Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Anyone know of Dr De Bruyne Chris

Hi all

hope u all had a nice weekend, Im going to Brussels 2morrow, feel sick with worries. I know u guys will say nothing to worry about but I cant help it wish it was over and done with.

Just want to thank WANNABE SLINKY for her packing tips it was great help.

Well done to WEIGHTTOGO you done it.

Ok guys pray for me to come back to a new life of being slim lol.

Forgot to say lost 6lb altogether on pre op diet. could of done better but cheated a bit on the last week was getting bored of eating rabbit food lol.

Hi Jasmine

Best of luck for the operation - you will be absolutely fine - every single one of us went through the same feeling of fear, panic and what if that your going through right now but I promise you will receive the best possible care and will be fine.

Remember this is the start of the journey to your new life and will be completely worth it

Look forward to hearing from you when you get back

Kerry xx

Hi all

Well I'm back home now, and 2 days post op. I can't believe I did it!

The recovery room was so frightening I thought I was dying! I hadnt realised that I was choking because they were removing the breathing tube from my mouth, I just remember the feeling of not being able to breathe and that I was taking short sharp breathes in. It scared the life out of me!!

Then I was freezing cold and shivering ,ike mad, and I was given one of those inflatable heated blanket thing,s which sorted me rtight out. But although I could barely keep my eyes open I was too afraid to close them for long becuase I was convinced I wouldnt wake up (the choking feeling scared me!!)

The whole time I was lying there wishing I hadnt gone though with it purely becuase I was so frightened during rovery period. But I was so glad to realise I was 'coming to' and could go back to my room.

My partner came with me and he was just superb, I couldnt wish for a better bloke. He did everything for me. I was desperate for a pee and I couldnt move for the pain so he put a bedpan under me, then took it away, then put it back we went on like this for a good 2 hours.

Eventually I said I would just have to try and get to the loo, he pretty much carried me to the loo, and after much ooohhing and ahhhing I managed a little widdle haha.

And then he went to the shop to find me some yoghurt and came back with some beautiful Svarowski earrings (aswell as yoghurt btw)

He's changed all my dressings for me and done my injections. As well as driving 6 hours today to get me home in one piece.

Well so far I am bruised to hell and still quite sore, and can feel the pulling on the port side just as others have described (which makes me feel a bit relieved tbh).

Yesterday 1 day post op I ate some Soup, and a yoghurt and a fair bit of Water.

Today I've had a bowl of soup, milk, yoghurt, and I thought I'd tried some baby food - its surprisingly tasty.

I'm going to book for my 1st fill on May 4th in London.

Hi WTG

Glad you have made it back in one piece and everything is fine. I was the same as you desperate for a wee and found it impossible to go on a bed pan - think it must be a psychological thing - not peeing the bed lol!!!

Remember to keep your Fluid levels up otherwise you will get sore head and your skin will look like that of a 90 year old....

I am now just over 3 weeks post op and stuck to liquids/mush for a week but have managed solid food since then - I can't eat bread though or tuna but have managed everything else ok - I have lost 16 lbs post op so far so am delighted but it has definetly slowed down - 1st fill on 22nd April should help. Just bought myself an exercise bike and cross trainer and gonna start doing 30 mins on each a day to try and help get the weight moving

Keep us posted with your progress

Kerry xx

Bless all you newly banded folk, you wont regret it.

I didnt have any restriction really until my 3rd fill, so dont worry that its not working.

The cider vinegar was only just over a quid in Hollands and Barretts:lol: you crank.

My appointment is at 2pm on thursday, I think I only need .5 ml in to get me to my sweet spot, so here's hoping.:smile2:

WTG your hubby is a star, thats what everyone needs, is he for hire?:(

I dont know why you needed bedpans, I managed to go the loo and I'm an old lady:laugh: and dont foget it was my second band.

I gave up smoking the day of the 'op and stopped until June, then stupidly started again.

I didnt lose any weight at all and blamed that.

I think I will be buying that book, thanx so much for the info.

Hope to see you 2 on thursday:biggrin:

Jasmine we all worry like that, it will be over before you know it babe xx

Thought I'd post a piccy of my grandaughter Gabrielle, she's now 7 months, has 7 teeth, can sit up and says Da da and BA ba...they're so cute aint they.

P1000237.jpg

P1000244.jpg

Hi all

hope u all had a nice weekend, Im going to Brussels 2morrow, feel sick with worries. I know u guys will say nothing to worry about but I cant help it wish it was over and done with.

Forgot to say lost 6lb altogether on pre op diet. could of done better but cheated a bit on the last week was getting bored of eating rabbit food lol.

Good luck, Jasmine you will be fine x

Hi Kerry

I am the same as you I feel an indigestion like pain if I eat maybe a little too fast or choose something that doesnt go down too well. Anyway I guess we will see the difference when we get our first fill, mines on 8 April. I now know that as my insides have repaired themselves and everything is "normal" that I can eat normally as such, but thankfully in smaller quantities, which sometime makes me feel hungry a few hours later as I only eat a small portion at one sitting. I took my poor starving (ha ha ) wife out to dinner this evening I only manage 3/4 of a portion of chcken breast and half a baked potatoe and a fork full of peas, some something seems to be working, mind you bless her she tucked into an Easter special full turkey roast and loved it, and finished before I did too. Seems I am doing the right thing and eating slowly or by heck I feel it!

My weight seems to be on a plateau few ounces up n down each day, but we're past the first stone marker and I can't wait until it starts again, maybe after Thursday when I go back to liquids after my fill will give it a kick start... I hope so any way. Next stop my Sons wedding on 8th May then off for a well earned week "Self Catering" in the sun in Turkey on 10th May. Looking forward to both so much.

My wounds are all nearly healed up now, but still feel the old port reminding me its there regularliy especially in bed ...ouch:ohmy:

Would anyone please let me know what to expect to feel like after fill number one, so I know what to expect?

Thanks and take care everyone.

Paul

Banded on 9th March 2010

weight.png

Your first fill is normally quite aggressive so about 3mls or so, you should feel restriction for a while because of the amount they put in but do not be surprised if it only lasts a few weeks or so x

Hi all

good luck hun you will be fine cant wait to hear how you get on talk soon:thumbup:

for all the ones that want to quit smoking i quit after smoking for 25 years,4 years ago all my sister were quitting so i joined in didnt use nothing and just stopped with no probs and dont miss it wonder were i got the money from though lol,ps my sis still smoke but my brother went on them champix or champax tablets to stop and he hast quit for 8 months now so it depends on what ya want to try,

:smile2:

Good luck Jasmine, cant wait for May 4th for my turn. Well done to all who have been banded cant wait to be one of you.

Got my appointment for 2nd fill, 1pm Thursday so I should definitely still be there when you get there Paul, and possibly still be around for Freckles getting there too.

I have a question about a recent discussion regarding restriction. How does it feel to have proper restriction? I currently don't think I have it.... I can eat as much as I like so long as I eat REALLY slowly, some things take longer to go down than others. For instance, if I'm eating chicken, it tends to back up after 3 or 4 well chewed mouthfuls, but once I let that pass, I can eat as much of it as I like. The only way I can think of to describe it is that my band feels like it is completely closed at first, but once the first bit of food pushes it open, I can eat like normal.

I think what I'm trying to ask is, should I be stopping eating as soon as I get that first backed up feeling? If so, I can't imagine getting enough nutrition to get me through a day if I'm honest, 3 meals a day of 3 or 4 small mouthfuls of food doesn't seem right to me.

Edited by jojo33
Can't spell!

for all the ones that want to quit smoking i quit after smoking for 25 years,4 years ago all my sister were quitting so i joined in didnt use nothing and just stopped with no probs and dont miss it wonder were i got the money from though lol,ps my sis still smoke but my brother went on them champix or champax tablets to stop and he hast quit for 8 months now so it depends on what ya want to try,

:)

Hi All

this is a question for everyone really y does it say if u smoke u should try and stop or cut right down before the op ??? cause dunno how i;ll manage to diet and worry about the op without my ciggie lol, although i do plan to give up once i know i cant put on weight lol, first day of pre op diet today and all i can think about is food it's drivin me nuts, anyone else being banded on 20th april???

Juliex

Hi Jasmine

Best of luck for the operation - you will be absolutely fine - every single one of us went through the same feeling of fear, panic and what if that your going through right now but I promise you will receive the best possible care and will be fine.

Remember this is the start of the journey to your new life and will be completely worth it

Look forward to hearing from you when you get back

Kerry xx

Hi Jasmine

You won't need luck my dear, all you need is Chris and his brilliant team to help you to a being a better you. I am well on the way now 4 wks post Op tomorrow and already 1st 2.5lbs lighter, and smiling all the way.

Take care and enjoy the trip. x

Paul

Banded on 9th March 2010

weight.png

Your first fill is normally quite aggressive so about 3mls or so, you should feel restriction for a while because of the amount they put in but do not be surprised if it only lasts a few weeks or so x

Hi Carriejess,

Thats what I would love to have happen, time will tell though. So thanks for the reply.

Just one small thing my dear CONGRATS, brilliant to hear your going to be what I would class as a s "Yummy Mummy", well done to you both.:)

Next stop Manchester for fill number 1, mind you I suppose it's a good thing it may last a short while, it will give me time to get a little more off, then I can go on my holiday looking better, and get my scars tanned too lol!

Regards Paul

Banded on 9th March 2010

weight.png

Thought I'd post a piccy of my grandaughter Gabrielle, she's now 7 months, has 7 teeth, can sit up and says Da da and BA ba...they're so cute aint they.

P1000237.jpg

P1000244.jpg

Hi Freckles,

Cute is an understatement and I am a little jealous of that lil girl....why you ask?? Coz she has more hair than I do!!! :)

You must be so proud of her

Paul

Banded on 9th March 2010

weight.png

Got my appointment for 2nd fill, 1pm Thursday so I should definitely still be there when you get there Paul, and possibly still be around for Freckles getting there too.

I have a question about a recent discussion regarding restriction. How does it feel to have proper restriction? I currently don't think I have it.... I can eat as much as I like so long as I eat REALLY slowly, some things take longer to go down than others. For instance, if I'm eating chicken, it tends to back up after 3 or 4 well chewed mouthfuls, but once I let that pass, I can eat as much of it as I like. The only way I can think of to describe it is that my band feels like it is completely closed at first, but once the first bit of food pushes it open, I can eat like normal.

I think what I'm trying to ask is, should I be stopping eating as soon as I get that first backed up feeling? If so, I can't imagine getting enough nutrition to get me through a day if I'm honest, 3 meals a day of 3 or 4 small mouthfuls of food doesn't seem right to me.

Hi JO

NO your not there yet, it is a good habit to attain to stop as soon as you feel it sticking as when you are properly restricted then by god you will know about it and if you feel it sticking and are still chewing then you have went to far. Its amazing how you adapt to not eating much dont get me wrong some days i am hungry and just cant eat others you have to force yourself to eat or you do feel weak. When restrcited if tight you will be lucky to be able to eat chicken or any meat, i have found frozen chicken from asda either raw or the cooked stuff 400g bad when cooked is very very tender and can slip easier, so defo one to try as I had just normal chicken breast yesterday and just could not get it down. I tend to live of rice and sauce with a little chicken, and surprisingly you done get bored.

Gx