Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Anyone know of Dr De Bruyne Chris

Hiccups still here but not as much as yesterday, which felt as if I was doing internal aerobics, its only a couple an hour now, but I can now at least drink, it might be a slight overfill, cos I was pretty keen to get as much as he was willing to give me, but as its easing off a bit I'll take the risk and hopefuly as Gary said it will ease off after 1 week. It might stop me putting on weight as I did last time.

I've taken the precaution and have an unfill needle packed should things get any worse when I'm in France, and as its a French band I'm sure someone will be able to help me. The only thing bothering me is that if this is an overfill, and I fly freckles said that flying increases the restriction, so will I be able to cope with the flight its 1hr 50mins. The other thing bothering me is if its not an overfill and only trapped wind, when I fly the wind/air will expand and what will happen then:crying: will I fart, burp or explode:drool: happy days, I'll let you know when I get back xxxmmmxxx

Hey tee bird yeah still set to meet... Eh as for food not sure i just ate in the hotel had yummy cheese burger and chips lol Think we'l go into brussels for a nosy and i mite do some shopping during the day but dont think il be eating much im getting a fill on the monday at 7pm and will be on liquids for 2days so least we'l all be on liquids haha except for ur hubby... I was looking at ur pics u dont look to have much weight...

Cheers chick but Yeah, got loads to lose, at 5ft 8 i'm 18 stone now and want to get down about 7 1/2 stone, i've done it before on lighter life and managed to tone up really well by kicking the arse out of circuit training, you wouldn't have known i'd lost so much weight, but then again that was 4 years ago and i just hope i can do it again...

Ah tee bird u'l defo do it be no problem to ya... I just wish we were going to belgium tomorro lol it'l be great to be there and be able to have a look around and stuff unlike last time lol it'l be weird being back but looking forward to it... And even more looking forward to my fill i hope dr chris wil be genrous lol

Ah tee bird u'l defo do it be no problem to ya... I just wish we were going to belgium tomorro lol it'l be great to be there and be able to have a look around and stuff unlike last time lol it'l be weird being back but looking forward to it... And even more looking forward to my fill i hope dr chris wil be genrous lol

Flirty, Can you tell me about your fills? How many have you had and how much in each fill? How well did each fill work for you? Cheers chick x

hey iv had 6fills so far 3ml 2ml .25ml .5ml 1ml .5ml so i have 7.25mls now i have never had restriction thats why im really hoping il have a good fill in belgium and why im so looking forward to it cos its hard without restriction im after having a big steak for dinner and i ate loads of bread cos it was in house usually i keep bread out of house but these are things i shouldnt be able to eat if i had restriction so all i have in house is milk tead coffee veg potatoes and meat for dinner i dont buy anything else cos i will eat it and i can still eat large portions of everything but im really hoping this next fill will help cos im finding it very difficult at the min

Hi girlies, I have been busy too. my Mum has finally been transferred to the nursing home near us, so have been round there helping her settle in. Then last night we went for a well-deserved night out with friends.

Ended up going for an Indian curry, was scrummy...no I havent got any restriction at all :laugh:

Roll on 9th May.

Wishfull lovely to see you back...did your plan work?

hello and welcome to all the newbies, we seem to be getting a lot of people here lately, and its lovely.

Mmm glad your hiccups have gone sweetheart, that must have been a nightmare for you.

No, what I said was...you get restriction after long-haul flights, that is...anything over 4 hours, so you should be ok going to France.

Hya Gillian we missed you hun, where's your naughty Big sis?

Hi wishful - nice to see you back!! My mum say hi and does little man.

mmm - so glad ur hic-cups have gone. Whata nightmare!!

Freckles that's great about ur mum I bet u are very happy!! How's ur daughter getting on?

Gillian, Gary, Flirty and everyone else hello!

Well I have been for my 2nd fill (not the best of plans travelling into London with a baby on marathon day!). Wendy and Steve are both lovely and I think the level of aftercare is hopefully going to be good. She took the 3 ml out that Frederik had put in (just to see if it was 3 ml) and it came out yellow! She wasn't happy with it so has refilled me up to 4 ml. I thought I would have been taken up to 5 ml (7-9ml band) but never mind. I felt like much more of a person than when I saw Frederik, it wasn't in and out like cattle! So on liquids now for 3 days. I'll try and get another appointment for 2 weeks time as they are in London every other weekend.

Edited by SAMMY77

hey iv had 6fills so far 3ml 2ml .25ml .5ml 1ml .5ml so i have 7.25mls now i have never had restriction thats why im really hoping il have a good fill in belgium and why im so looking forward to it cos its hard without restriction im after having a big steak for dinner and i ate loads of bread cos it was in house usually i keep bread out of house but these are things i shouldnt be able to eat if i had restriction so all i have in house is milk tead coffee veg potatoes and meat for dinner i dont buy anything else cos i will eat it and i can still eat large portions of everything but im really hoping this next fill will help cos im finding it very difficult at the min

Not long to go now, hang in there chick, before you know it we'll be in belgium and i bet you get restriction this time x

:laugh: great news Freckles!, your mum is now in the nursing home she likes, thats got to have lifted a bit of weight off you!..lets hope your next fill does the same now! (pun intended!). hope your daughters doing well too..youve not had easy first half to this year have you?..lets hope things are looking up now.

Mmm..yes, like Freckles says,its flights over 4 hours that you need a slight unfill for, as the presssure tightens the band. i have only just seen your posts about hiccups, but i knew theyd go, the fill needs few days to settle in, then it seems to feel looser, its shows your nearly there tho!..bet you lose summat this time!.

Sammy, glad you got on well with wendy and steve at WLS, theyre lovely arent they.

everyone else...Hi, hope your all ok and doing well, and looking forward to shedding some weight this summer! :thumbup:x

Thanx Sammy and Gillian, it is good now Mums in the nursing home. I go over every lunch time though to get her to eat and she is doing ok. Now she needs to walk, but she is weight-bearing so thats an improvment.

Great news on the fills, wish they had a place nearer to me. I mailed them and they replied saying they didnt have any plans of coming to the North West, but thanx for my input...sob.

Forgot to also say I take a milk thistle tablet every night and remember Michael said my liver was in excellent condition, just proves it works cos I am a bit of a boozer lol. Specially since I gave up the fags.

Hi All

Hope everyone is doing well, my mum has now taught me how to give my own fills so just put another 0.5mls as my restriction has been wearing off over the last couple of days... i had hoped that i wouldnt need another fill for ages but never mind!

Hi everyone,

I bought some milk thistle tablets on Saturday and the health food shop said that they were just the job to help shrink my liver so I am taking them now as well as my muilti Vitamins.< /p>

Can I just ask all you old hands - I've been reading your comments about fills and restrictions, do you pay £100 each time you have a small fill? If you are not getting restriction and not losing weight does this mean that its not working at all?

I ask because each time I need to visit the clinic I will have to make a day trip, I live so far from clinics.

Sorry to be a pain with all the questions............... W

:laugh: My format has gone all wierd!..i dont like it, has everyone elses or is it just mine?? it wont move on to next page, but it looks like there is one, font is different, user names look different etc:cursing: aaarrrggghhh!

Gillian - yeah mine has gone weird too - me no like either!!

Westbourne - yes they are £80-90 per fill. I have just booked an aftercare package with WLS Group (so have some others on here) which is £349.50 for unlimited fills in 6 months (they also do 12 and 24 months). I'm not sure if they are in ur area though. I too have to make a bit of a day trip to London. Taxi's and train fares were over £40 which is a bit of a pain but would be more on a week day. I'm aiming to go every 2 weeks also so it's gonna cost me more than I thought! I would have to go into London anyway for a fill as it's the nearest place I've found. It's right next to Oxford Street so I do get to have a nose around too! :laugh:

Morning everyone. Freckels let us know how ur mum settles in.

Did I say I've booked a 2 week holiday in June to Tenerife? Am hoping to shift at least a stone by then. I'm happy as I thought Belgium was my holiday this year!! :thumbup: