Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Anyone know of Dr De Bruyne Chris

Hi Everyone, havent been on here in a long time, there are so many new people joining that I'm losing track! Was wondering if anyone knows what the dates are for Manchester for June & July? FRECKLES, can i pick your brains please, as I seem to remember that you went on some long-haul flights some time ago? Can you tell me how much you had taken out of your band before flying, or what you would recommend? Reason being, I've been lucky enough to win a 5 day holiday to Thailand, and I believe the flight is at least 11 hour's! As I have 7mls in and quite good restriction, I'm getting a bit worried! I'd be grateful if anyone can advise...................Kath x

Hi kath, how lucky are you!!! well done hunny on your win.

I had 61/2 mls in and had 3 taken out. didnt have any tightening of the band that affected my enjoyment, but I did fly to Hong Kong, then to Singapore, Kuala Lumpar and then on to Australia, a lot of flying, did 10 flights in 3 weeks.

but i could eat and drink at the same time, only small meals but it was great to be able to eat normally. I loved it and didnt put on any weight.

Have a fab time kath xxxx

Send a mail to chris deprez he'll know the dates, its usually within the first couple of weeks of the month.

Edited by Freckles

Hi kath, how lucky are you!!! well done hunny on your win.

I had 61/2 mls in and had 3 taken out. didnt have any tightening of the band that affected my enjoyment, but I did fly to Hong Kong, then to Singapore, Kuala Lumpar and then on to Australia, a lot of flying, did 10 flights in 3 weeks.

but i could eat and drink at the same time, only small meals but it was great to be able to eat normally. I loved it and didnt put on any weight.

Have a fab time kath xxxx

Send a mail to chris deprez he'll know the dates, its usually within the first couple of weeks of the month.

Thanks for the reply Freckles, can I just ask, did you have to pay the same amount to have some taken out, then again , to have a re-fill? Thanks, Kath x

Feckles thanks for that. I've heard so many negatives from others (who hav'nt been banded) your comments help.

Like you and prob all ofthe people on this site I've tried every diet out there the cabbage Soup was the worst (wind) lol. Now I need something to suport me so I stop yoyo-ing.

You're very welcome girls. Yes kath I had to pay £90 to have 3mls out and then £90 to put it back in.But Freddyboy is very fair, because he couldnt get the 3 back in the first time I went back, he told me if it wasnt enough then he would do the next fill free of charge.

Which Chris deprez did. Then when i went in may with my daughter (her appointment) Freddy asked how i was getting along. i told him I was having acid reflux every night again. He said I'll take some out for you as its not good for your health to have the reflux.

I said to him that I didnt have another £90 and he said he didnt expect me to pay again and did it for free.

So to me he is a good guy and it proves they do care about their patients and and not just in the game for the money. My opinion anyway.

Sher, people will always try to put you off, sometimes I think maybe they feel threatened because they know you will be slim and beautiful, and some people cant handle the competition.

Go with your gut feeling, dont listen to anyone, if this is what you want after trying everything else then do it to please yourself, after all its your body and more importantly, its your life, make the best of it.

I've come to the conclusion that I am eating too many calories, not in the way of meals, cos I just cant get much down at all. But I eat French Fries (crisps) and eat chocolate and peanuts.

So am going to change all of this and see what happens.

I am sooo greedy. We're going out tonight to the pub and then for a curry, with friends, I can never eat more than one pappadom, never mind a damn meal, but the smell is so gorgeous I love going, even though it kills me watching them all scoffing :(

Well, It's a week since I had my first fill. I had 3ml put in. My weight seems to have slowed right down, but I think that is normal (I Hope!!!). At least I am not putting on any weight and I seem to have lost inches. I can't believe how well I feel.

For those out there who are getting negative responses off 'friends', just remember that you are doing this for YOU, not them. I didn't tell anyone I was having my band done for that reason. I didn't want anyone getting into my head. I have told a few people since, and their inital response was 'what did you do that for?'. But as the weeks have gone on, they can see how happy I am.

I still struggle sometimes trying to find things to eat. I don't want to fall into the trap of sticking to one type of food or end up eating the wrong types of food. I have been making my own Soups and smoothies, so at least I am getting some goodness into me.

Hi Karob

Your right about negative people- I am keeping this very close to home there are only 3 people and the whole of the forum lol that know i'm doing this. I have done lots of reseach and think this is right for me. I dont think this is a quick fix.

can you tell me how long you spent at the hotel as I will booking a room for 26/7 Ta

Hi Karob

Your right about negative people- I am keeping this very close to home there are only 3 people and the whole of the forum lol that know i'm doing this. I have done lots of reseach and think this is right for me. I dont think this is a quick fix.

can you tell me how long you spent at the hotel as I will booking a room for 26/7 Ta

Hi Sher

You need to book 3 nights. If you have anyone with you, they just stay in the hotel while you are in hospital. Are you not going with the package? The hotel is booked for you and taxi fares to and from the airport and the hospital are included.

You arrive the day before your operation and stay in the hotel. The day of the operation, you go to the hospital at 7am and they do tests. Depending on what time your op is at, you just spend the rest of the day waiting. I was lucky to get a private room, but generally the other rooms have 3 beds in them. I just watched telly until it was time for me to go to the OR. (Channel 19 is BBC1).

After the op, you spend some time in recovery and then you are brought back to your room. I think I was only gone for 3 hours. They put you straight onto oxygen and you are on it until the next morning. I think it helps with sickness, 'cause I never felt sick or didn't have the pain from the gas.

The next morning they take out the drain and get you up out of bed to walk around. You get something to eat at 12.30 and you get discharged back to the hotel at 2pm. You spend the rest of the day in the hotel and then you fly home the following day.

If you need anymore info, just ask.

K

Hi Karob

hi sher you have to stay in hotel on 28th as well or dr chris wont operate on you,if you have bought the package hotel is included hun:wink2:

Hi Sher

You need to book 3 nights. If you have anyone with you, they just stay in the hotel while you are in hospital. Are you not going with the package? The hotel is booked for you and taxi fares to and from the airport and the hospital are included.

You arrive the day before your operation and stay in the hotel. The day of the operation, you go to the hospital at 7am and they do tests. Depending on what time your op is at, you just spend the rest of the day waiting. I was lucky to get a private room, but generally the other rooms have 3 beds in them. I just watched telly until it was time for me to go to the OR. (Channel 19 is BBC1).

After the op, you spend some time in recovery and then you are brought back to your room. I think I was only gone for 3 hours. They put you straight onto oxygen and you are on it until the next morning. I think it helps with sickness, 'cause I never felt sick or didn't have the pain from the gas.

The next morning they take out the drain and get you up out of bed to walk around. You get something to eat at 12.30 and you get discharged back to the hotel at 2pm. You spend the rest of the day in the hotel and then you fly home the following day.

If you need anymore info, just ask.

K

hi karob you've done great,how was your pain when you were leaving to go home,and is there any english channel on tv in hotel room thanks:huh2:

Yeh I agree with Carrie, why bother having diet drinks, apart from the cost, its just not worth it babe.

I take those Bassets chewy Vitamins, they taste lovely and never have trouble getting them down, tip for all you losers.

hi strangers. I thought it was about time I surfaced and had a word with you all. Well three months post op and things

are doing ok. Paid a visit to see Chris this afternoon in Manchester to have my 2nd fill. Missed it last month as I was sunning

myself in turkey. I got my scars tanned now lol. Anyway the weight had plateaued for the last 4 weeks which was ok as at least

I did not add any on which I suppose is a good thing really. Managed a full 2ml fill today to top me up to 5ml. I must admit I felt

it react almost immediately with drinking Water. Having a nice milkshake for tea! Anyway here we go on a kick start to more loss

and see how the next four weeks go to see how effective it was. Hope all my old friends are doing ok and to all those newbies

good luck. Paul

Regarding the vomiting, I personally do vomit a lot when I've had a couple of mouthfuls of each meal.... it's like at first it just WON'T go down, no matter how slowly I chew and how long I wait before my next mouthful. However, don't let this put you off, it's not like real vomiting as it isn't coming back up from your stomach... just what's sat in your throat and has nowhere to go, kinda like regurgitation (if that's how you spell it!).

Please don't let it put you off though, everyone is different and you may not have the same problems as me. Also once I have vomited that little bit and waited a few minutes, I can normally go on to eating a reasonable amount of my meal. I do struggle with certain foods after my third fill, but I'm still so unbelievably happy I had it done!

I hit the 2 stone weight loss marker today and actually jumped around my bathroom with joy! I know this is now proper weight loss happening and not just that initial loss of Water retention etc you get in the first couple of weeks of a diet. People are starting to notice I'm looking smaller and I'm now only 3.4 BMI's away from being just "overweight" instead of obese!!

Better late than never to reply jojo. But WELL DONE my dear what acheivement and a milestone. I am half a stone and a month behind you chasing like mad!! Paul