Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Anyone know of Dr De Bruyne Chris

yes well done :frown: its great to hear how you lot are getting on who have had the band fitted already. it makes me feel loads more like going! i keep getting cold feet about the whole thing tis a bit scary ! but i really need to loss the weight and two stone sounds fantastic.

can you tell me do you feel hungery with the band?you would think you still do because you can't eat harding anything????:tt1:

I've heard of Dr Marc, I'm sure I spoke to a lady in Manchester fills, she said he was the only surgeon around atm that would fit Bands if you only had a 25 bmi.

She had dieted all her life to stay slim and was sick of it, so he is the fella to see apparently. I remember thinking about my size 12 daughter who has a BMI of 25 and wants a band for the same reason.

Good on Vanessa.

not sure i agree with people having gastric bands when there BMI is only 25. its a bit low isn't it? most people this weight could just go on a diet and lose the weight! does not sound like a good idea to me.

yes good on vanessa for going public ...i do think beligum has got a great name for its self with bands . i wonder why? :tt1:

Janninne i have just read the second half of your post. i think people do go on there own because i asked bridget about it. but if not maybe try and pair up with some of the rest of us who are going? it might be a bit stressful i guess on your own. but maybe your a brave women and used to doing stuff on your own?

anyway if i can't go with someone i am just going to go for it its all will worth it;))

Thanks for that and no Im not the type to do things on my own but maybe nows the time to change!!!!! :tt1:

Have emailed Frederick and will give him a few days to get back otherwise will book via Bridget as I just want to sort this out now. But am I right that the price via Bridget doesnt include hotels etc so I would have to sort this out myself?

I had an interesting discussion with my bank today re the international transfer. I was advised that there may be a charge by the bank in Belgium. Has anyone else been charged for transferring funds into the account details given by Frederik? Happy with the £24.00 UK end charge.

Very excited now just want money to transfer (next Wednesday) and then I know we are all go for going on the 29th July and having the procedure on the 30th. Ohh bring it on! No second thoughts here at all.:tt1:

i bet everyone is friendly. we are all going though this together...its a bit scary really. for me if i am being honest knowing that i will have to give up eating lots of food. i do comfort eat, and its like when your on a diet its you who desides what you eat and if you have had a bad day

Hi Jane

Honestly dont worry I was also a huge comfort eater but to be honest once i had the op I started to eat healthier i think i paid so much for the op that i knew i couldn't blow it and dont worry about giving things up Im good all week but do have a treat on the weekend and find i can still eat everything i ate before apart from fresh bread, honestly it was the best decision i ever made and 2 months on im 21lb down and feel so much better in my self going for another fill thuirs so hope the weight will start coming off again then best of luck on ur journey i promise u wont regret it

Julie x

Hi Jane

Honestly dont worry I was also a huge comfort eater but to be honest once i had the op I started to eat healthier i think i paid so much for the op that i knew i couldn't blow it and dont worry about giving things up Im good all week but do have a treat on the weekend and find i can still eat everything i ate before apart from fresh bread, honestly it was the best decision i ever made and 2 months on im 21lb down and feel so much better in my self going for another fill thuirs so hope the weight will start coming off again then best of luck on ur journey i promise u wont regret it

Julie x

thanks that makes me feel better, i think you are right i have saved up for months for this and now i have to just stick with it and try and make it happen for me and lose the weight. giving up bread must be hard??is there anything else you have to give up?

hi janninne, the price is the same whoever you book with, fredrick has just employed bridget to answer the phone in england. he probably just does not have time to answer the calls himself..if you look back though the forum you will see everyone says it takes him ages to anwers the emails and phone,just call bridget on 02081444254 and ask her about the package, i got everything for the same price as everyone else on here.i got to talk to her for a while and she just goes though everything and tells you its ok to call anytime.

let us all know when you book it would be great to see a few of us out there together.i bet there are more people than us lot going we are just the internet writers loads of people don't want to write on the internet about stuff, like having a gastic band, they want to keep it quite.

i agree with that just call bridget (europesurgery.co.uk) and ask her about the package and she will sort you out the same as everyone else. its just great to have someone you can call and answer all your questions here in the uk, and she answers the phone.

i think banks charge to do international transfers, it did not work out as much when i paid the deposit.just just one of those things with booking abroad. but its well worth it, the whole package works out loads cheaper than in the UK. you know some companies are charging 1500 pounds for aftercare here. you only have to pay 90 each time you go with chris loads better, at least you don't have save it all up in one go it would just be too expensive for me.

it is hard thinking that you will not just be able to eat whenever you want but i am just sick of being fat!!

i am finding it alright to diet at the moment ...trying to stick to the low fat diet. I think it does something like reduce the size of your liver down so that its easier to operate.

The sun really helps i just don't feel like eating that much just salads really they can't have that much fat in them

i am finding it alright to diet at the moment ...trying to stick to the low fat diet. I think it does something like reduce the size of your liver down so that its easier to operate.

The sun really helps i just don't feel like eating that much just salads really they can't have that much fat in them

yes i been eating loads of salad. my kichen is being fitted and its soo hard to cook anything. I think you just have to watch stuff like cheese on it and of couse Salad Dressing full of fat. The only thing is i feel hungery after a salad within a few hours...oh well its all in a good course!

Hi all

Hope everyone is well, and welcome to all the newbies waiting to be banded.

I had my 3rd fill on the 24 June and my god has this last week been a learning curve. I have had backing up and sickness even after just one dunked rich tea, mash potato and my trusty crispbakes.

I was obviously aware that this could happen but didnt think it would still happen with smooth, mushy foods.

I have to say though that bringing it up is better than suffering the awful pain, so I wish I had done this when I had an incident on bournemouth beach a few weeks ago. I was crying it hurt so much and could get my breath, but at least I now know what my band and body is telling me.

And I also can't eat in the morning but having read Gary's post now know that this is normal.

The scales are changing every other day which is fabulous, although I don't really seem to be noticeably losing inches like I did when I was on the Cambridge diet last year, but I know it will come, so so glad I done this.

Have a great weekend everyone, Mr Sun has made a comeback xx :thumbup:

Hi every one

I am having my band fitted on 6th July and can't wait. I have been reading all the comment and i think they are great. I am travelling on my own and I went with europesurgery. After reading about the package I e-mailed Bridget and she said it was an offer they were doing at the moment, so she said that i would be reinbust for the hotel, and I'm still waiting to hear about the taxis. Well done to every one who has lost SO much weight I cant wait till that is me:thumbup:

hi janninne, the price is the same whoever you book with, fredrick has just employed bridget to answer the phone in england. he probably just does not have time to answer the calls himself..if you look back though the forum you will see everyone says it takes him ages to anwers the emails and phone,just call bridget on 02081444254 and ask her about the package, i got everything for the same price as everyone else on here.i got to talk to her for a while and she just goes though everything and tells you its ok to call anytime.

let us all know when you book it would be great to see a few of us out there together.i bet there are more people than us lot going we are just the internet writers loads of people don't want to write on the internet about stuff, like having a gastic band, they want to keep it quite.

I understand it now I thought they were two completly different companies dooh

Hi every one

I am having my band fitted on 6th July and can't wait. I have been reading all the comment and i think they are great. I am travelling on my own and I went with europesurgery. After reading about the package I e-mailed Bridget and she said it was an offer they were doing at the moment, so she said that i would be reinbust for the hotel, and I'm still waiting to hear about the taxis. Well done to every one who has lost SO much weight I cant wait till that is me:thumbup:

welldone twlight taking this on by yourself,you will have to tell us how you got on are you flying,driving,or taking the train,anyway goodluck hun you will be in safe hands,i'll be thinking of ya:thumbup:

hi what dates are you going happyflower and jane :thumbup: