Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Anyone know of Dr De Bruyne Chris

Hi I'm new to the forum and am really grateful for all of your posts on this topic and Dr Chris., they have answered most of my worries and questions. I have been in touch with Frederik and have been given a date of 27 Jan '09 for my surgery. Now the moment of truth and sending the deposit and making it all real-- I am so nervous and feel I have a million doubts/thoughts going through my mind (sorry for being dramatic). ie will it work for me as nothing else has!! At first my husband didn't want me to do it, but now he is being supportive, however everyone else I know is being very negative and it is affecting me. The question, should I be selfish and go ahead or should I listen to everyone else about the dangers etc. Thank you all for your support

lol.... theres nothing quite like the knicker test!!!!....

I have a weekend witht the girls in Manchester 28/11.. now they all know, eating or lack of it wont be a problem.. I seem to have swapped eating to watching cooking programmes!!!... I must be in mourning.!!

Had terrible trouble getting onto this site yesterday.. this is my email address in case you'd like it..annjones29@aol.com

Hi Van sorry not been on for a while, my comp went a bit weird and I have had trouble with getting on line. Lol Yes I know what you mean about T.V programmes, I try and avoid the cooking ones, but the a adverts are driving me mad, esp the choc ones arrrgggggghhhhh I want some:w00t: I keep telling myself thats its all in the head, but my tummy is shouting Nooooo its not lol. I cant wait to get filled (that just sounds sooooo rude). I am down about 9lbs which im pleased about but I seem to have got stuck and those bloody scales are not moving for me lol. Here is my email address christinechinnery@yahoo.com just in case you or anyone else wants to chat off the forum lol

hiya im havin my second fill on 27th november in london is that where you are going?

Hi Naomi, yes im having my first fill in London at 2 oclock, what time are you going to be there?:biggrin:

Hi I'm new to the forum and am really grateful for all of your posts on this topic and Dr Chris., they have answered most of my worries and questions. I have been in touch with Frederik and have been given a date of 27 Jan '09 for my surgery. Now the moment of truth and sending the deposit and making it all real-- I am so nervous and feel I have a million doubts/thoughts going through my mind (sorry for being dramatic). ie will it work for me as nothing else has!! At first my husband didn't want me to do it, but now he is being supportive, however everyone else I know is being very negative and it is affecting me. The question, should I be selfish and go ahead or should I listen to everyone else about the dangers etc. Thank you all for your support

TC congrates on making that first move. As you have read through the past posts you will see how nearly all of us were very nervous with many of us having doubts including me lol. It is only natural that you feel like this, its a decision, that is not made lighty.

You're thought about 'will it work for me', well if you dont try you will never know and will always be asking yourself 'if only'. How is this selfish? If you have the support of your hubby then that is all you need. The only person who can make the choice is you, other peoples opinions are not really relevant, (except your GP).

I have only told 3 people (and of course all you lot on this forum lol) about my op and they have and are supporting me all the way, i was not interested in other peoples negitive responses because I dont think they really understood how I felt being over weight and how very unhappy I was.

As for the dangers, well, there are more positives than negitives to losing weight, the co-mobilities associated with weight problems are the real dangers. At the end of the day TC the choice is yours, this forum is fantastic for advise and support and we will all be behind you 100% if you go ahead with it:thumbup:

Thank you for your supportive reply Chrissy. I think my hormones must be raging (PMT/peri-menopausal and all that crap) as I was quite emptional when reading your response. It's lovely to have someome to talk to who knows what it really feels like to want the op so much. I haven't told that many people, mainly close friends and my parents and they all disagree with me, but then again none of them have been overweight, especially my mother who has been slim all her life. I have decided to go for it and just tell the people that need to know when I have had the op. I have researched this for months and feel (especially after being on this forum) that it is the right way ahead for me. Thank you again for your support:thumbup:

Edited by TC27

hiya TC27

its never going to be an easy decision and there will always be negatives, I couldnt wait to have my surgery and researched it well, there are negatives with all cosmetic procedures, you need to do it for yourself and not for others. If you feel you are doing the right thing go for it!! I openly told everyone including work collegues and a few people did think it was quite drastic action but now they are seeing the results thats all im having is support, compliments and encouragement!! Good luck with whatever you decide!! xx

Thank you for your supportive reply Chrissy. I think my hormones must be raging (PMT/peri-menopausal and all that crap) as I was quite emptional when reading your response. It's lovely to have someome to talk to who knows what it really feels like to want the op so much. I haven't told that many people, mainly close friends and my parents and they all disagree with me, but then again none of them have been overweight, especially my mother who has been slim all her life. I have decided to go for it and just tell the people that need to know when I have had the op. I have researched this for months and feel (especially after being on this forum) that it is the right way ahead for me. Thank you again for your support:thumbup:

Awww TC Im feeling for you, I also went through a very emotional time as well. Im glad you have decided to go for it, and dont be disappointed with your friends and Mum's response, its not only because the dont understand, (slim people just dont get it:cursing:) , its also because they all care about you. It will all become very clear to them once you have had it done and are down to a size 8 lol, and anyway once its done there is no going back lol :rolleyes2:

Thank you again Chrissy and also to you Sparky! You are both right and it is something I want to do for myself, selfish or not. I know they are all just concerned but in the end it's my life and my body. I'm 46 and still afraid of my Mam lol!! (she is lovely really) I wont tell her until I get back though and like you said, it will be too late by then.

Good luck to you both and maybe we will all be a size 8 one day:smile2:

Hi TC! you sound just like me!..Im booked in for 9th Jan, Im 43 and have about 6 stone to lose, my husband didnt want me to have it at first but is supportive now..I dont shut up about it either!..my mum (who has always been slim too!)and a close few friends know..I am expecting some negative comments from other family members when i tell them. I too am feeling a bit selfish, especially as its credit crunch at our house with 3 hungry sons to feed and all wanting xmas gifts..but i have never done anything for myself and have been depressed about my size for years..I keep thinking...shall I still do it or cancel??..but i am going to..even though im nervous...The girls on this forum have all inspired me..havent they done great!!..and I havent heard anything but praise for doctor Chris...gillian x:smile2:

Hi Guys, I was just wondering if anyone knows if it is possible to book direct with Dr. Bruyne. I've been in contact with a woman named Bridget at Professional Beauty, but unfortunately she doesn't seem too keen to be helpful with giving out any information and hasn't replied to my last email. It is such a big amount of money I want to be absolutely certain that it's the right procedure to have so am thinking booking directly would offer more assurance. Any thoughts on this anyone????

Cheers Kay

Hi I booked with Bridget for jan 9th..Not got much communication either though!..still its booked and im going..bit nervous though! Im going to text or email her to make sure eveything is still set up...cos I was just given the date and that was about it! hope you have sorted something out? gillian x

Hi Gillian - we do sound very similar don't we:smile2:

I was very unsure if I was doing the right thing for numerous reasons, including as you said spending so much on myself when there are so many things the family could do with the money. I do think we are doing the right thing though for health reasons alone (I have 5 stones to lose and have been told by my GP I need tablets for high blood pressure - hopefully I can lose the weight and not need the medication). I am over the moon I stumbled across this forum as it is great for for first hand advice and support and yes they have all done brilliantly (that cold be us soon:thumbup:) You will have gone through it before me, so I'm looking forward to hearing of your journey too and hopefully we can support each other through it all. x

Hi Naomi, yes im having my first fill in London at 2 oclock, what time are you going to be there?:(

hiya im going at 3 so you will prob be gone by the time i get there thats a shame is it your first fill i cant wait fo mine im starving

Hi Gillian - we do sound very similar don't we:smile2:

I was very unsure if I was doing the right thing for numerous reasons, including as you said spending so much on myself when there are so many things the family could do with the money. I do think we are doing the right thing though for health reasons alone (I have 5 stones to lose and have been told by my GP I need tablets for high blood pressure - hopefully I can lose the weight and not need the medication). I am over the moon I stumbled across this forum as it is great for for first hand advice and support and yes they have all done brilliantly (that cold be us soon:thumbup:) You will have gone through it before me, so I'm looking forward to hearing of your journey too and hopefully we can support each other through it all. x

Hi TC..Im so pleased to have found somone else who is due to be banded! this is a brilliant forum, but there doesnt seem to be anyone else pre-band out there at the mo?!. I need to lose 6 stone by looking at the height/weight/BMI charts..but I would be over the moon with 5..and I feel this would suit my stature more..Im only 5 feet tall and this would make me a 10 to 12 size. Have you got a date for your banding yet? Have you told your GP yet? Im going to see mine next week..Im really scared that shell try and talk me out of it or tell me Im stupid ir something! she has given me all the prescription weight loss drugs possible now so hopefully shell be ok.. Im going to ask her if she can refer me to a dietician maybe afterwards though..just for a bit of back up. Im excited though and apprehensive just like you maybe..have you booked with Dr Chris direct, or with Bridget at proffessional beauty, or someone else? Gillian x