Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Anyone know of Dr De Bruyne Chris

Yes Carrie, I would agree, I hated sitting up to go to sleep, I suffered that for 3 months lost 3 stone and when I had the defill had a great night's sleep that night and ever since.

But I couldnt hardly drink any sort of liquid , I could tolerate cream crackers more, so had to crunch ice cubes. How different these bands are aint they.

Good luck to Jeanie and Jojo, cant wait for you both to get back. Take care of each other. xxx

Hi Baarbs,

I have stuck with Dr Chris's ream too, I had 3mls on the first fill, 2mls on the second and then had to have 1ml removed as after 2 days unable to swallow my own saliva. I was advised by the nurse doing the de-fill to drink at least 2 glasses of Water at the clinic just after the de-fill as if you have been over filled, you may not notice with just one glass of water. Hope thats helpful, my weight loss has been very slow though so whether or not they take that into account, I am not sure. Just to re-assure you, it is a really simple procedure which I barely felt.

best wishes

MiaBlue

Thanks for the info

Hi Baarb I'm in Newport on the 26th 12.00 noon, if your there around that time make yourself known I'm 5'2" blonde, early 50's.

Hi mmm my apointment is 11.10 so if you get there a bit early I should still be there and we can have a natter:smile2: from what I gather we are there for about half an hour. Barbara

Loads of helpful info and tips over the last few days since I was on. 4 days to go now until the start of my new life :thumbup:

Jean, I might not get chance to get on again before Thursday, so I'll text or phone you when we get to Manchester airport and see if you are there.

Good luck jojo and jeanie, your on the last leg now, soon be over and back home wondering what all the worry was about. Take care next time we speak you will be a fully fledged Bandit or Bandster.

Good luck jojo and jeanie, your on the last leg now, soon be over and back home wondering what all the worry was about. Take care next time we speak you will be a fully fledged Bandit or Bandster.

Good luck from me too ladies.....it's my turn soon . Puddlejumper

Good luck all those going to be banded this week.

I had a great nights sleep last night, first in over two weeks be it sitting up but I was so tired could have slept on a washing line. I have also discovered ritz crackers will go down. Jx

Good luck those getting banded this week too. I can't wait, let me know how your experience was, those of us waiting in the wings love to know, Susan

TO all reflux sufferers, when I had the consultation regarding reflux and the subsequent xray it was proven that the band had been overfilled, and this caused the reflux (which I knew), the Fluid coming back at night was caused by the gullet over working to push any fluid and food through the band, and was taking 5 hours to get somethings through, therefore everything was backing up along the gullet, It was said that if I had attempted to overeat during this time it could have caused an extended pouch or a band slip.

A xray showed the rate of flow of food through the band at different fill levels, these levels are specific to me and were 4.8mls and under, no restriction whatsoever, and at 6ml ok, but tight over this level I start to encounter backup and therefore reflux. These levels will change as I lose weight, but for now there is no way I can go over 6ml.

As I said this is specific to me, but even an unfill below 6ml did not solve the reflux because by then the gullet had become irritated and overworked, so a fill level of 4.8ml (the level of no restriction for me) was chosen, whilst everything calmed down.

I now no longer have any reflux, but I also dont have any restriction, but this is a long journey, and this year I'll no doubt be loosing weight sometime again.

TO all reflux sufferers, when I had the consultation regarding reflux and the subsequent xray it was proven that the band had been overfilled, and this caused the reflux (which I knew), the Fluid coming back at night was caused by the gullet over working to push any fluid and food through the band, and was taking 5 hours to get somethings through, therefore everything was backing up along the gullet, It was said that if I had attempted to overeat during this time it could have caused an extended pouch or a band slip.

A xray showed the rate of flow of food through the band at different fill levels, these levels are specific to me and were 4.8mls and under, no restriction whatsoever, and at 6ml ok, but tight over this level I start to encounter backup and therefore reflux. These levels will change as I lose weight, but for now there is no way I can go over 6ml.

As I said this is specific to me, but even an unfill below 6ml did not solve the reflux because by then the gullet had become irritated and overworked, so a fill level of 4.8ml (the level of no restriction for me) was chosen, whilst everything calmed down.

I now no longer have any reflux, but I also dont have any restriction, but this is a long journey, and this year I'll no doubt be loosing weight sometime again.

Thanks for that MMM I understand it a bit better now. Mine is calming down a bit as I only have liquids until my defil. How long were you overfilled before having to go for a defil? Jx

Hi just wondering if anyone can help? I was banded by Chris De Bruyne Jan 07 it worked well for me but had a defill back in Nov 08 and have since had a baby and put most of weight back on and need to get filled again! only prob I dont have Dr Chris's numbers or emails anymore, when I last saw him I had to go to London as that was only place in England but understand he does Bristol or Newport now is this right?? Probably need an x ray to check my band is all ok does anyone have any info on costs for this and fill costs please? I live in West midlands so either of these places would be easier for me to get to. Hope someone can come along shortly and help!:rolleyes2:

Julie

Hi Julie

Dr Chris - email ID - chris.debruyne@advalvas.be

He works out of London, Manchester, Newport and Scotland together with Ireland etc but not Bristol that I am aware, I was banded by him last Friday.

I have Frederiks cell number if you wish.

Anything else let me know and if I can help I will.

JB

Hi just wondering if anyone can help? I was banded by Chris De Bruyne Jan 07 it worked well for me but had a defill back in Nov 08 and have since had a baby and put most of weight back on and need to get filled again! only prob I dont have Dr Chris's numbers or emails anymore, when I last saw him I had to go to London as that was only place in England but understand he does Bristol or Newport now is this right?? Probably need an x ray to check my band is all ok does anyone have any info on costs for this and fill costs please? I live in West midlands so either of these places would be easier for me to get to. Hope someone can come along shortly and help!:rolleyes2:

Julie

Hi JulieP Dr Chris does not do Bristol but does Newport once a month next date 26th Feb for any information telephone Julie Macintosh 07872963503 between 8.30 and 5.30 I think it is £90 for a fill £80 in London or maybe the other way around. She will also give you advice on the Xray. The band should still be OK he said they last for at least 15 years. Good luck

Thanks for that MMM I understand it a bit better now. Mine is calming down a bit as I only have liquids until my defil. How long were you overfilled before having to go for a defil? Jx

Thank you MMM for your clear discription of what causes the reflux...:rolleyes2:

HOMECARE I hope you are coping!

I phoned Fred and he told me just to stay on fluids for 2 days, and then go onto mushies, by now I had already been on fluids for 2 days but I decided to try another 2 days.

My situation changed yesterday, the pain just became intolerable si I went to my GP for some pain killers, but she said they would make it worse, she gave me some antiacid tabs and gaviscon, the antiacid tablets didn't seem to make any difference and the gaviscon exasperated my Oesophagus, the pain was excruciating. All afternoon all I could do was take a gulp of Water, even sitting up in bed, I was burping these white foamy bubbles! This went on from 2.30 to 8.30, I just counldn't take it any more and asked my husband to phone an ambulance!

The A&E and the ward were great, I was given morphene immediatly, put on a saline trip and a paracetamol trip, they gave me an anti sickness injection. Everyone was very attentive and looked after me really well. I was given an ACG (as the pain was in my chest I guess they had to check my heart), they Xrayed my chest and my stomach, to check the band and to check for blockages. They did blood tests to check for gol (!) stones and other things I can't remember. They were very thorough! I had been afraid of what kind of treatment I might recieve. They even found a surgeon who had had some experience with gastric bands, and even though my port area now looks like a pin cushion! He managed to loosen my band. Guess how much he took out? Horror!!!! 4.5mls!!!!!:lol:

I was admitted to the ward and stayed in over night to make sure all was well. They really were fantastic apart for the 4.5mls!

Take care all of you!

Fatpants :thumbup:

I've had to have a few defills the first .5ml did'nt work so 2 weeks later 2ml was removed, and because of gullet swelling this also did not work so a month later I had a total defill which did work, so in all close to 2 months.

I have put weight back on,but will shortly be able to have a useful fill again because by now all swelling should have gone. I hardly slept for these 2 months because most nights were disturbed by coughing up mucus.

No long term damage had been caused, but I'm going to take things a lot slower now. :rolleyes2: