Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Anyone know of Dr De Bruyne Chris

Thanks again JoJo for your advice.

You where starting back to work this week, is that right? How'd you get on ? Ok I hope. I am on my feet all day in work so thought it would be best to book the following week off.

I look forward to reading all your progress. Keep up the good work.

:confused:

Thanks again JoJo for your advice.

You where starting back to work this week, is that right? How'd you get on ? Ok I hope. I am on my feet all day in work so thought it would be best to book the following week off.

I look forward to reading all your progress. Keep up the good work.

:confused:

Yes I was. I went back yesterday. It's been ok, but not easy. If you are on your feet all day a week would definitely be a good idea. I've had a few moments where I've just wanted to go home and crawl into bed. Thank you, I intend to! x

2 plus 4, don't be hard on yourself. I know I and many others went through a "no food left behind" tour right before the band. It's the not knowing if you'll be able to eat "normally " again, couple with the anxiety of change, and just falling back on the one thing that is comforting....food. That's what it was for me.

I, too, was worried that meant I wasn't ready for the band or that I would fail. DO NOT THINK THAT. Being on the other side of the banding puts you in a totally different mindset. It changes how you think about food and how you crave food. It really has taken away all the gnawing hunger and cravings I used to have.

Now, I'm only five months out, but I love this and it has done wonders that I could only imagine before getting the band.

Well done on your weightloss already JO JO. I had my usual weigh in this morning and have lost 1 3/4lbs this week. Ive noticed its really slowing down so will have to up my exercise. I really only want to lose another stone at the most, and people are already telling me Ive lost enough. So I hope to be at my goal at the end of June for my 1st bandiversary.

I have just read the Daily Mail story and yes she is really brave having her body shown in all its glory, she had done brilliantly but what p***ed me off was the negative comments saying she wasnt a size 10 more a 14. The woman has halved her body weight and its still not good enough for the wolves, they have to attack her anyway. Ive left a cheeky comment to them all Jx

Edited by homecare

Uh-oh, I found them circular holland toast things they gave us in hospital to eat the day after the op. Been on Soup etc since I came home, but these things are soooo nice with jam or honey on, and they're allowed coz they dissolve so well!!! Oh nooooo!! :confused: But, mmmmmmmm chewing is great, I've missed it. Hahaha

Hi Jojo

Well done with the start of your new life. I am now about to start my pre op diet next tuesday.

I am getting excited now as time is ticking by.... All be it a little slower than I would like it to go,

my journey is booked now and my son is coming with me, I think he is looking forward to the trip

also and a few days of being able to prop a bar up somewhere while he is waiting for me.

Anyway keep going and I hope that I can report a good story of my experience afterwards too.

Hi Splatt

HOw are things - just read the article and she looks fantastic - thats gonna be me in 12 months time lol

Not long till the 12th March now - getting more and more excited by the minute. Desperate to get it over with and start the journey to health and happiness

Think i'm gonna keep a photo diary like her too - would motivate you to keep on track seeing the difference:thumbup:

Kerry

It can't go quick enough for me, I am looking forward to summer, hope this works, I have the fears creeping in that everyone does about failure, I have to stay positive and will do once I am there and everything is done and dusted.

What is the name of those circular toast things they give you after the op and where can u buy them?

Hi Cankster, They are called Dutch crip bakes, I get mine at Morrisons and they do their own in a brown packaging just called crispbakes they are in the cracker and savoury section and are only 40cals each. Enjoy Baarbs :confused:

I'm not scared - slightly apprehensive more than anything - but more than anything looking forward to getting it started and getting myself on the road to the new me

I have taken a week off work after the op so I will be fighting fit when I go back and nobody will know - dont want to tell anyone until I am used to it and managing it well

Starting the pre op diet on Monday hopefully however already worried about giving up bread, Pasta etc - main bulk of my diet - but gotta start sometime

Hope you are well and will look forward to hearing from you soon

K xx

Thanks Kerry, I'm really pleased myself. Didn't think it would be dropping off this quickly. I know it's going to slow down sometime soon but what a boost to get rid of that first stone or so! I'm now officially lighter than I have been in 3 years or so. My next goal is to have got rid of enough for it to be very noticable by the end of May. That's the next time I'm going to see my parents and I haven't told them I've had it done.

Are you really excited? Scared at all? Everyone is lovely over there, try not to be too apprehensive. x

Hi Jojo

Well done with the start of your new life. I am now about to start my pre op diet next tuesday.

I am getting excited now as time is ticking by.... All be it a little slower than I would like it to go,

my journey is booked now and my son is coming with me, I think he is looking forward to the trip

also and a few days of being able to prop a bar up somewhere while he is waiting for me.

Anyway keep going and I hope that I can report a good story of my experience afterwards too.

Hi Puddlejumper

When are you getting yours done? I am booked in for 12th March - fly over on the 11th - feeling excited about it now

Like you I am starting the pre-op diet next week - AARGGHH - however got to start somewhere

We'll go through the torture together lol

Hi Puddlejumper

When are you getting yours done? I am booked in for 12th March - fly over on the 11th - feeling excited about it now

Like you I am starting the pre-op diet next week - AARGGHH - however got to start somewhere

We'll go through the torture together lol

hi scooby, mines on 9th March , and by the sounds of it the only one on here that day.

Anyway I'm taking eurostar. I went to

my doc this morning for my

monthly blood pressure check up and because I have lost a stone since

Christmas it has come down to what they say is normal so I was impressed.

I am looking forward to starting my p o diet Ihave been cutting down a while now

so it seems to be working slowly. Can't wait to get it going in full swing.

Is there anyone else booked on 9th march at all????

Paul.

Well done on your weightloss already JO JO. I had my usual weigh in this morning and have lost 1 3/4lbs this week. Ive noticed its really slowing down so will have to up my exercise. I really only want to lose another stone at the most, and people are already telling me Ive lost enough. So I hope to be at my goal at the end of June for my 1st bandiversary.

I have just read the Daily Mail story and yes she is really brave having her body shown in all its glory, she had done brilliantly but what p***ed me off was the negative comments saying she wasnt a size 10 more a 14. The woman has halved her body weight and its still not good enough for the wolves, they have to attack her anyway. Ive left a cheeky comment to them all Jx

Thanks J, I know mine is going to slow down soon too, I'm just amazed that a week out (the swelling must have gone down a bit by now) I just don't feel hungry at all, I'm having to make an effort to eat enough to keep me going! I'm of the opinion that the end of your weight loss SHOULD be a slow process, so don't let it get you down at all, just think it's still going in the right direction. :w00t:

I noticed some of the ignorant, negative comments on the Daily Mail website too. I was half inclined to have a bit of a rant myself... may do that later. :sad:

Hi Jojo

I'm sure you'll be more than fine, time really dragged for me beforehand too. Your son will love it, my friend who came with me loves lager and he's missing Brussels like mad now (keeps on about his affair with Leffe!!)

Hi Cankster, They are called Dutch crip bakes, I get mine at Morrisons and they do their own in a brown packaging just called crispbakes they are in the cracker and savoury section and are only 40cals each. Enjoy Baarbs :sad:

Do you have a B&M bargains nearby? I found them in there, but they are called Holland Toast, same stuff though.... lovely with jam on. Glad I found them, was missing chewing and getting so bored of Soup, nesquick and peach yoghurt.

Any advice on what to start eating after liquid diet is over? Is porridge and rice pudding ok? Anything else to vary the taste?

I'm not scared - slightly apprehensive more than anything - but more than anything looking forward to getting it started and getting myself on the road to the new me

I have taken a week off work after the op so I will be fighting fit when I go back and nobody will know - dont want to tell anyone until I am used to it and managing it well

Starting the pre op diet on Monday hopefully however already worried about giving up bread, Pasta etc - main bulk of my diet - but gotta start sometime

Hope you are well and will look forward to hearing from you soon

K xx

Kerry,

That's what I miss too, bread mainly, I'd love a sandwich, but I don't crave it as such. The good news is that toast is ok as far as I'm aware. I could really do with a big list of "dos and don'ts" really, as I haven't a clue what I can and can't eat, the literature they give you is about as clear as mud. No red meat but mince is ok, chicken but then I heard people on here say they can't tolerate it. :sad: Can I have chips soon?? lol, in small quantities of course!