Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Anyone know of Dr De Bruyne Chris

Fred (frederick) works close to dr chris.. dr chris will do your surgery but it will be frederick who will come to the hotel to see you he also does the fills for dr chris, in manchester he does anyway, if you have booked the package you will have a taxi waiting for you at the airport if you have booked it all separate you sort your own taxi/transfer from the airport to the hotel, myself, gillian and big sister all had our meetings with frederick separate, he came to our rooms to see us.. also the day you leave the hospital after your op frederick will come to see you in the evening to see if your ok, a plus.. they are both easy on the eye lol x

OK i have not heard of this I just Booked through Bridget and got a Date.. No mention of a Taxi or Fred is He an RGN then?? I AM.:unsure:

So you have booked your own flightes and hotel then? that was the same as me.. i just booked the op through bridget and sorted everything else myself x

Hi Yes!

I am going from Southampton on FLYBE.. Staying at Hotel Campanile Vilvoorde.. 3 Nights..Fly back 31st May. 6pm.

How are you doing with your band ..have the wounds healed ok and is the port running ok?

How many fills have you had?... Weight Lost? so far .. are you finding easier now food wise? Sorry for the Questions x...

I have had 3 fills so far.. wounds have healed really well, my gp was impressed how neat everything is, and up to now i have lost 32lb. I still have to watch what i eat, i tried to have yellow fish last night and it hurt like hell and got stuck, that went in the bin lol, i had it last month an it went down ok, its all trial and error x

I have had 3 fills so far.. wounds have healed really well, my gp was impressed how neat everything is, and up to now i have lost 32lb. I still have to watch what i eat, i tried to have yellow fish last night and it hurt like hell and got stuck, that went in the bin lol, i had it last month an it went down ok, its all trial and error x

Great Well Done! Are you Happy "NO REGRETS" ??

I understand it takes some getting used to... have you tried Sushi that is supposed to be healthy I just wondered if the Rice wuld go down well> ONLY SMALL PORTIONS.

I have some ideas but its all about tolerating the food? perhaps drinking before the meal would help... as there would be some Fluid in the stomach I know we have to chew well... Trial & Error.. every one is Different, 32Lbs great WORK though!

How did you find the Surgeon, are the wounds glued Steristripped? I am concerned about the Scarring it could leave??

Cheers!:unsure:

God no i havnt any regrets, i do struggle with rice but im fine with Pasta, salmon i can eat no problem, any kind of bread is a no no, i can not eat that at all. The stitches are dissolving and they have healed really well and are fading good, i was browsing through the internet about the band and came across dr chris and then found this forum..its after finding this that i decided to book with dr chris, i would certainly recommend him to anyone x

PS you will be given paper work to come home with telling you what you can and can not eat, when to go on mushy food and when to try solids, you shoulnt drink for 15 mins after you have eaten as it will take the food through your stomach to quick.. but you'll get all this info x

Hey has anyone heard of marcus landauer? I contacted him about plastic surgery he rang me back and explained everything they only deal with uk surgeons who are fully uk qualified and registered and only use private hospitals like spire nuffield etc i just told him i had band and how much weight lost etc he said the top surgeon in this field after weight loss is a doctor fenton in spire leeds he said he can repositon my port and stuff no probs and leeds is a cheaper area than some other spire hospitals but he is the best for me he said by description of my tummy i might be best go for a fleur de lis tt which is the anchor shape u have the incision hip to hip and right up ur middle but it pulls u in and gives a great waist and shape i dread the scar but at least i could wear any clothes but he said they wouldnt know what type i really needed til consultation which is 100pounds with dr fenton himself and if i wanted any further consultations they would be free marcus isnt a sales person or anything but i think an advisor set up by nhs or something he is also a surgeon... I thik i will book a consult for july or august i would really like my op in sept cos il be 26 in october and i would like all done and i defo cant wait for xmas imagine we'l all be buying sexy little numbers also the fleur de lis tt is ment to bring u down a few clothes sizes and imagine i mite even have a waist lol

flirty..that fleur de lys is a pretty new procedure but it looks brill after..you have a great waist shape and it gets rid of love handles and some of the loose skin on your back too. good luck! x

i want one of these lol, ive had 3 c sections so have now got a really bad stomach, over hang strech marks etc so looks like i have to start saving for that one next lol the joys of children eh. Sorry to of worried you before Dawn i went with the package from dr chris and like someone said before they organise it all for you and for me it worked out cheaper this way x x

hey wishful, i got my multivits today tha A-Z ones from boots so started to take them lol. Is there anything else i need to know :0)

Hey Flirty - let us know how u get on with ur research! When i lost 5 and half stone about 6 years ago my tummy had lots of excess skin. I was only in my 20's and went to the gym 5 times a week so I am a bit worried about excess skin. I'll cross that bridge when I come to it though.

I can't believe how many newbies there are - it's great and ur in the right place! x

hey wishful, i got my multivits today tha A-Z ones from boots so started to take them lol. Is there anything else i need to know :0)

Well done you.. are they the chewable one's? after your band you wont be able to swallow tablets thats why you take chewable or liquid x

I've just got some haliborange chewable vit's A,B and D at the moment but I think I need a more complex one esp until my eating settles down. I think I may and get some. The ones I'm taking taste nice though!! :cursing:

BTW I saw a friend earlier who commented on my weight loss and I only saw her a month ago. My hubby won't have seen me for 8 weeks when I see him a week on Friday, he should notice the difference. :cursing:

Hi wishful i got a letter to see a surgeon from nhs on 10th march 2010 i dont think its worth waiting cos i could be told sorry go home or come back in another year i know the surgeon in spire leeds for a tt its £4100 or for the fleur de lis that im thinking of i think it £5300 which i think is so reasonable and arms are £3100 and i know if i get both done together oh im getting Lipo too i think it mite work out about 7500 or possibly less as they do procedure packages which works out way way cheaper...

Gillian u thik the fleur de lis is good the amount of cutting scares me but least its the full job done i have weight still on my sides and back and the way they pull u together should get rid of all that but sure il see but i defo want it done im sure the scar wil fade im just hoping when i have children i wont completely destroy everything again but sure i dont think il be too worried bout having a perfect flat belly after babys lol