Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

what does sweet spot feel like????

Any good descriptions?

I have 8cc/10cc VGB...I can still eat just about anything... Am I suppose to feel different?

Rice gets stuck everytime but most everything else goes down too smooth.

I think I am at my optimum spot. Since my fill (fourth) 2 weeks ago, I can eat very little. I actually start to get a full and uncomfortable feeling about the second bite, but it subsides a little and I can eat a bit more. I have to be VERY careful gulping liquid or not chewing enough. Have had quite a few PB episodes since this fill....all were totally my fault and could have been avoided if I had slowed down. I am not getting as hungry as often now. When I do, it gets satsified pretty quickly.

For me it is being able to eat almost anything, but not very much; about 1/2 cup at the most at one meal.

bread and pizza are a no go, but I can eat most meats, fruit, salad, almost all vegetables, rice, potatoes.

I consider where I am my sweet spot, but I have to take tiny bites and really chew. I've finally starting using cocktail forks and espresso spoons to control my bite size. Even a year after surgery I still find that the small bites and proper chewing are still not second nature for me.

shoregirl: Im worried now, I have 6 in my VGB. I go for a fill on Oct 3 and was hoping to move up to 8 and was thinking that this must be the spot since there isnt much left to go. Im doing ok on the weight loss, but like you can eat what ever I want, I have just been chosing not to do so. I know its not the ideal situation but I would like to Pb or slime just once so that way I know that there is restriction.

I can drink liquids easily (except diet coke). I get uncomfortable after about 3 bites however I can eat 2 cups of mashed potatoes, so I avoid them. meat fills me up very quickly no matter how well I chew or how slow I eat it. My band gurgles a bit as food goes through.

I get the gurgling also. I just got my third fill at 4.5d in my 10cc band. I feel I have a very sensative stomach and esphogus. Every time I have gotten a fill I feel super tight the next couple of days and it is even hard to get liquids down. I feel it stop and slowly go down. It is the weirdest feeling. I can't even eat soft foods until noon as the coffee barely goes down. But I have lost 3 pounds in 5 days so it is working. Your sweet spot is when you can only intake a couple of bites at a time and you start feeling the tightness in your chest saying to stop and put down the fork. It takes a long time to get threw a meal that you usually just eat small portions.

The "sweet spot" is more of a state of being than a physical state. You may reach a certain level of restriction that you're comfortable with and are steadily losing 1-2 lbs a week. That's generally considered "the sweet spot". There's no specific feeling I could tell you, no specific types of food you should be restricted from, no real specific amount of food you should be able to eat. (Although personally, if I could only eat 1/4 cup of food I would think something is wrong.) It's all very subjective.

For me, when I could feel those first couple of bites go down or feel a certain amount of pressure after a small amount of food I was too tight. So again, it's very subjective and bottom line it's how YOU feel. Are you happy with where you are? Are you able to eat comfortably? Are you losing at a steady rate? If not, search out why. Is it behavioral (such as diet or exercise levels) or do you need a slight fill to help you modify your behaviors?

i slimed tonight for the first time.

i go for my first fill on oct. 19th.

i don't understand it really... so i did a search

on sliming and PB... whatever that stands for...

and found this thread.

I've been holding my sweet spot for a month! My experience is almost verbatum Kayce..... no more than a half cup of food but if it is meat it is a few bites...... I had 3 bites of moist meat loaf for lunch and maybe 1/4 of a slow cooked pork steak for dinner........... but I can easily eat a full portion of Weight Control oatmeal made with at least a cup of milk every morning..... I can eat ice cream till the cows come home so I TRY to stay away from it.......... I can eat 5-7 chips with salsa and then ruin my taco..... I am so glad that I can not eat pizza because I would.... :)

I just got my 2nd fill to 7.5/10ccs. I am very happy. I can drink 8 oz but can only eat about 1/3 cup of food. I hope this is my sweet spot! Thicker liquids do get gurgly (is that a word?).

I got my first fill on the 17th of November. 1.4 cc's in a 9.75 band. I had some restriction before the fill. I can't tell much difference but I think I am at a good place. I can eat sweets real well. I can hardly eat chicken. I am really trying to slow down and chew. I have been gobbling my food for 52 years!!! It is definitely a work in progress.

Cleone

It's a a very fine line between the sweet spot, and being overfilled.

The sweet spot can change. When you lose weight, you're also losing fat around the stomach. That makes the band looser.

The sweet spot is when you fill up on a small amount of food, and aren't hungry for several hours.