Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Anyone know of Dr De Bruyne Chris

Can anyone help me

I was banded 8th Sept 09 Stuck to the usual ie liquids then mushies, I had my first fill thursday 29th Oct by Dr Chris. I am so worried as yet I have not lost any weight apart from the seven pounds Which was at the begining.

Can anyone tell me if this has happend to them as I am begining to think this has all been a waste of time. I was so exited at the thought of the weight leaving me for good and now I am just doing the strict weight watchers diet to try and help things along. Look forward to hearing some good news from someone

Thanks eveyone

Sheila

Hi Sheila! Lovely to hear from you! Yes, this is a lot tougher than I'd expected, but it is working slowly. Reading the boys chatter a couple of pages back, it takes time and we're still in the early days. I've had two fills now with Wendy and although I lost no weight with the first, I did lose 1lb of fat and gain 1lb of muscle, so it's not all bad. Today is day 2 of post fill mushies, and I've not really felt hungry since this fill (the 1st one made no noticable difference whatsoever) Yesterday I sinned big time, it was a Birthday at the office and although I avoided the cakes and biscuits, I couldn't resist the tin of chocolates that sat in the kitchen all day. Must be better today, at least that temptation's all gone now. I do feel it is really a one day at a time thing and we must put each bad day behind us and get on with today in a more positive light. Not one single person has noticed I've lost weight, which is quite disheartening, but then again, it means they're not watching me to see if I lose more or eat something "naughty", so I guess it takes some of the pressure off. Have you heard how our partners in crime are getting on? Do keep up the good work and be kind to and patient with yourself. It'll be worth it in the long run!

Can anyone help me

I was banded 8th Sept 09 Stuck to the usual ie liquids then mushies, I had my first fill thursday 29th Oct by Dr Chris. I am so worried as yet I have not lost any weight apart from the seven pounds Which was at the begining.

Can anyone tell me if this has happend to them as I am begining to think this has all been a waste of time. I was so exited at the thought of the weight leaving me for good and now I am just doing the strict weight watchers diet to try and help things along. Look forward to hearing some good news from someone

Thanks eveyone

Sheila

good morning, yep unfortunately your just going to have to be patient it will not just happen over night, sorry to be the berer of bad news but it never went on overnight. Like you if i was told before i got banded i would be6-7 months before it really started working then i may not have done it as i am very impatient but the time has flied by, i allbeit have had problems so i dont think you will need to wait as long as me but from what i gather ladies seems to be 3-4 fills before reachine restriction and then it has to be constntly tweaked. the band is a tool not a cure and we all still have to make correct food choices and still healthy low calorie and low fat foods however when restriction really kicks in the ammount you will be able to eat in one sitting will be drastically reduced and thats when it really starts moving. Please please do not get dishertened as before time you will be a hefty chunk down and you will look back on this moment.

Take care

gx

WHEE! Today is a great day. I had my first 2cc fill last week. And despite eating my way through Nashville on holiday this weekend, I had a THREE pound weight loss today.

HOORAY!!!!

Hi Lynxie ( Sheila),

I had my op around the same time as you and have just had my fill ( last week) and do not notice any difference either and my weight has stayed the same.

Fredrick advised me that I wouldn't start feeling restriction like when I first had the band until the 3/4 fill, so the sooner we get to that point the better.

Katy

Hey Lynxie Just wana say im banded since last Sept and have had 9fills and still never got restriction like i heard other people speak about but everyone is different my experience with the band is i have to eat slower so i dont get the stuck feeling but i can eat anything and everything and any amount once i go slow the band is only a tool it is far from what i thought it was gona be as in i thought after a few mouthfulls id be full but that never happened but i am so happy i got the band cos it really made me think about what im eating and gave me the push i needed from the sept to july i lost over 7stone and i had my tummytuck arm lift and breast lift and reduction so within 11months my life completely changed and im now down 8 and a half stone since being banded and 10stone from my heaviest but still want another stone and a half off so im gona get my ass in gear now and get back working at the weight as after my cosmetic surgery i went off my diet.... But just try be patient with the loss im sure if u read back u'l see me complaing non stop about not having restriction so i just advise get ur head set and you'l be grand and hopefully ur fills will kick in a bit more than mine and help u out

Hey Lynxie Just wana say im banded since last Sept and have had 9fills and still never got restriction like i heard other people speak about but everyone is different my experience with the band is i have to eat slower so i dont get the stuck feeling but i can eat anything and everything and any amount once i go slow the band is only a tool it is far from what i thought it was gona be as in i thought after a few mouthfulls id be full but that never happened but i am so happy i got the band cos it really made me think about what im eating and gave me the push i needed from the sept to july i lost over 7stone and i had my tummytuck arm lift and breast lift and reduction so within 11months my life completely changed and im now down 8 and a half stone since being banded and 10stone from my heaviest but still want another stone and a half off so im gona get my ass in gear now and get back working at the weight as after my cosmetic surgery i went off my diet.... But just try be patient with the loss im sure if u read back u'l see me complaing non stop about not having restriction so i just advise get ur head set and you'l be grand and hopefully ur fills will kick in a bit more than mine and help u out

Hi Flirtylass,

I was just reading your quote, well done on all yous success! You have done really well and are an inspiration to all of us! I see you've has the whole shabang done when it comes to the cosmetic surgery! At first I thought I would just get a Tummy Tuck done but as the weight started coming off I became aware of the bingo wings, then my boobs started sagging (bit of a shame as they were a nice size as they were!) Can you tell me: Did you get it done all at once or in three different ops? Where did you do and if you are happy to share with me the cost! I would be most appreciated, remember you can always send me a private message on Face book!

Takecare now

Fatpants :drool:

good morning, yep unfortunately your just going to have to be patient it will not just happen over night, sorry to be the berer of bad news but it never went on overnight. Like you if i was told before i got banded i would be6-7 months before it really started working then i may not have done it as i am very impatient but the time has flied by, i allbeit have had problems so i dont think you will need to wait as long as me but from what i gather ladies seems to be 3-4 fills before reachine restriction and then it has to be constntly tweaked. the band is a tool not a cure and we all still have to make correct food choices and still healthy low calorie and low fat foods however when restriction really kicks in the ammount you will be able to eat in one sitting will be drastically reduced and thats when it really starts moving. Please please do not get dishertened as before time you will be a hefty chunk down and you will look back on this moment.

Take care

gx

Hi garry,

How are you?

I was just having a look at your photos, what a transformation! You are looking really great! Well done on your progress so far!

Takecare

Fatpants:thumbup:

Hey fatpants i got it done in methley park in leeds i got all dont together and it was just under a 10hour operation I heard alot of negative stories about having such a big op and so much work done at once and the dangers but decided to go ahead anyway and glad i did i at least i had one recovery time and im all recovered now i would of hated getting it done seperatley but thats me im very impatient and want everything at once lol

Hi garry,

How are you?

I was just having a look at your photos, what a transformation! You are looking really great! Well done on your progress so far!

Takecare

Fatpants:thumbup:

aw thanks fatpants i am feeling pretty good and people are noticing it, you dont notice till you see photos together.

gx

Can anyone help me

Thanks eveyone

Sheila

hi Sheila,

Hope your ok and not too disheartend. I cant really comment as i havnt had a fill yet but i can eat anything and large portions. i get my fill done on 12th nov so thats when ill really have to try and watch what i eat.I just keep thinking of my mate who has lost 8 stone in a year and remind myself it doesnt happen overnite. Keep your chin up and ill speak soon.

wendy

Hi again everyone and a good luck to all the pre bandsters and eveyone on this journey!

well not been on for a wee while with one thing and another but good to catch up and read some positive stories!:smile:

i have been struggling too for about 4-6 weeks and dont seem to have any restriction yet probably put on a couple of pounds(too scared to weigh myself), however i have my 4th fill next week so hopefully something will change??

only thing i notice is if i eat something say in the morning and its cold i struggle to get it down,also if i have something at night and say i had a cold drink b4 i eat same again for a few mouthfulls??

but i can still eat a fare amount when im at a low point just have to eat it slower....yes im bad!:frown:

anyway thought i needed to get myself more focused so have bought a second hand cross trainer last weekend and been on it twice every day since,doing a little sit ups and some free weights again...anyway seem to be in a better place now so long may it continue!!:thumbup:

a well done to BOBO your post puts things into perspective and makes you see its gonna take time!

also a big hello to HOMECARE hope you are doing well and looking forward to your next fill on tuesday?

p.s garry and flirty...get a room!:smile2::lol:

aw thanks fatpants i am feeling pretty good and people are noticing it, you dont notice till you see photos together.

gx

great new pics lovey x

Sheila, Wendy, Sue!!!!!

How are ya girls? I havent been on here much as ive had so much on at home, but thought id pop along and say hi. Im doing ok i suppose, it isnt coming off mega fast but im certainly paying lots more attention to what im eating. I had my first fill last week with Wendy at WLS (who's lovely) and she only popped in 2ml as she thinks i have a hernia across my whole tummy. Its wierd cos it looks swollen so makes me look really chunky round the middle but its firm to the touch like toned muscle. She doesnt think this is op related, most probably from one of my two very large boys when i was pregnant.

I dont seem to have had much change in my appetite and eating habits since the fill, so i think perhaps she needs to pop some more in next time, but im impressed she aired on the side of caution first.

Chin up ladies, great things come to those who wait :thumbup:)

Bev

xxx

Edited by bev4971

Ive just posted some photos of the Belgium trip for those unbanded people wondering whats its like and also a piccys of me taken last week at -31lbs down :thumbup:)