Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Anyone know of Dr De Bruyne Chris

Welcome starsky, to the emotional rollercoaster, its exciting, with lots of ups and downs, and of course weight loss being the end result, its easier for some that others, but without exception as long as you can commit to the fills regularly, you will look, move and feel much better. Look luck and best wishes for your journey

Thanks for all the lovely welcoming messages everyone, it's great not to feel so alone on this big adventure.

Welcome Starsky - who knows we may meet if you go for 8th Septmber with me! Anyone else out there going for that date?

I'm up to page 116 with the forum reading plus a few of the most recent, gosh, there's so much knowledge out there, we could write a book!!

OK, I've booked, bought my baggy trousers, meltlets, motilium, papaya, dressings and cuppasoup, paid my deposit, renewed my passport and booked holiday leave. Started a low fat diet and trying to practise chewing - when I remember. Now what???? :thumbup: There's still 7 weeks to go. I Can't wait!!!

I even sneaked in a consultation with the professor of a UK banding company to check he thought it would be all ok (Yes it would, for only £7995!)

Keep up all the good work everyone, and thanks once again

SP

Me again!

I'm up to page 140 now - it's great when the boss is on holiday! :lol:

What's everyone doing about fills these days? Chris and Fred or WLS? I'm tempted by the WLS package but wonder if I ought stay with CDB. What's his secretary's number to book fills in London please? Good idea to make the first booking in advance without saying the band's not actually fitted yet!

Thanks

Hello - I'm new to the forum and I'm so impressed with all the weight loss I've read on this thread.

I've sent Dr DB a couple of e-mails, not heard back from him yet, but does anyone know if he will consider me for a lap band with a BMI of 30?

I know it is lower than the regulations for the UK, but I've tried - for years - to diet and the excess weight is making me depressed and it is having a bad affect on family life and my marriage.

I'm also borderline for diabetes, so I'm really worried that as I get older (I'm in my 40s) unless I can lose and maintain the weight loss I will end up a diabetic - again.

Hi Tin I have heard that rice once your banded can cause very bad wind. Im sure Dr Chris told us this he also said no Pasta rice white bread as it aggravates the stomach. I tried pasta on Friday and I felt as if I was taking a heart attack, never again, well not for a while anyway. Jx

hi homecare,

thanks for reminding me of that i think it could have been a mixture of the white bread/rolls that did it combined with the gassy booze as had rice pots b4 and no probs:frown:

anyway feel alot better today thank god none of that pain and discomfort in my chest area,so from now on will have to be a bit more careful re what i am eating/drinking!!:lol:

weighed myself today only lost half pound but suppose not too bad when i was out drinking on thursday and saturday and was a bit relaxed on my eating habits too???

hows your weight loss going?glad to hear those "ann summer" type pants are doing good things for you and yer hubby!!!:):lol:

see yah

Hello - I'm new to the forum and I'm so impressed with all the weight loss I've read on this thread.

I've sent Dr DB a couple of e-mails, not heard back from him yet, but does anyone know if he will consider me for a lap band with a BMI of 30?

I know it is lower than the regulations for the UK, but I've tried - for years - to diet and the excess weight is making me depressed and it is having a bad affect on family life and my marriage.

I'm also borderline for diabetes, so I'm really worried that as I get older (I'm in my 40s) unless I can lose and maintain the weight loss I will end up a diabetic - again.

Welcome babyboys, Dr Chris is on holls I think, so that would explain why you hav'nt had a reply yet. I really dont know about him doing the op for a bmi of 30, because he has faced a bit of bad publicity for banding around bmi of around 35, but it cost nothing to ask, you might stand a better chance if you have a pre banding consultation with him in the uk. Good luck, and keep us updated.

Hi all,

just checking in! Has anyone got a fill in london a week saturday!

Heard from Flirty the other day and she is doing really well and the photo's are great! She said on a scale of 1-10 the pain is about a 2 so i'm glad she isn't in too much pain!!!!

Well off for a bath now as i'm up at 5.30am :lol:

Jo x

Hi all. Just got back from visiting famous Flirty, she is lovely inside and out! She is doing unbelievably great, can't believe she didn't have morphine after the op, think she said she only had ibruprofen and paracetemol! She is looking really good and me & Gillian are so pleased it's gone so well for her, she so deserves it after all she's been through and all the hard work she's put in. Have passed on everyone's best wishes who asked us to. I'm definitely interested in a tt with her surgeon now, he has done a brilliant and very neat job for her. Gonna put it on my Christmas list, just ahead of the Tiffany diamond ring!

Babyboys - welcome to the forum. If you are borderline diabetic, would you be able to get a letter from your GP recommending gastric banding. If so, it may make a difference. I was a bit below his 35 BMI threshold but he was pleased to see that I had a supportive letter from my GP and didn't have a problem.

I'm off to Edinburgh for a couple of days tomorrow, not been before and really looking forward to it - staying in posh hotel! Think lovely breakfasts are legendary in Scotland so will have to try to keep myself in check. Take care everyone, Bigsis x

Thank you everyone for all your kind comments, I really feel part of the family already. Welcome to the new recruits too, Babyboys and Singing parrott. :)

I have had my Op date confirmed, 2nd October. It feels like years away but I need to stay positive until then. I couldnt do it any earlier due to work committments and getting the holiday authorised :lol: Sorry, Homecare, probably miss your sister ?

I have heard you all talk about the special offer at WLC in July for 6 months of fills. Do you think if I contacted them, they would let me buy 6mths at the special price now but not start them until Oct ?? How does it work ?

S.

hi, i thot i would bring you up to date about my f***ing band as you know i eventually got restriciton from feb 3 weeks ago and it was great weight started moving, i went for a top up on fri there and he struggled to find port, he eventually did and filled with no difference, he asked me to wait and tried again and again now after what seemed like3 aditional fills there was no difference if anything less than i had, he then got a big syringe and emptied it and put it back in plus some more, still no difference, his first thought was it he had nicked it and i had a leak, however he was able to push in Fluid and remove it so unless he was not in my port and just removing free moving fluid then he was unsure, when he was puttig in there was a definate pressure so that would also suggest no leak. My thought ( the worst) is that the clip has opened and my band is opened but i just dont know, he was going to report to dr chis but he is on hol till next week but he will speak to him and i have to try and see Dr c in edinburght on the 30th and let him decide. I may need to go for x ray> the fill guy mailed me yesterday asking how i was and that he had discussed with frederic in dr cdb absence and assured me they will come to a financial arrangement if i need some re surgery. I replied thanking him for his mail but mentioned i would not be happy paying anything if i had to have resurgery. I am not thinking i need yet until i see dr c.

JUst great eh, just as well i am pretty motivated at moment and am training well and hard.

Gx

So sorry to hear your news about your band Garry, I hope that it is sorted and at no cost to yourself, goodluck, keep your chin up

Thank you everyone for all your kind comments, I really feel part of the family already. Welcome to the new recruits too, Babyboys and Singing parrott. :)

I have had my Op date confirmed, 2nd October. It feels like years away but I need to stay positive until then. I couldnt do it any earlier due to work committments and getting the holiday authorised :lol: Sorry, Homecare, probably miss your sister ?

I have heard you all talk about the special offer at WLC in July for 6 months of fills. Do you think if I contacted them, they would let me buy 6mths at the special price now but not start them until Oct ?? How does it work ?

S.

Hi Starsky and welcome. We had a newsletter from WLS which said that any package purchased in by end of July would not start until our current packages end and so I'm sure it could start in October likewise - we delayed ours when we took out our first one as we had only just been banded and not ready straight away. Bigsister x

No been on here for a while, soz glad to hear about flity, she has been very brave, I am sooooo glad that she has done so well and not been in 2 much pain. Please send my best wishes to her and am looking forward to hearing from her when she is up and running. Everyone is doing so well, ur weight lose is fantasic and I realy enjoying reading all ur messages. It is so good to hear what everyone is up to, you all keep me inspired and help me keep going Mandy

Thanks for you responses. Sadly - I got a response from CDB's office to say that they won't consider me for a lap-band with a BMI of 30.

It is a shame as I've seen recent studies demonstrating that lap bands are just as effective for those with lower BMIs.

I know they offer it in the USA for people like me, but I can't go that far, or afford their prices.

Grateful for any suggestions.

Hi Starsky and welcome. We had a newsletter from WLS which said that any package purchased in by end of July would not start until our current packages end and so I'm sure it could start in October likewise - we delayed ours when we took out our first one as we had only just been banded and not ready straight away. Bigsister x

Thanks Bigsis for that info. I will give them a call and check it out as seems too good to miss ?

Hello to everyone old and new,

I dont seem to have time to visit any more but today is my birthday and also the day that i officially have a normal BMI!

Just wanted to post to say that if i can do it (the girl who has tried and failed at every diet under the sun) anyone can.

Its been so long since i have been on here that i did not know that Flirty has had her op, please could you send her my jealous best wishes!

Good luck

Carrie