Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Anyone know of Dr De Bruyne Chris

plan even, sorry! friday night just got home after a bit too much red wine!

Thanks CarrieJess, I hope my granddaughter looks like you when she grows up, she is called Jessica. Ps you've done great on your journey , I think well done doesn't do it justice. You are an ambassador for the bandster clan. Thanks again. Paul

Hi guys not been on for a while and took me a while to catch up! Good luck to all the newbies going to have the band fitted.

So good to hear from big and little sis Ive missed you guys.

Im still in discomfort after having 0.75 ml fill put in almost 2 weeks ago. My doctor has provided antacids and gaviscon but only taking the edge off. I can hardly eat much at all and even threw up my icelolly yesterday. I was ok after the fill but a couple of days into eating solids something wouldnt go down so I was quite sick and I think this led to swelling and anything I tried to eat after wouldnt go down so I think I may have to go a few days with only Water to let the swelling go down. Freckles I know you had this for a while any advice would be good. Wendy isnt back for another fortnight and It would cost me money I havent got at the mo to go somewhere else for a defil. Jx

Hi Homecare,

I very rarely come on here now, usually only when I need some support or information! There are a lot of new bandsters now and the pages are so many to try and catch up with! Anyway your problem seems tobe exactly what I'm going through! Back in November my weight loss seemed to plateau, so when my sister suggested I join her on a 4 day diet I thought it was a good idea... even though it involved eating raw vegetables,,,I just thought if I cut them in really thin slithers and chew them really well it would be fine...Little did I know! On the 2nd day I had to eat raw celery which I cut extremely thinly and I chomped very thoroughly, on the 3rd day I didn't feel right, I felt a fullness in the middle of my chest, so I continued and just ate less (I wanted to win and lose more weight than my sister!) How stupid of me! I made myself really ill, No amount of gavascon would help. My husband suggested I dring a cup of hot milk, I used to suffer terribly from heart burn when I was pregnant and this always worked, so I tried this, during the night I would wake up choking, my mouth was full of foam and curdled milk - it was really disgusting, I am making myself feel ill just thinking about it! I tried to make myself sick but this didn't work. I think that celery got caught in the hole where the band was ans this is why being sick wasn't working. Having food trapped here made the acid in my 'lower stomach', were it's supposed to be, come right up into my 'upper stomach', above the band, causing terrible burning and discomfort, I really thought I was having a heart attack! The long and short of it was fortuneatly Chris was coming to Edinburgh the next day were I was booked for a fill, instead He took 2mls out which instantly resolved the problem, presumable what ever was trapped was released. OMG what a relief! I was like a different person! Unfortunately I put on 7lbs, it was as if the flood gates had opened, I was just stuffing my face with anything and everything! I had to have had 2 fills in December and January, my weight is back to were it was in November and guess what I think I got something trapped in the hole again! I had a fill two weeks ago, everything has been fine then 3 days ago I could only manage half of my food, I wanted to eat it but I felt uncomfortable, the next day was fine till the evening meal and the same thing again, then the fallowing morning I couldn't drink tea! for lunch I had 2 rice cake with pate and that seemed to go down, last night I had a very small portion of spagetti carbonara which was fine but I just felt in discomfort all night, and twice I woke up choking, as if saliva went in my wind pipe. I do feel like there's something trapped but I really don't want to have a defill again, it's an absolute disaster, putting on weight and having to pay all that money. Eating that celery cost me £270 and that's just for the docter, there's the journey's aswell!

Please tell me what your outcome is, or if there is anyone else who has been through a similar experiance please advice me what happed to you so as that I can resolve this.

This time I have not eaten anything I shouldn't have, the only thing I can think it is, I read way back on this thread that stress can cause your band to get tighter. At the moment I am under a lot of stress and anxiety.

Welcome to all the new bandsters!

Fatpants:thumbup:

Oh dear Homecare, what a bummer. I know what you're going through and according to my family I was a right misery through my period of being over-filled.

I was overjoyed nevertheless cos the weight was dropping off.

I'm sorry I cant give you any advice really hun, silly though it may seem. Just make sure that you drink plenty, cos I didnt, I struggled getting anything down which caused bowel problems if you remember. So look after yourself, and if you fancy anything, eat what you can of it.

I couldnt eat ice lollies either, the only thing I could eat was cream crackers with butter and marmite.

If you like the idea of that just try it may work for you too.

Sorry G havent been, i hadnt even thought about having one done.

Mine feels alight so i think il spend the money on shoes instead x

ROTFLMAO1.gif

I love it, that is exactly what I'd do Carrie, womens logic! You go girl.

happy_sunday_10_06_07_by_maria-1.gif

Oh God sorry Fatpants I didnt see your post I forgot to go to the next page.

Like I said to HC I know how it goes, especially the curdled milk waking you up, its horrendous... you poor thing.

Have you tried taking a fizzy drink to shift it, usually that works for me, I know you feel like you couldnt possibly get it down and the pain is awful for a few short minutes, but whatever is lodged always comes up for me, and you feel so much relief its unbelievable.

Also any sort of stress will cause the band to tighten, and if you are on mostly Water etc, that will make it tighten too.

Let us know how it goes chick , good luck xxx

Edited by Freckles

Congradulations to all new Bandsters, this will be me very soon. I fly out on Thursday and have the band Friday. It's been great reading all your posts, I've picked up some really good tips and advice from you all, thank you all very much. I'm looking forward to it but feeling slightly anxious at the same time. There is one thing that really confuses me though, and that is, the fills. Is every body different, and how often and how many do you have and how long In between. I've read most of the posts and I'm still none the wiser. Any claritiy on this matter will be much appreciated? Confused Jeaniejink. :)

Welcome jeaniejinx.

I know just how you feel, we all do, its only apprehension really, the fear of the unknown. Wont be long and you'll be a loser!!!

I think most of us needed about 3 or 4 fills until we got to our sweet spot, sometime with 'hiccups' in between

Each of us is different, some people need less fills and some people more. Its something you wont actually know until you get your fills.

I have had 5 fills, my fourth one took me up to 6.5 mls, which was far too much, I needed to have .5 taken out, but I wanted to lose more quickly (which was silly I spose) I lost over 2 stone and then I had a defill cos I was going on a 3 weeks holiday to the far east and oz.

I could then eat whatever I wanted, only in small portions, but was never hungry, I also drank a lot of booze, and only put on a little weight, about 2 kilos.

Then I went for a top up, but am only at 5mls I think and am still my pre-defill weight, which is wonderful.

But now I want a little bit more put in so my restriction is better.

I hope that helps you a little hun, and best wishes for next week. xx

Edited by Freckles

Hi, this is to all posters on this site,but more to the folk who have helped me!

as you all know i have been a total XXXXXXX for a wee while and posted some terrible things that should have been discussed at the time and using pm for sure.

anyway no excuses but i have been going through a wee rough patch myself and stupidly coming on this site and being totally un thoughtful.....so for what its worth and i mean it 100% to everyone and especially mmm,gaz,freckles....SORRY guys!!

i think you should know Gaz etc u hit the nail on the head i did use this site and it is brilliant,also it is the people who are on it that makes it great by telling the truth about the whole dirty ins and outs of being banded!!

so again freckles etc i apologise as i do normally laugh at the posts!you do have my sense o humour for sure.

ill finish by saying ill keep an eye on the pages and wish all pre bandsters and current bandsters all the best because it certainly is an emotional ride!:)

hopefully next time when i do post its something good and positive to say as i tried to do b4 the last few idiotic times!

TIN:confused:

Congradulations to all new Bandsters, this will be me very soon. I fly out on Thursday and have the band Friday. It's been great reading all your posts, I've picked up some really good tips and advice from you all, thank you all very much. I'm looking forward to it but feeling slightly anxious at the same time. There is one thing that really confuses me though, and that is, the fills. Is every body different, and how often and how many do you have and how long In between. I've read most of the posts and I'm still none the wiser. Any claritiy on this matter will be much appreciated? Confused Jeaniejink. :)

Lol this is the question with no answer! Ok here goes...after surgery you will prob lose quite alot of weight with no fill because you are not used to it and swollen etc approx 4 weeksish after you will need a fill and you will keep needing fills until you get to between 5 and 8 mils, although this is different for everyone. Ok now some fill providers fill slowly and steadily which can be frustrating..this is when you go through bandster hell (ie being able to eat what you want and wondering why the hell you paid all of this money for a useless peice of crap :woot:) some providers aim to get you to a descent restriction level within 3 to 4 fills like wendy from wls. Occasionally you can be filled too tight and not be able to swallow your own spit in which case you will need to have a defill this is to be avoided if at all possible, they will make sure you can drink something after your fill to try and stop this from happening. If it does happen, then its a lesson well learnt and you will never do it again! As you lose weight you also lose weight from your insides this is what causes you to need fills to keep the band tight around your stomach. Even when you do have a good level of restriction eventually you will need another fill unless you are at goal. When you are at goal like me then the only reason you need a fill is because Water does eventually evaporate. The last fill i had was September and i don't have any plans for any more as yet.

So the moral of this story is that everyone is different but i would guestimate that you will need between 4-8 fills to get to goal depending on who your fill provider is and how well your body reacts to the band. You MUST reconcile yourself to this fact and understand the cost involved.

The happy ending is that everyone goes through the above and its just a natural part of having this kind of surgery. However its all just a learning curve, i had my surgery in oct 08, i can now eat what i want within reason and my band is not the focus of my life anymore. You will also get to this point but it does take time.

Sorry for the blunt post but i wish someone had said that to me before i had my op.

What i can say is that although the above sounds scary, its not devastating or bad its just different and i totally 2 million % percent worth it! x

Thanks CarrieJess, I hope my granddaughter looks like you when she grows up, she is called Jessica. Ps you've done great on your journey , I think well done doesn't do it justice. You are an ambassador for the bandster clan. Thanks again. Paul

thank you, that was an incredibly nice thing to say x

Hi Homecare,

I very rarely come on here now, usually only when I need some support or information! There are a lot of new bandsters now and the pages are so many to try and catch up with! Anyway your problem seems tobe exactly what I'm going through! Back in November my weight loss seemed to plateau, so when my sister suggested I join her on a 4 day diet I thought it was a good idea... even though it involved eating raw vegetables,,,I just thought if I cut them in really thin slithers and chew them really well it would be fine...Little did I know! On the 2nd day I had to eat raw celery which I cut extremely thinly and I chomped very thoroughly, on the 3rd day I didn't feel right, I felt a fullness in the middle of my chest, so I continued and just ate less (I wanted to win and lose more weight than my sister!) How stupid of me! I made myself really ill, No amount of gavascon would help. My husband suggested I dring a cup of hot milk, I used to suffer terribly from heart burn when I was pregnant and this always worked, so I tried this, during the night I would wake up choking, my mouth was full of foam and curdled milk - it was really disgusting, I am making myself feel ill just thinking about it! I tried to make myself sick but this didn't work. I think that celery got caught in the hole where the band was ans this is why being sick wasn't working. Having food trapped here made the acid in my 'lower stomach', were it's supposed to be, come right up into my 'upper stomach', above the band, causing terrible burning and discomfort, I really thought I was having a heart attack! The long and short of it was fortuneatly Chris was coming to Edinburgh the next day were I was booked for a fill, instead He took 2mls out which instantly resolved the problem, presumable what ever was trapped was released. OMG what a relief! I was like a different person! Unfortunately I put on 7lbs, it was as if the flood gates had opened, I was just stuffing my face with anything and everything! I had to have had 2 fills in December and January, my weight is back to were it was in November and guess what I think I got something trapped in the hole again! I had a fill two weeks ago, everything has been fine then 3 days ago I could only manage half of my food, I wanted to eat it but I felt uncomfortable, the next day was fine till the evening meal and the same thing again, then the fallowing morning I couldn't drink tea! for lunch I had 2 rice cake with pate and that seemed to go down, last night I had a very small portion of spagetti carbonara which was fine but I just felt in discomfort all night, and twice I woke up choking, as if saliva went in my wind pipe. I do feel like there's something trapped but I really don't want to have a defill again, it's an absolute disaster, putting on weight and having to pay all that money. Eating that celery cost me £270 and that's just for the docter, there's the journey's aswell!

Please tell me what your outcome is, or if there is anyone else who has been through a similar experiance please advice me what happed to you so as that I can resolve this.

This time I have not eaten anything I shouldn't have, the only thing I can think it is, I read way back on this thread that stress can cause your band to get tighter. At the moment I am under a lot of stress and anxiety.

Welcome to all the new bandsters!

Fatpants:thumbup:

Hi Fatpants I had to phone Wendy and she has calmed me down a bit. I have discovered it is any time I eat anything solid Ive been sick which causes the part of the stomach which has band round it to swell this has been giving me so much pain especially in my back. I am so tight that I cant eat anything solid so Wendy has suggested I only drink liquids and maybe the odd very soft food until I see her for my next defill. What you describe is about something being stuck is exactly how I feel, but I think it is your just too tight for food to go down. Wendy told me to get calpol to relieve the pain, which has really helped. Hope you feel better soon. Jx

Oh dear Homecare, what a bummer. I know what you're going through and according to my family I was a right misery through my period of being over-filled.

I was overjoyed nevertheless cos the weight was dropping off.

I'm sorry I cant give you any advice really hun, silly though it may seem. Just make sure that you drink plenty, cos I didnt, I struggled getting anything down which caused bowel problems if you remember. So look after yourself, and if you fancy anything, eat what you can of it.

I couldnt eat ice lollies either, the only thing I could eat was cream crackers with butter and marmite.

If you like the idea of that just try it may work for you too.

Thanks for advice Freckles but I couldnt even eat a thing at the moment I will probably have to have those Meal Replacement drinks. Yuk jx

Hi, this is to all posters on this site,but more to the folk who have helped me!

as you all know i have been a total XXXXXXX for a wee while and posted some terrible things that should have been discussed at the time and using pm for sure.

anyway no excuses but i have been going through a wee rough patch myself and stupidly coming on this site and being totally un thoughtful.....so for what its worth and i mean it 100% to everyone and especially mmm,gaz,freckles....SORRY guys!!

i think you should know Gaz etc u hit the nail on the head i did use this site and it is brilliant,also it is the people who are on it that makes it great by telling the truth about the whole dirty ins and outs of being banded!!

so again freckles etc i apologise as i do normally laugh at the posts!you do have my sense o humour for sure.

ill finish by saying ill keep an eye on the pages and wish all pre bandsters and current bandsters all the best because it certainly is an emotional ride!:)

hopefully next time when i do post its something good and positive to say as i tried to do b4 the last few idiotic times!

TIN:confused:

I see youve apologised TIN and I hope the people youve offended can accept it, it does take bottle to admit you were wrong. everyone deserves a second chance. Jx

I also did my bank transfer on Saturday, £25 with the Abbey, wish I was with the co-op now. Time can't fly enough till I get my band done - 12th March.