Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Anyone know of Dr De Bruyne Chris

Thanks Kerry. I didn't realise he did packages. When my daughter had hers done 4 years ago we did everything seperately.

Hi

I'm hoping to get banded with Dr De Bruyne in May. I was quoted 3800 Euros just for the band, 4150 for the package. I was just wondering if anyone could give me some advise about fills. I understand that the Dr charges £100 per fill. How many am I likely to need or is that an impossible question to answer (lol). I have looked at the WLS website and see that they do aftercare packages which includes unlimited fills

£345 for 6 months, £695 for 12 months etc. What should i do?!

Any advise would be really appreciated. There is so much to think about!:frown:

Many thanks

Lindsay

Hi

I'm hoping to get banded with Dr De Bruyne in May. I was quoted 3800 Euros just for the band, 4150 for the package. I was just wondering if anyone could give me some advise about fills. I understand that the Dr charges £100 per fill. How many am I likely to need or is that an impossible question to answer (lol). I have looked at the WLS website and see that they do aftercare packages which includes unlimited fills

£345 for 6 months, £695 for 12 months etc. What should i do?!

Any advise would be really appreciated. There is so much to think about!:frown:

Many thanks

Lindsay

Hi lindsay the package you get for the six months is good for the fact this will be when you will need the most fills in the first six months to get you to your restriction.Financially it works out alot cheaper and the care you get off Wendy and her man Steve is second to none i dont think you will hear anyone who has been with Wendy say a bad word about them.I felt as if she gave me alot of time the first time i went to see her as i had loads of questions to ask as she is very knowledgeable about it.

On the other hand alot of people like to go to dr chris and freddy as they feel more confident going to the people that have done the op in case there is any problems.Hope this helps

Thanx so much Shoes, Garry and Homecare...I will try to get more in.

It's really annoying, cos i cant drink anything until at least an hour after eating, or vice versa for that matter does anyone else have this?

I am hungry all the time too :frown:

Hi freckles i have a simalar problem where i struggel with liquids that if i drink them to quick i bring it back up .After i eat a meal it usualy takes about 15 minutes before i can drink and i have too just take tiny sips to make sure the food has passed my band or it will just act like a blocked drain and usualy comes back up.

Personally I would not dream of using a third party filler like wls. If they were to puncture your port or tubung you have no comeback. If chris's team puncture it they repair it for free. If you got to wls you could invalidate your warranty :-)

Hiya everyone, havent been on for ages but still reading all your posts when I get 5 minutes. Congratulations CarrieJess, I'm made up for you, the baby is fantastic news, keep us posted on your journey ?

Bo, I was reading about you having difficulty with fluids after a meal, I too kinda get that. I dont feel Im at restriction yet, because if I eat slowly and small bites I can eat anything I want and quantity but if I rush or try to eat more normally, it backs up and I have to get rid of all the saliva that is sitting ontop of the food I just ate. Is that restriction & should I stop eating cus at the moment I get rid of the Fluid and finish what Im eating10mins later.........surely that cant be right ??

I've got 7.75ml in my band at the moment and due to go for a fill on 11th April. I suppose I dont know what Im suppose to be feeling but previously I have felt fuller but this past week I have been able to eat far too much food and have now put on 3lbs !!!! I'm so confused especially when some of you say you can only eat 4 spoonfulls or a few crackers, I feel like Im having to restrict myself all the time....Can you help ??

Sue x

Hi starsky yes it is restriction to a certain extent.I think you have to find a happy medium to what you think restriction is i have been to the stage were i can only eat a few mouth fulls i did not like the feeling of me backing up after a few mouthfulls and i dont think thats healthy anyway.Like Gary says to freckles that her body is in to starvation mode and you dont relay loose weight when this happens.When i get to the stage were the food starts backing up and the saliva starts to come up thats my sign to say my band has had enough so i stop eating.There is nothing i cant eat now that i did not eat before the band just smaller portions.Don't get me wrong sometimes when the saliva and the backed up feeling goes away i will go back to what i was eating but most of the time i just leave it as by the time it goes away i have lost the notion or the foods cold.

Allot of my restriction is self restriction the bands only a tool to help me along the way.I would get a little put in but make sure you don't get to much because it is a horrible feeling if you are to tight as a few folk on here would tell you.

Thanks Bobo for your reply. Its reasuring to hear that you get the same problems as me and it is restriction of sorts. I need to get my head around portion sizes again and what the band it telling me and above all to stop eating when I get backed up. Maybe my next fill will get me closer, I will wait and see.

Im really annoyed with myself as I was doing really well on smaller portions but this last 2wks Ive gone to pot, cus I know I can pretty much eat normally if I eat small mouthfuls, so that needs to stop !

If you have any more tips, please let me know.

Thanks again Bobo.

S x

No problems starky.A little tip for you get rid of all your big plates that you have in the house and start eating off a side plate.It was the best thing i done .We had very large plates and the natural thing to do is fill the plate up so you tend to eat more if its on your plate.So our plates went under the stairs and we bought 8 side plates .At the start the kids were complaining about their portion size but now they dont even notice the difference and by cutting their portion size down hopefully the wont have the same problems as i have had with my weight.

You just need to say to yourself thats enough is enough and get back on track.Hope this helps bobo x

No problems starky.A little tip for you get rid of all your big plates that you have in the house and start eating off a side plate.It was the best thing i done .We had very large plates and the natural thing to do is fill the plate up so you tend to eat more if its on your plate.So our plates went under the stairs and we bought 8 side plates .At the start the kids were complaining about their portion size but now they dont even notice the difference and by cutting their portion size down hopefully the wont have the same problems as i have had with my weight.

You just need to say to yourself thats enough is enough and get back on track.Hope this helps bobo x

Hi Bobo & Starsky, couldn't have said it better myself Bobo i was getting that uncomfortable feeling to when the saliva starts you have to stop eating or your going to be in trouble, it wasn't so much as a full feeling but very uncomfortable feeling in my throat more restriction then a full feeling you have to be realistic about the band it is only a tool, i think Starscky you have good restriction be very carefull because i was like you with the saliva coming up and got another fill if you look back a few pages you can see what happened to me not a very nice experience i was still confused thought i should have a full feeling thats why i had another fill but with me is more an uncomfortable feeling i think thats the way the band is going to work for me but on a good note you should'nt feel hungry when you are at your sweet spot this is just my experience, Bobo right about small plate when you get that feeling just bin whats on your plate till your next meal i find home made Soup great hope this is of some help x:smile2:

Edited by shoes

Hey Guys

I am now 3 weeks post op and things have been ok - over last day or so my port site has been quite painful and feels like its pulling - is this normal ??

I have also been having problems swallowing saliva but only first thing in the morning - again whats this?

Thanks

Kerry

Hey Guys

I am now 3 weeks post op and things have been ok - over last day or so my port site has been quite painful and feels like its pulling - is this normal ??

I have also been having problems swallowing saliva but only first thing in the morning - again whats this?

Thanks

Kerry

Hi kerry it is normal for the port area to be painfull and quite tight and you will get a pulling feeling .This is just your port bedding in to your skin and when your moving or turning it will be tugging at this part of the skin causing the pain .Once it is totally bedded in the discomfort will stop.

I have a problem in the morning will swallowing anything as the day goes on it eases off.This is because during the night your band relaxes and goes back to its original size and by the morning it will be tight and as you are not putting anything in there and as the day goes on and you eat it will slightly stretch.

Hi Carriejess CONGRATULATIONS, I hope your keeping well, my daughter put on 1 stone during her pregnancy, but sprung straight back to her pre pregnancy weight within a week of having baby, and now that she is re-filled is lossing even more. Good luck on this next step in your life, when are you due?.

Hey thank you!

Did your daughter have Fluid taken out of her band? How does it work when the baby is bigger, can you still find the port? I dont think i have a problem with my fill level at the moment but i am worried that i am not getting enough Water in comparison to how thirsty i am! I do my own fills which i know alot of people dont agree with but its my choice to do. Do you think i am better off taking everything out and just leaving it empty until after the baby is born?

Thanks for all your help xxx

Hello everyone thanks for all your well wishes...baby is due at the beginning of November x