Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Looking for a doctor/Oregon

Guest Diana_I

Guest Diana_I

Hi , I'm from Southern Oregon. Medford actually. I am looking for a doctor to do my band. I have heard of only 2 doctors so far and was wondering if anyone heard of them. A Dr. Tersigni of Coos Bay and a Dr. Mirande from Klamath Falls.

Thank you for any help .

Diana

I just pm'd you on the S Cal thread. You will get more responses if you only post one thread per subject. You may want to delete one of these. Best of luck to you!

Hi Diana,

I would not use Tersigni. I know of two people personally who have had trouble with him. I don't know about the other fellow but Portland has several very good ones. My fill doctor Thomas Eubanks does banding and is an absolute jem of a doctor. Emma Patterson is also supposed to be very good. Jack just got his done by Dr. Hong who also works in Patterson's office. There is also an office in bend but I haven't heard a lot about them and what I did hear wasn't very inviting. Best of luck, Teresa

Hey - I am also in Medford, OR, looking for a fill doc. I was referred to Dr Emma Patterson in Portland by my surgeon in Wisconsin for my follow-up. I was banded in March 2004 in Wisconsin, and am finding there aren't a lot of docs with enough experience in fills in Oregon. The doc in Bend hasn't been at it for long, I actually used to be his transcriptionist a few years back and probably wouldn't feel comfortable as his patient.

I am attempting to get scheduled with Dr Patterson because she has gone exclusively to banding per other bariatric docs I've spoken to -- Dr Flanagan in Eugene retired in November and his office is also referring patients to Dr Patterson.

I work for Asante healthcare, they are getting a bariatrics program going but not for banding, not yet anyway.

Good luck! Let me know if YOU learn about other docs - "band" together!

Patty G

Hi Patty,

If Dr. Patterson doesn't take you try Dr. Eubanks. He has a wonderful bedside manner and seems to know what he is doing regarding the band. Dr. Flanagan never had anything to do with the bands. He only did open by-passes. There is also a fill doctor in Klamath falls but I haven't really heard much about them. Good luck, Teresa

Guest Bettyboop

I live near Portland and 4 hours from Dr. Tesigin's Office in North Bend.

I also Attend a support group and 98% of the peopl that attend have had surgery with Emma Pattersson, However she is not a Primary Band Dr. she does them but if you check out her page on Obesityhelp.com she mostly does the by pass. I have also attended one of her seminars. I had Dr. Tersigni place my Band in October and every thing went perfect. I had it done in Day surgery went in at 8am and was dressing and getting in my car heading home by 11am. I had a fill completed 6 weeks later and Scott his personal assistant does the fills. He has done over a 100 of them and does not have to use flori-scope (sp) he has a hand held ultra sound machine that helps him find the port and he got mine right the first time. No problems at all. I would recommend them to any body. Trying calling them. You will find they have a better price then Emma's office as the surgery its self was $10,000 cheaper.

Good luck to you.

Gail

Hi All:

I also just went to Dr. Eubanks, in Portland, for my first fill. I was totally impressed with him and his staff. Spent quite a bit of time with me, answering all my questions and making me feel very comfortable. Thank you Teresa for recommending him.

I live a 1/2 hour from Dr. Tersigni, but when I called to check on prices, his were $200 more per fill than Eubanks. And Dr. Mirande, in Klamath falls, were $300 more than Eubanks! So be sure to do your research, talk to people who have had surgery by these Dr's., and check around to see who will do after care and the cost of same.