last 18 months I have dropped from a 24 and hardly recognise myself lol I am really starting to struggle now with acid and reflux. I have been on Omeprazole now for about a month but has made no difference - Docs have now changed my medication to Lansoprazole at 40mg a day and still hoping it is gonna work. I am coping ok during the day however unable to eat hardly anything - a cup a Soup and a cracker and a few spoonsfuls at night. My main issue is when I go to bed at night - I keep waking through the night choking on bile/acid from my stomach - it is quite frightening and is causing me all sorts of problems - mainly I am worn out Has anyone else had this happen before and how did you resolve it. I am thinking of having a slight defill in January when Doc Chris comes to Edinburgh but imagine that will be towards end of the month and I need some help now Any ideas Hope everyone has had a great Christmas Kerry xx
Hi Guys Been a long time since I have been on the site and have been doing well - now down to a very healthy size 14 and absolutely delighted. In the last 18 months I have dropped from a 24 and hardly recognise myself lol I am really starting to struggle now with acid and reflux. I have been on Omeprazole now for about a month but has made no difference - Docs have now changed my medication to Lansoprazole at 40mg a day and still hoping it is gonna work. I am coping ok during the day however unable to eat hardly anything - a cup a soup and a cracker and a few spoonsfuls at night. My main issue is when I go to bed at night - I keep waking through the night choking on bile/acid from my stomach - it is quite frightening and is causing me all sorts of problems - mainly I am worn out Has anyone else had this happen before and how did you resolve it. I am thinking of having a slight defill in January when Doc Chris comes to Edinburgh but imagine that will be towards end of the month and I need some help now Any ideas Hope everyone has had a great Christmas Kerry xx

poor you kerry and you have done so well ive heard a few people with that acid it sounds horrible but alot of them have had a small defill and it has helped how much have you got in your band and can you eat much,mine seem's to have tightened all by itself lol take care xx

Thanks.

Yes, i have booked directly.

I understand that this is not an easy journey I am about to embark on. I envisage many difficulties along the way and am under no illusions that this will be a magic wand. I look at it as a tool to assist me on this journey and am prepared for all the ups and downs I experience along the way. thank you so much for your advice and words of encouragement. i really appreciate you taking the time to share your experiences and can only hope that in a years time I have been as successfull as you,

A, x

i booked directly too with europe surgery , through i don't think it matters where you book the price is the same and you get hotels. I was going to go the same week as you but i am just a little worried that i have not quite got enough money so i am holding back until i get all of it through, but i let you know if i am going to make it the same time as you because it would be nice to know someone from here there :) its great to hear from all u ladies!

i booked directly too with europe surgery , through i don't think it matters where you book the price is the same and you get hotels. I was going to go the same week as you but i am just a little worried that i have not quite got enough money so i am holding back until i get all of it through, but i let you know if i am going to make it the same time as you because it would be nice to know someone from here there smile.png its great to hear from all u ladies!

Good luck BTturkey hope the last minute saving goes well! Its well worth it maybe you can persuade someone in your family to borrow the last few euros's.

I use something called zantac for acid. i don't know if anyone else has tried it... its really good it shuts off the acid production in your stomach for a short time. I don't know what the active ingredients are maybe they are just Lansoprazole or Omeprazole but you can buy it over the counter in the pharmancy in the UK.I try and look on a packet and report back in the next few days. I think its brillant for acid especailly when i have a little bit of a hang over lol.

Good luck BTturkey hope the last minute saving goes well! Its well worth it maybe you can persuade someone in your family to borrow the last few euros's.

I use something called zantac for acid. i don't know if anyone else has tried it... its really good it shuts off the acid production in your stomach for a short time. I don't know what the active ingredients are maybe they are just Lansoprazole or Omeprazole but you can buy it over the counter in the pharmancy in the UK.I try and look on a packet and report back in the next few days. I think its brillant for acid especailly when i have a little bit of a hang over lol.

Hi just googled it and it seems to have a chemical called ranitidine in zantac maybe ask your doctor about it? or even just have a go because you can buy in from a pharmanist without perception. here is a link http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ranitidine

Scooby doo you done so well ! size 14 ! you must be very pleased with yourself ! Its so nice to hear how others are doing.

I am too losing weight slowly i have not gone for tightening the band too tight, but i still feel its working well for me. I never was able to have the 'stickabitity' to diets in the past, the more i thought about being on a diet the more hungery i felt. This is really the only way forward for me,its good to hear there are a few new people on here going for the band you will not regret it, it changes your life but for the better.

Can i ask how much food you can eat? large plate of food ? small plate? just to give me an idea of what i am letting myself in for? lol

HI btaturkey can eat a full plate of food but it is a small plate, it is up to you how tight you have the band but Dr Chris does advice you. I could go tighter but I am happy losing the weight slowly, taking it at my own pace.

i booked directly too with europe surgery , through i don't think it matters where you book the price is the same and you get hotels. I was going to go the same week as you but i am just a little worried that i have not quite got enough money so i am holding back until i get all of it through, but i let you know if i am going to make it the same time as you because it would be nice to know someone from here there smile.png its great to hear from all u ladies!

Would be great if you were to make it over at the same time! I shall keep you informed of my progress. Starting on low fat diet tomorrow, don't know how extreme it ought to be....the Americans/Austrailians seem to follow a 'milk' diet for the 2 weeks prior to surgery, did any of you ladies? Or did you just stick to a low fat, reduced calorie plan?

A, x

nice to see some newbies on here. I have 6ml in my 7ml band and it has been a long and difficult journey - anyone who tells you it is easy or cheating are completely wrong - this has been the most difficult thing I have ever done in my life.

On the plus side my Hubby now has a fab Size 14 wife to snuggle into, I have probably extended my life expectancy by about 15 years - stopped smoking, lost almost 100 lbs and have taken up hill walking and stuff - I hardly recognise myself anymore lol

Gonna get the boobs done this year and a Tummy Tuck if needed once at goal weight - it will be like being back with me when I was 16 for him again lol

Remember ask anything you like - us oldies have probably lived through it at some point, we were all like you less than 2 years ago

Will you have regrets and worries - absolutely - will it be worth it - TOTALLY

Even when you are sitting down to a family meal and all you can eat is a few spoonfuls of Soup - you will still feel awesome

Take Care

Kerry