Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Anyone know of Dr De Bruyne Chris

Hello everyone,

I'm Miss Flump and I am getting banded by Dr De Bruyne on 23rd December. Only problem is that I have to fly home the next day, rather than stay in the hotel for an extra day, because of Christmas. I must be mad.

Is anyone else getting banded around the same time? Would love to get chatting if you are.

I'm looking forward to shedding some of the 6 to 7 stone I need to lose, but not looking forward to making my way back to the airport if I'm in a lot of pain.

Hope to speak to you all soon.

Flumpy x x

hi..wouldn't be my choice...but good luck...

hi.. I wasnt given a choice of volume.. he said 2ml and 1.5 next time.. I wonder if it was because of the collection around the port that made him decide on that??.. anyway, so far no restriction, and this evening I had two bacon rolls.. could have eaten more but trying to be good!!!..am treating myself to a glass of wine, might even have two!.. havent booked another fill yet.. think I might see how this goes, and book for january, if I can wait that long.. If all is well, I think i'll ask for a larger fill otherwise it'll get costly trying to get to the sweet spot. How much weight have you lost this far?.. are you happy with your progress??

have a nice weekend

vanessa:thumbup:

Hi Vanessa, I've lost 31lbs so far, (wish it was more) but it really slowed down after my first fill, to just 1lb a week, but at least it's coming off, that's the thing! You naughty woman!!! What are you doing eating bacon rolls when you're supposed to be on liquids until Monday??LOL! You've made me want one now!!!!

Kath.:cool:;)

Thanks for letting me know how you went on..glad your ok, and that the Fluid round port was just what the site was flushed out with..im sure it will feel better now with it out. I suppose youll know better your restriction when you eat some solid food? has anything made you sick up to now? when will you have another fill?. in the 4 weeks how much weight have you lost? it is better to do it slower though isnt it?..I think ill get frustrated at first if I dont shift a lot, but Ill try and stop myself being over enthusiastic and keep reminding myself that a slower weight loss is better for your skin! I know ill be left with bit of sag,cos of the amount of weight on my belly,loadsa stretch marks, 3 caesarian scars and my age,(sound gorgeous dont I!? lol!) but trading fat for bit of sag has surely got to be better for me!..also I can go back to same hospital for reasonable Tummy Tuck in couple of years!? Ive looked into that too! I shall be a new woman hopefully! lol! anyway..enjoy your mushies later!. Im eating steaks and things I know ill have probs with after the op at the mo,getting it down my neck while i can!.do you have probs with certain foods yet?. anyway thanks again for your answers..have a lovely weekend.Gillian x

Hi Gillian, I was reading the post above from you about going back to the same hospital for a tummy tuck in a year or so..................have you enquired, or do you know that they do them there, cos I would definitely be interested. In fact, wouldnt it be good if Dr Chris and his team did them? At least we would know where we were going, and who we were dealing with!!!!!:cool:

Kath:bye:

Hi Gillian, I was reading the post above from you about going back to the same hospital for a Tummy Tuck in a year or so..................have you enquired, or do you know that they do them there, cos I would definitely be interested. In fact, wouldnt it be good if Dr Chris and his team did them? At least we would know where we were going, and who we were dealing with!!!!!:cool:

hi.. they do do tummy tucks at he hospital.. done by Dr deDonker.. Dr, Chrsi only does the banding surgery..Cost of tuck is approx £1500... only know this cos a lady who had lost 10st was having one the day after my banding..

Kath you've lost loads of weight..well done.. I don't have any restriction on the 2mls.. I will try to be good, but my halo is slipping!!!!...just tried a pork pie... couldnt eat it..too greasy... so, thats a good sign dont you think? lol!!!

well, back to the fridge to see what else I can eat!! ;)

Hi all, especially those in South Wales. I have read all posts with interest. I am contemplating 23 December also but have not made firm arrangements. I am also toying with the idea of going to France for just a few euros more. Has anyone heard of a Dr Frering?

Sally

Hi lilykay...did you find out if you can book direct with doctor chris? I was trying to find out the same. Gillian x

Hi Gillian, I went on thurs for a consultation and Chris gave me a card with fredriks email for direct questions it's fredrik.serneels@ecfs.be Hope this helps sorry it took so long to reply, my computer isn't notifying me of any replys to theards for some strange reason!!!!!:thumbup:

Hi all, especially those in South Wales. I have read all posts with interest. I am contemplating 23 December also but have not made firm arrangements. I am also toying with the idea of going to France for just a few euros more. Has anyone heard of a Dr Frering?

Sally

Hi Sally,

I'm getting banded on 23rd December by Dr De Bruyne and flying home Christmas Eve. I hope I'm not going to be in too much pain.

I need to get it done in December because I'm a teacher and I'd have to wait until the summer otherwise.

I've not heard of Dr Frering, but if you do a search on this site, you might find out some more information.

Good Luck and post back to let us know of your choice. If you choose Dr De Bruyne, there's every chance we might meet one another.

Miss Flump x x

Hey Miss Flump, I am a teacher too, hence the December choice of date. I have heard back directly off Dr Chris saying he still has a free spot on that date but he has not sent me prices yet. I was looking to find out about the package that the others have been mentioning. I thought I may have to fly back on Christmas Day, so the anaethetic had chance to work through the system. My son says he'll come with me as long as the hotel has a gym, lol.

Since mentioning things to family and friends, I have had mixed reactions. Some have been really encouraging and others have told me to not be so drastic and just stop over eating! easier said than done hey!

If I definitely book for 23 I will let you know and we can meet up over there :thumbup:

Sally

Hi Sally,

Wow. Travelling back Christmas day. I'd not really considered that, but I can't change now unfortunately, as my ticket's booked.

I haven't booked a hotel yet, but I think I'm going to go with the Campanile in Vilvoorde. Their website seems OK and most other people on this forum have tended to stay there.

I know what you mean about the mixed reactions you've had from people. I've only told about 6 people so far, and my boyfriend is dead set against it!! His 'have a bit of self-control' is easier said than done. He's of the whippet breed!! I'm a total foodie and I need the restriction. It can't come quick enough for me now. I'm counting down the weeks in school!!

Hope to talk to you soon.

Katie x

Hi Gillian, I was reading the post above from you about going back to the same hospital for a Tummy Tuck in a year or so..................have you enquired, or do you know that they do them there, cos I would definitely be interested. In fact, wouldnt it be good if Dr Chris and his team did them? At least we would know where we were going, and who we were dealing with!!!!!:rolleyes:

Hi Kath..Sorry its took so long to get back to you..my internet is running very slow and Ive given up on it this weekend!....but..I think your question has been answered already by Vanesa!..yes they do do the tummy tuck there for £1500..different doctor unfortunatly, but look on europesurgery.com...I know about it cos its who Im having my band done with.. it costs about £5000-£7000 in England..so its a big saving. I will definatly need at least that doing after, maybe a boob lift too, as my big bangers have got to droop after!.anyway I have got a definate date of 16th January now for my band..hope I do as well as you, and the others on here!..well done! Gillian x

Sally

Hi Sally, no sorry not heard of Dr Frering, as for an appointment on the 23rd Dec . I went with a friend and we were both banded on the friday, myself in the morning and hayley in the afternoon. We went to the hotel saturday afternoon and we both felt exhausted and a little sorry for ourselves (which is how we would expect to feel after having an operation) Sunday morning we had our flights home, both hayley and myself really struggled all the way home, and we both said that if had to do it again we would give ourselves more time to recover maybe another day or two.Also we were both in the same pain so there was no one to help us with cases etc.

I appreciate that everyone is different and i have read on the forum that some are fine and out shopping the following day after the operation and you could be the same but if your not that lucky then its not going to be easy and you definately need someone with you to look after you. ( simple things like putting your surgical stockings back on after a shower lol)

I dont mean to sound negative as i am really positive about my banding and was very impressed with Dr Chris and his team but just make sure you dont rush your return home.

Hi Gillian, just noticed you have changed your date and moved it back a week. I will be less than 2 weeks behind you now. I have paid the deposit and booked the flights, so no turning back now. The book I ordered only arrived today, so I haven't had chance to have a read yet. 71 days to go - I'm getting more nervous by the minute, but excited too!

Good luck to you too Miss Flump and Tropical Lagoon, you are very brave to have the op on 23rd December - I will be thinking of you both x

Hi Gillian, just noticed you have changed your date and moved it back a week. I will be less than 2 weeks behind you now. I have paid the deposit and booked the flights, so no turning back now. The book I ordered only arrived today, so I haven't had chance to have a read yet. 71 days to go - I'm getting more nervous by the minute, but excited too!

Good luck to you too Miss Flump and Tropical Lagoon, you are very brave to have the op on 23rd December - I will be thinking of you both x

Hi TC!. yes hes not doing surgery on the 9th now, so I was offered other dates and took the week after..so no, not as far in front of you now!..I will have to re adjust my countdown calender! going to doctors this afternoon..bit scared that shell tell me off, but am going to fight my corner well!..and whatever she says..i am still having it done..so Im just going to inform her really and ask for some support after maybe..dietician or nutritionalist or something. Ill let you know how i go on afterwards! oh yes welcome miss flump and tropical lagoon! yes your brave having it done on the 23rd december..Id have no chance with a house full of kids over xmas! wish you all the best though! Gillian x

Hi Gillian, When I look at the charts I need to lose between 5 and 7 stones. 5 will be enough for me though, as I will also be about a size 12 then ( I think anyway -I have never been that weight for as long as I can remember!). I booked direct through Frederik - I did have to email him a couple of times before I got a response but I now have an op date of 27 Jan. I haven't been to my GP yet. I haven't been with the practice long and even though I know I need to go and see her before the op, I'm not sure how she will react and I'm dreading it and keep putting off. I'm not sure why there are not many of us pre-banders on here but I'm really happy to have found this forum x

Hi TC27 I also felt nervous about telling my GP and didnt tell him until I got back and was pleasantly surprise at his reaction. He asked me all about the op and was very impressed with the report that Dr Chris had given him and with me for having it done. So dont worry, my GP is now aware that I have a band and will support me and im sure yours will to.:)

hi.. they do do tummy tucks at he hospital.. done by Dr deDonker.. Dr, Chrsi only does the banding surgery..Cost of tuck is approx £1500... only know this cos a lady who had lost 10st was having one the day after my banding..

Kath you've lost loads of weight..well done.. I don't have any restriction on the 2mls.. I will try to be good, but my halo is slipping!!!!...just tried a pork pie... couldnt eat it..too greasy... so, thats a good sign dont you think? lol!!!

well, back to the fridge to see what else I can eat!! :unsure:

Hi van Hi everyone, just caught up with all the new posts, wow quite a few of you are about to become bandsters lol it brings back memories of how I felt once I made that choice with all the doubts,fears and excitement.

Well done on the weight loss, I seem to be stuck on losing between 10 and 12lbs but although its not showing on the scales my body shape is changing and my face is looking thinner. Im going for my first fill on the 27th Nov and cant wait. I am being so good but finding I can eat more and more as time goes on, although the band will tell me exactly what it thinks if I eat to much or to fast lol. I had an incident the other day in tescos where I was so hungrey that I tried eating a sausage roll while walking around and it came up as fast as it went down with a lot of pain besides. Luckily for me there was nobody around when I chucked up but im sure I was caught on camera reaching for the kitchen roll. At the moment I dont really feel any restriction until I have that sort of a reaction, then it sorts my head out lol:cursing:

Glad they have sorted your port problem out, did you have swelling around there then? So far all my wounds are healing very nicely and the GP checked them out and said they looked good. I think I took the sticthes out to soon on one of the wounds, but its scabbed over now and looking ok. :)