Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Anyone know of Dr De Bruyne Chris

Hi everyone, haven't been on a while but love reading your stories.

Corkgal I'm booked for 20th Oct, flying from Dublin!! See you there!! I can't wait either.... Time to get thin yeehaa. Who r u takin? My Hubby and wee girl are going.

hiya i am bringing my fella, fingers crossed everything with go ok. i am having my operation on the 22nd. when is yours? nervous..,

one wierd question to those who have had it done, do they put in a catheter?:smile2:

hiya i am bringing my fella, fingers crossed everything with go ok. i am having my operation on the 22nd. when is yours? nervous..,

one wierd question to those who have had it done, do they put in a catheter?:smile2:

no they dont put in a catheter,you use a bed pan or if your fit enough you can go the loo,you have a drip in your arm and a drain comming from your stomach,which they take out the following morning glad you both have your op dates sorted out:rolleyes2:

I've been having that awful acidic feeling in my chest for a few days, think my Oesophagus is inflamed again.

My daughter told me to take a teaspoonful of vinegar cos apparently it tricks your stomach into thinking that there's already enough acid in your tum. Guess what it worked for me today, last time it didnt.

I've been having that awful acidic feeling in my chest for a few days, think my Oesophagus is inflamed again.

My daughter told me to take a teaspoonful of vinegar cos apparently it tricks your stomach into thinking that there's already enough acid in your tum. Guess what it worked for me today, last time it didnt.

What type of vinegar do you use? Think I need to try this my band is too tight and i can taste the acid in the back of my mouth at night and in the morning. Cant really eat anything at the moment but at least i'm losing weight.

glad you have found somthing that works hun is it apple cider vinegar you use,must remember these tips incase mine start after a coupl of fills lol:tongue_smilie:

What type of vinegar do you use? Think I need to try this my band is too tight and i can taste the acid in the back of my mouth at night and in the morning. Cant really eat anything at the moment but at least i'm losing weight.

hi si when did you get banded and what has your weight loss been like,and how many fill's you had soz for all the questions just like to no peep's stories x:smile2:

It was just the cheapo asda stuff, I have the acid again now, as soon as I eat.

Its horrid when your bands too tight, you dont have to suffer hun, get a bit taken out if it bothers you too much.

Good luck with the vinegar.

I find a teaspoon of honey sometimes works too.

Thanks Freckles ill try that I did try honey once before but that was horrendous cause it kept regurgitating.

I had awful acid reflux for a good few weeks and finally had a couple of defills a good 6-8 weeks ago. I'm so glad I did as it was just awful! I did get some med's from my doc but they didn't really help. The trouble is now my weight loss has pretty much stopped. I think I'll get another defill soon when I get into gear of say 1ml and have it put back in 2 weeks later. It should feel tighter (from past experience of having lots of fills and defills during and after pregnancy!) after that. I did speak to the nurse I see for fills and she said that would prob work.

I really wanted to lose another stone at least by Christmas but know I'm gonna need better restriction. I'm hungry and can eat a good amount even though I've got quite a lot in my band - :thumbup:. I have to look at photos before the op though and realise how far I've come. I've lost the best part of 7 stone which is amazing but I'm still over 12 and half stone. I suppose the last couple of stone is hardest to shift and I just wanna eat all the wrong things :smile2:

Freckles - did your daughter get banded? How is she? x

Good luck to all those being banded some or have recently had their op. It'll all be worth it in the end x

Thank you every one for your posts and positive feedback...Life can only get better!

Fatpants

Fatpants - just seen your post. That's amazing!!! Well done you x

Did you have any points where you could eat quite a lot even thoguh ur band had quite a lot in or were you lucky?

hi si when did you get banded and what has your weight loss been like,and how many fill's you had soz for all the questions just like to no peep's stories x

Hi slinx i was banded on Jan 5th at just under 17 stone and have lost just over 4 stone since then. So far iv had five fills the last of which has been far too severe tho and I think i'm gonna have to have some took out as soon as Freddie is back in manchester. Part of me wants to leave it cause i'm losing weight and not really hungry for the first time on my journey. I cant really eat anything much at the moment i cant even drink until the afternoon but i no its not really good and if I was in America the doctors would be going nuts and i really don't want a slipped band or damaged esophagus.

Hi Sammy so nice to see you here babe.

You have done so well!!!!! 7 stone!!!!! Thats bloody marvellous considering you've had a baby in between, so proud of you xxxx.

No, daughter's op is on 29th October, fingers crossed, all goes well.

I have gone from almost 17 stone to 13ST 2 lb so am quite happy, just want another stone and a bit more off, and then I'll be satisfied.

I know that this is a lifetime thing, I'll get to target and then have a de-fill and prolly put weight on, so will have to start over....not a nice thought, but at my age that is gonna happen.

Hi slinx i was banded on Jan 5th at just under 17 stone and have lost just over 4 stone since then. So far iv had five fills the last of which has been far too severe tho and I think i'm gonna have to have some took out as soon as Freddie is back in manchester. Part of me wants to leave it cause i'm losing weight and not really hungry for the first time on my journey. I cant really eat anything much at the moment i cant even drink until the afternoon but i no its not really good and if I was in America the doctors would be going nuts and i really don't want a slipped band or damaged esophagus.

well done sammy your weight loss is great,bet you look completley different now lol,si you have also done well im going for my second fill 21st oct cant wait,be your pleased your in the 12 stone area i will be so pleased if i get there xx

Just catchin up with everyone. Congratulations to all the new bandsters. Been banded myself 03/08/10 and am really pleased with weight loss so far-33lbs. Had my first fill but not desperate to hurry back as weight loss nice and steady and can eat most things. Not really much hunger pangs so am saving the fills for when I am really in need of one. Am really afraid of being overly tight so am on a go slow as far as fills concerned. Los of new peeps just startin out so welcome to the journey.:)

Hi Sammy so nice to see you here babe.

You have done so well!!!!! 7 stone!!!!! Thats bloody marvellous considering you've had a baby in between, so proud of you xxxx.

No, daughter's op is on 29th October, fingers crossed, all goes well.

I have gone from almost 17 stone to 13ST 2 lb so am quite happy, just want another stone and a bit more off, and then I'll be satisfied.

I know that this is a lifetime thing, I'll get to target and then have a de-fill and prolly put weight on, so will have to start over....not a nice thought, but at my age that is gonna happen.

Oh good luck to ur daughter. Is she going to Belgium for the op? U've done really well with weight loss. It's not always easy though is it? I seemed to go in fits and starts usually just after having a fill.

It's nearly 7 stone now I've lost - 94lb!! I just can't believe it. I really don't feel like I've lost that much and can't remember being my heaviest! Thankfully! :D

It's a bane this damned acid/reflux thing isn't it? I still get awful indigestion some nights but it's much better than it was but I'm not really losing weight :)