Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Anyone know of Dr De Bruyne Chris

Hi all im getting a bit worried now as i booked my date with Frederick in march and he said i was now on his operation list and said that i needed the deposit in their account at least 2 weeks before my op well ive only just managed to get all the money together and with you lot saying that all his dates are booked up im worried he will of given my slot away what do you all think????? ive been waiting so long i would be devastated if he has, i have emailed him tonight to let him know that i will be transfering the money in to their account tomorrow but im not able to get access to my email while im at work so its going to kill me tomorrow waiting till i get home!!! also what is this milk thistle you have been talking about and what is best for the pre op diet is it just low fat food? so to be a pain just worried now, thanks guys tc tanya x x

Hi TanyaC - hope you get your confirmation soon that your date is secure, I know you have been waiting a long time already and am keeping fingers crossed for you, although I would think that if he has told you a date once already, he would be unlikely to cancel it, sure it will be ok. Bigsister x

Wow Gary your on your way to being a lean, keen, running machine, the op was really life changing for you, and its fab to know your taking full advantage of being really fit.

The restriction I had is wearing off now so I must try really hard not to gain any weight this weekend when I go to the smallholders show at the Royal Welsh Showground at Builth Wells, (I'm steward) all accommodation and meals are provided free of charge so it'll be a temptation, I come home on Monday and fly back to France on Wednesday for more temptation.

I'll just have to think how good it felt when I was loosing weight at the beginning of the month, and hope not to undo the good work.

Naughty sisters, let me know how your fill went today, It'll be interesting to know how much you had put in. xxx

hi mmm.we went to see wendy today. i asked for the tiniest amount put in..so got 0.25 taking me to 5.5ml i think. Water after wentdown well and drinking cuppa Soup and frothy coffee now, which is also fine. thats what it was like after last fill tho..but i really felt it the next day. so i cant really say til then..i will report again in the morning! bigsister had

0.50 in taking her to 6ml i think.

.anyway, enjoy your show this weekend..free everything too!..shame you cant take advantage of the free food much! x

Hi Gillian - it's a bit better but still on iced liquids. Hope you and Bigsis get on OK today. Let us know!!

hi sammy, fill went fine. wendy said she had met you and had your lovely little harrison on her knee!. i had the smallest amount of .25 fill..fine now but like last time, the test is tomorrow morning! at least this time i know it will pass like last x

Wow Gary your on your way to being a lean, keen, running machine, the op was really life changing for you, and its fab to know your taking full advantage of being really fit.

The restriction I had is wearing off now so I must try really hard not to gain any weight this weekend when I go to the smallholders show at the Royal Welsh Showground at Builth Wells, (I'm steward) all accommodation and meals are provided free of charge so it'll be a temptation, I come home on Monday and fly back to France on Wednesday for more temptation.

I'll just have to think how good it felt when I was loosing weight at the beginning of the month, and hope not to undo the good work.

Naughty sisters, let me know how your fill went today, It'll be interesting to know how much you had put in. xxx

Oh what lovely weekend you have planned, I really hope the weather holds! I'd be making the most of the free food and drink too - though not at the moment!!

I'm meant to be gongi to stay with my in laws tomorrow. I haven't told them about the band but if the only thing I can manage is ice lolly's I think I may have to!! I'd postpone but I could do with a bit of help right now as my little one has just come down with a cold and keeping me awake! Not ideal esp the way I feel right now. Roll on 2 weeks friday, hubby home!! If there's anything left of me :mad2:!! I've taken some nurofen melts to ease the swelling. I'd be having an unfill I could get one but it's getting better everyday and it seems a bit pointless trekking across the country if I'll be better in a couple of days! Mmm - how many days were u v tight for? How much have u got in ur band/what size is it? x

:mad2: hi fatpants!..your not kidding about the naughty chocolate going down well!.i am a chocoholic so still struggle with the chocolate..so it is sheer willpower that still, at least im not still stuffing fish n chips before a giant choc bar! biscuits and cake are not that much trouble either unfortunatly! i just have to make sure they are not so many of these things in the house now. i do still eat em, but less. glad your doing ok anyway,nice to see you on here again. x

hi sammy, fill went fine. wendy said she had met you and had your lovely little harrison on her knee!. i had the smallest amount of .25 fill..fine now but like last time, the test is tomorrow morning! at least this time i know it will pass like last x

Hi ladies - glad u got ur fill OK! Wendy's lovely eh? God I hope she doesn't think I've been moaning about her! Like you say - just the tiniest fill can make all the difference. I hope this one gives u restriction without the horrid tightness! Enjoy ur frothy coffee!!

I know chocolate goes down so well eh?!! I didn't used to be a massive chocoholic until I had young Harrison, thanks for that little man! He seems to have a sweet tooth too bless him. Good job I can control it! I just don't want him to be food obsessed like me!

Hi ladies - glad u got ur fill OK! Wendy's lovely eh? God I hope she doesn't think I've been moaning about her! Like you say - just the tiniest fill can make all the difference. I hope this one gives u restriction without the horrid tightness! Enjoy ur frothy coffee!!

i am expecting to get some of the horrible tightness tomorrow as i did with my last .25ml fill. im not gonna panic tho, ill just go carefully for few days..it will pass. not gonna have smoothie again tho, its too gloopy straight after..i will stick to easy to go down liquids and hopefully start losing another few more pounds. hope you have good time at your inlaws if you do go!. you could just tell em your on a diet in advance?.were never invited to our inlaws just down the road so havent told them. i dont want them to know either..they would think it a waste of money, and i just should have dieted..i may tell em eventually or it might leak out about it.the kids might tell em! x

Thanks Gillian............I've just e-mailed Frederik and asked to be booked in for the 4th August, my mum has agreed to come with me. I think shes a bit worried about hanging around on her own while i'm in the hospital, but i told her to have a gook at this site and see that most people take others with them so she probably wont beon her own.

Did anyone go to Brussels by eurostar. the flights are cheap but by the time you put all the charges on they go up and up. it would cost me about £400 whereas eurostar is about £100. I'm not tight but I have to what the pennies now as I'm using all of my savings for this. :mad2:

Hi Jackie

I'm going by eurostar. I chose to go this way because I was a little concerned about flying so soon after anesthetic, I know its OK but I knew I would feel better NOT flying, so thats what I am doing.

Westie x

Hi Every one and thanks all for the great advice. I know this sounds really stupid but I recieved an email yesterday giving me dates available and when I emailed him back he said two of the dates were now full. So, that leaves the 26/06/09 for me but can anyone tell me if that is the day he operates or the day you get there? I couldn't get on the pc earlier as teenage son was larking about and I haven't told any of my boys my intentions. I think he thinks Iam having an affair or something as every timehe comes in when Iam on the pc I have to close the page!! Anyway glad your fills went ok and I will certainly think about the hernia excuse. Cheers J

Hi Jackie

I'm going by eurostar. I chose to go this way because I was a little concerned about flying so soon after anesthetic, I know its OK but I knew I would feel better NOT flying, so thats what I am doing.

Westie x

Hi Westbourne and Jackie i went by eurostar from ashford as i live in kent, its really quick and not too painfull on the way back. The only slightly tricky bit is getting the train to vilvoorde after but its all in the same station you just have to find the right platform. You can walk from the station in vilvoorde to the campanille and it only takes about 5 mins. I qualified for childrens tickets still (even though im 25!) it was only about £140.00 for 2 people return. I did leave my phone on the eurostar on the way home though (must have been all the drugs slowing my brain) but i realised just in time and they found it and sent it back to me.

Hi Sammy, yes thanks, everything ok with fill up to now. I am drinking ok but like gillian, I may feel differently in the morning so will take it easy with the smoothie I got in just in case. There's no reason why Wendy would think you have been moaning about her?! Can't you think of an excuse to tell your in-laws - I suppose it depends on how long you're going to be staying with them? Bigsister x

Mmm - have a good show this weekend and hope weather is good. And try hard to keep off your hard earned lbs! Even if it is free food! Bigsister x

JackieM - totally know what you're saying about thinnies thinking 'well just diet then' - they have no concept of having to lose weight in a serious way. Everyone has their weaknesses - for some it's drink, some it's smoking, some it's drugs, some it's sex and for us it's food (for some it's all of these!) but it's harder when it's food cos you can't cut it out or avoid it completely.

Hope everyone's doing good, take care, bigsister x

Hi Sammy, the tightness decreased ever so slightly each day but I had to be ever so selective for at least a week, sticking to mainly mushy stuff, each day something or other came back up albeit only about a teaspoon full but I had plenty of notice and always made it to the loo.

3 days after my fill I went to France with girl friends, and I had to tell them I had a stomach upset, because I could'nt eat any quantity of anything, but as the week progressed things did get better. However I could'nt drink beer to save my life, and had to Water down all wine (so they really thought I was ill) you might want to use this excuse when visiting the in-laws.

Things have now settled down, I can eat almost everything, but only need smallish potions (child sized in restaurant). Funny thing is tho I can eat man sized bar of chocolate if I allowed myself to.

Hi Sammy, yes thanks, everything ok with fill up to now. I am drinking ok but like gillian, I may feel differently in the morning so will take it easy with the smoothie I got in just in case. There's no reason why Wendy would think you have been moaning about her?! Can't you think of an excuse to tell your in-laws - I suppose it depends on how long you're going to be staying with them? Bigsister x

Mmm - have a good show this weekend and hope weather is good. And try hard to keep off your hard earned lbs! Even if it is free food! Bigsister x

JackieM - totally know what you're saying about thinnies thinking 'well just diet then' - they have no concept of having to lose weight in a serious way. Everyone has their weaknesses - for some it's drink, some it's smoking, some it's drugs, some it's sex and for us it's food (for some it's all of these!) but it's harder when it's food cos you can't cut it out or avoid it completely.

Hope everyone's doing good, take care, bigsister x

I know what you mean bigsister im the one who wants them all lol,

Great news for me thou i spoke to fred earlier on and he has confirmed that im still booked in for the 29th so all good just need to book flights now i have found it more expensive to go on the eurostar than to fly just hope ill be ok to fly but from the sound of you lot you have all done ok xx thanks for all your help today guys and glad your fills went well

Hi homecare..hope you get your money together and can get an appointment in july..i didnt get the last thousand together til about 2 days before i left!..but i would have begged stole and borrowed to get it. it was all i could focus on. depending on your job, you could say have 2 or 3 days off then have a tummy bug for a few more days like sammy said?. or like me who has lifting etc.. i said id got an hospital appointment one day, then the week after said id got a date for the hernia op (the scars and recovery would be the same ish) tell em its the day before (for travel) and then you would only be having few more days off after..then when they see your dressings and scars etc,tell em you have to take it easy.i got a doctors note, and my sister did too for 2 weeks off if i needed.(she just put operation in the reason bit) it was easy to get away with!. isnt it awfull that we have to lie!. good luck anyway x

Think you did beg, steal and borrow - off me didn't you?! And stop encouraging all these other forum users to lie like you did! (She has always been good at that since she could talk!) Why do little sisters seem to get away with things that big sisters can't?