Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Anyone know of Dr De Bruyne Chris

hi Homecare, you seem to be very well organised?:thumbup:

what rate did you get for exchanging your money into euros from crown currency?and how does it actually work ie getting the money to them and visa versa?

i have sent my deposit on tues (still no reply from Frederik yet) also booked my flights and decided on the earlier flight at 0700hrs getting in to belgium 0945hrs as the other flight had gone up in price.(i take it the flight lasts an 1 x hour 45 mins?)

i think from reading on here it should be possible to check into the hotel a good bit earlier if they have enough rooms?

can anyone tell me what this "Anica" is and what its for re bruises and where i can get it from?

thanks homecare and bandsters:rolleyes:

Hi time is now I got 1.13 euro to the pound which is a few euros more than normal exchange but mounts up when you are talking thousands. You order from them online or over the phone but theres a catch for getting that rate you have to pay in advance and the money gets sent to you by courier. I paid today but will not get my euros until 22nd june. I havent got online banking so just oredered over the phone, Crown then send you an email with all their bank details which you then take to your bank and ask them to transfer the cash to theirs. This doesnt cost anything. I did this in my bank at 2.30 today and got an email at 3 with receipt and details of my transaction from Crown. If you want the money by 23rd June the last day to get this rate is tomorrow I think. Its not that I am well organised its just I havent told my boys twins of 19, and 21year old so I have to organise when I can without them seeing too much. They think I am going to Brussels for the weekend. J x

Hey, has anyone experienced difficulty drinking Water after op? It's really annoying me now i can't hydrate myself fast enough! x

Edited by Tee-Bird

hi Homecare, you seem to be very well organised?:thumbup:

what rate did you get for exchanging your money into euros from crown currency?and how does it actually work ie getting the money to them and visa versa?

i have sent my deposit on tues (still no reply from Frederik yet) also booked my flights and decided on the earlier flight at 0700hrs getting in to belgium 0945hrs as the other flight had gone up in price.(i take it the flight lasts an 1 x hour 45 mins?)

i think from reading on here it should be possible to check into the hotel a good bit earlier if they have enough rooms?

can anyone tell me what this "Anica" is and what its for re bruises and where i can get it from?

thanks homecare and bandsters:rolleyes:

Hiya hun, the arnica is for the brusing and the swelling i bought mine from holland and barratt cost £5.10 they are very small so can take them after to, you need to take 4 lots of 2 every day and for some reason you cant touch them with your hands something todo with the counter reaction i think she said, they also do it in a cream form but i wanted it for the inside brusing mainly. Hope this helps xx:thumbup:

hi everyone. i got the little arnica tablets (pillules i think theyre called) from holland and barrett..theyre tiny little balls. i dont think they did anything for me cos evryone else was better off after me who didnt take em! cant hurt tho, suppose i might have been worse?!.theyre tiny little balls like sugar..i got the liquid B-complex drops from there too, and my hair hasnt started falling out...yet!.and bassetts soft and chewy Vitamin gums which are like sweets and go down easily

Welcome galaaxy101, im sure you will find every one on here friendly and willing to help with any questions or worries you may have.. i got banded by dr chris in january and can honestly say i would highly recommend him to anyone thinking of having the band, the hospital was spotless and the staff were great x

Hi sufee, the biggest scar is the port area which is about 1 1/2inches, if that helps regarding you getting your dressings, i got mine from boots and were good, my dr gave me a load aswell but i got a rash from them so just used the one's i got, you dont have any steri strip stitches they are dissolving stitches and the 1 you have taken out is where the drain was, only very small. I had my dissolving stitches taken out as they were getting on my nerves lol, i had healed by then tho x

Hey, has anyone experienced difficulty drinking Water after op? It's really annoying me now i can't hydrate myself fast enough! x

I don't mean to be rude guys but can someone please help me with my question? Feel invisible on this site at times and get completely ignored, would really appreciate some friendly advice x

Lol just seen it. Its still early days for you.. what are you like drinking juice? i found that easier to swallow than Water, i cant say it hurt its just that the juice went down easier.. dont know how x

Just had my confirmation from Frederik saying he has now recieved my deposit. Wow!! really happening now. Tee-bird really sorry I cant help you not been banded yet. But why dont you pm freckles I think she had something similar. Hope you feel better soon. J x

Hi homecare, bet your excited now.. not long to go. Tee-bird if you are worried why dont you e-mail frederik and ask for his advice.. are you trying to drink normally or sip? x

I don't mean to be rude guys but can someone please help me with my question? Feel invisible on this site at times and get completely ignored, would really appreciate some friendly advice x

hi t-bird, sorry but i didnt have that problem, i hope someone can answer you soon who has and hope it eases..icy cold Water is supposed to go down better..have youtried ice pops?.was told by my fill nurse these tips if your feeling tight..its prob still swollen, and hopefully this will help, let us know how itsgoing, if its still bad id give doctor chris or fred a ring or email them..if you can only manage water, make sure you dont get dehydrated, and get Vitamin drops..i sure it will settle down in a few days, just take it really easy with liquids only, if you can get a slimfast shake down then do, as it has your vits and minerals in..keep it all cold though..oh yes, just remembered summat good for swelling such as if you have bit of overfill, and thats.ibuprofen...obviusly get it in liquid (kids neurofen) or in melt form...hope this helps..dont panic though im sure your going to say your ok in next day or two gillian x

Hey tee bird im no use to u i had no probs with Water at all so im no help but if ur worried about it id mail dr chris he will reply quick enough