Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Anyone know of Dr De Bruyne Chris

Hello everyone!! Sorry I haven't been on here for a while,:thumbdown:

My life's been a bit crazy since February for various different reasons, but I'm happy to say it's all getting back to normal slowly but surely.

Since the last time I came on here, I've had three fills with Frederic in Manchester. I had 3 mils, then 2 mils then a further 1 mil put in on Thursday, taking me to 6 mils in a 10 mil band. I actually believe I may be starting to get nearer proper restriction now, although one more fill might be required, I'll have to see how I go at easing myself back on to normal foods over the next couple of days.

My weight has been coming off slowly, but at least it's going to be sustainable this time. I have lost 24 pounds, but am hoping that a few more will come off in the next few days. I'd be really pleased if I get to the two stone mark soon. I'm not buying any new clothes yet though!

You might remember that I started a Facebook group called 'Gastric Band Patients of Dr Christiaan de Bruyne' which a few people did not want to join because their friends did not know about their operation. Well, I am pleased to say that I have now made the group invisible, so it won't appear on anyone's Facebook profile. So, if people would still like to join the group, send me a personal message on here and I will add you as a friend on Facebook and then invite you to join the group.

We've got 8 members at the moment, and it's much easier to follow the conversation than on this thread, because it's sooo long!!

Anyhow, I hope you're all well and I'll check back in again sometime soon.

Bye for now,

Miss Flump x

Well hello stranger! Nice to hear from you. I think you were banded about 3 weeks before me and sister Gillian.

My weight loss has not been earth shattering and I have had 3 fills now in 10ml band - 2mls, then 2mls and 1.25mls a couple of weeks ago - and haven't found any restriction yet. Going again tomorrow and altho Gillian doesn't think she needs any more in at moment, think I probably will. I had only lost a total of 1st 4lbs last time I went - has been more but a bit has gone back on. I'm hoping tomorrow's weigh in will show a further loss as I have been really trying this last couple of weeks since last fill - didn't have any easter egg/chocolate yesterday, surely you get made a saint for that?!

I will see if I can get someone to set up FB for me and will then PM you. Take care, bigsister x

Hi Cant Weight. I found I didn't get hungry for several weeks after being banded (think it took a while for the internal swelling to settle down). As far as I remember, I introduced mushy foods after about 10 days but naughty sister Gillian did this probably after 5. I don't think it told us in the info we got to bring home about how long to stay on liquids but if you feel like you'll go crazy without something a bit more 'substantial', why not try milky Ready Brek to start or some of my now famous ground rice - you can buy a packet in Sainsburys etc and just add milk, bit of sugar or sweetener and its cooked in just a few minutes and is quite satisfying (especially with a blob of jam stirred into it!) If you find you're ok with this, then go on to some mashed up veg - carrot, swede, cauli, brocolli etc with a bit of gravy or cheese sauce. I then introduced a small amount of M&S tinned minced lamb in gravy which is very tasty as the bits of meat are very small and so it goes down well.

You seem to be recovering really well, I was still having a fair bit of 'gas pain' for almost 10 days after surgery so think yourself lucky if you have escaped that!

Enjoy the rest of your bank holiday and try to ignore the easter eggs, bigsister x

Thanks for the Tips bigsis, sometimes i wonder if its mind over matter has im use to eating large quantitys now im hardly eating much at all...

I was feeling a little dizzy the other day and thought maybe its because im not eating much, at the moment Ive just been having a nutrition shake/some home made soup/lots of water/and asda's no calories icelollys/tea..along with me Vitamin sweets..

Im begining to think my minds trying to trick me into thinking im starving lol but actually im not?

The other day the mullerlite filled me up quite quick with a few spoonsfull.....

OOH I dunno :thumbdown:

Thanks for the Tips anyway bigsis x

Thanks for the Tips bigsis, sometimes i wonder if its mind over matter has im use to eating large quantitys now im hardly eating much at all...

I was feeling a little dizzy the other day and thought maybe its because im not eating much, at the moment Ive just been having a nutrition shake/some home made soup/lots of water/and asda's no calories icelollys/tea..along with me Vitamin sweets..

Im begining to think my minds trying to trick me into thinking im starving lol but actually im not?

The other day the mullerlite filled me up quite quick with a few spoonsfull.....

OOH I dunno :thumbdown:

Thanks for the Tips anyway bigsis x

Hi Cant Weight. Yes, you do need to take time for your body and your mind to adjust to a new way of eating and do things gradually. You are having exactly the right things and I'm sure the dizziness is just down to you sticking to liquids at the moment, your body will be in a bit of shock still from both the surgery and lack of large portions! Well done so far and just take things slowly and give yourself a bit of time to recover, it's a marathon, not a race! Take care, bigsis x

Hi Everyone, good to hear your all well and happy. Glad that all the fills went ok. Your messages are realy educational. Wow.

Can't Wait, glad to see your back, happy, and well. Hope your recovery carries on as it has started.

I try to get on here everyday to check all your great messages, you have all given some great advice. It will not be long for me now, only a couple of weeks. I am getting more and more excited.

Hope you have all had a nice easter break.

xxxxxxxxxxxMxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Hey All

Could someone please give me Dr Christian De Bruyne's email address to talk to him direct? I am looking for a consult in Edinburgh but the europesurgery woman was a bit confusing.

Also, is there anyone looking at being banded early July with him, as im looking at then.

Thanks

Pen

:(

Hey All

Could someone please give me Dr Christian De Bruyne's email address to talk to him direct? I am looking for a consult in Edinburgh but the europesurgery woman was a bit confusing.

Also, is there anyone looking at being banded early July with him, as im looking at then.

Thanks

Pen

:(

chris.debruyne@advalvas.be

Oh well my post easter update and im up 5lbs lol im so mad so starvation it is for the next few weeks lol

Oh well my post easter update and im up 5lbs lol im so mad so starvation it is for the next few weeks lol

tell me about it sweet cheeks my weight is up and doon like a fiddlers elbow but strvation aint the answer it only makes it worse. I was 9 pound lighter on sun morning from sat (on the same scales and same time) yet 7 of them are back on today, i do think however its because i had a wee bevvy on sat and must have been dehydrated on sun.

GX

Ah G u gave in to the dreaded bevy lol Ah im sick of this weight goin up and down its a nightmare im hoping to get a good fill when i go to belgium in may maybe even a double fill... So did u pull the weekend garry???????

Ah G u gave in to the dreaded bevy lol Ah im sick of this weight goin up and down its a nightmare im hoping to get a good fill when i go to belgium in may maybe even a double fill... So did u pull the weekend garry???????

yeh ma hamstring hahahaha, i am a cheap date as i aint been drinking i was blootered very quick, i need to get my finger out with this stag weekend looming. What about you

Gary - Thanks so much, I have emailed him today. I am hoping to get a consult with him asap then go for the op in early July since I am off work then.

Cheers :(

Pen:tt2:

Gary - Thanks so much, I have emailed him today. I am hoping to get a consult with him asap then go for the op in early July since I am off work then.

Cheers :(

excellent keep us posted, sorry if my message was blunt earlier, i was busy at work and just wnted you to have maill address.

Regards

G

:) just back from my "not fill"! i was sure i didnt want a fill and wendy agreed with me.so just had weigh in and advice. i have quite a good restriction at the moment and could manage a little fill maybe but this portion size i have just had to get used to in the last 2 weeks since last fill is taking some getting used to!..and i am leaving food on my plate for the first time!..the dogs love me at mo!..i want to have this restriction for another few more weeks and really make my brain believe it! (yes cant weight, i would say its mind over matter!) its hard to get out of the habit of having big plate full, and i still like to see my plate full, even though i cant eat it! anyway its 2 weeks since last fill and today i had lost another 5lb..and im pleased about that..might not sound a lot, but its a safe amount to be losing in 2 weeks...and the best bit is...ill never put it back on!.im going to see her in another 2 weeks, where ill maybe have tiny amount put in, or maybe not depending, might leave it another month. i totally trust what my fill nurse says anyway so i leave it all up to her. hope everyone has had a great easter,were taking kids to legoland on friday for weekend..hope weathers ok x

Cheers :)

good luck!..have you read back a bit through this forum?..youll get all the advice and encouragement from us on here..ask anything you like and one of us will answer you. Gillian x

Hi Everone

Hope you all had a good easter and congrats Gillian on you weight loss!

I am suffering from severe head hunger today (think too much alcohol over the weekend did not help!) I just want to eat everything but i still have really good restriction and i cant! I know i should not moan because really i dont need the food, guess you cant win either way...just want to fill the bath up with chinese and stick my head in it :)